    ---
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 3/31/07 11:03 AM, in article
    xDvPh.4810$, "Mike Russell"
    <-MOVE> wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > The curvemeister class starts tomorrow, Sunday April 1.
    > http://www.curvemeister.com/support/class/index.htm
    >
    > This is a free, self paced class in which you will learn the basics of color
    > correction using curves. In the class you will learn the concepts of
    > highlight, neutral, and how to work in the RGB and Lab color spaces. The
    > fourth and last week includes skin tones.
    >
    > The class requires any version of Elements, or Photoshop 5.5 or later
    > running under Windows 98 or later. There is no need to purchase. You may
    > use the Curvemeister demo for the class.
    > ---
    > Mike Russell
    > www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    What you got against us Mac folk?!?

    LOL!

    George Kerby, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Mike Russell

    Pete D Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > On 3/31/07 11:03 AM, in article
    > xDvPh.4810$, "Mike Russell"
    > <-MOVE> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> The curvemeister class starts tomorrow, Sunday April 1.
    >> http://www.curvemeister.com/support/class/index.htm
    >>
    >> This is a free, self paced class in which you will learn the basics of
    >> color
    >> correction using curves. In the class you will learn the concepts of
    >> highlight, neutral, and how to work in the RGB and Lab color spaces. The
    >> fourth and last week includes skin tones.
    >>
    >> The class requires any version of Elements, or Photoshop 5.5 or later
    >> running under Windows 98 or later. There is no need to purchase. You
    >> may
    >> use the Curvemeister demo for the class.
    >> ---
    >> Mike Russell
    >> www.curvemeister.com/forum/
    >>

    > What you got against us Mac folk?!?
    >
    > LOL!

    Buy a PC!

    Pete D, Mar 31, 2007
  4. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 3/31/07 4:43 PM, in article
    460ed601$0$7425$, "Pete D"
    <> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> On 3/31/07 11:03 AM, in article
    >> xDvPh.4810$, "Mike Russell"
    >> <-MOVE> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>> The curvemeister class starts tomorrow, Sunday April 1.
    >>> http://www.curvemeister.com/support/class/index.htm
    >>>
    >>> This is a free, self paced class in which you will learn the basics of
    >>> color
    >>> correction using curves. In the class you will learn the concepts of
    >>> highlight, neutral, and how to work in the RGB and Lab color spaces. The
    >>> fourth and last week includes skin tones.
    >>>
    >>> The class requires any version of Elements, or Photoshop 5.5 or later
    >>> running under Windows 98 or later. There is no need to purchase. You
    >>> may
    >>> use the Curvemeister demo for the class.
    >>> ---
    >>> Mike Russell
    >>> www.curvemeister.com/forum/
    >>>

    >> What you got against us Mac folk?!?
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>

    > Buy a PC!

    You couldn't GIVE me another one. Sorry!

    George Kerby, Mar 31, 2007
  5. Mike Russell

    > On 3/31/07 4:43 PM, in article
    > 460ed601$0$7425$, "Pete D"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> On 3/31/07 11:03 AM, in article
    >>> xDvPh.4810$, "Mike Russell"

    >>> What you got against us Mac folk?!?
    >>>
    >>> LOL!
    >>>

    >> Buy a PC!
    >>

    > You couldn't GIVE me another one. Sorry!

    Don't really care but it seems that when someone posts asking a question on
    how to do something on their pC someone usually chimes in with "Buy a Mac"
    so I thought it was my turn. Personally I use PC's and they just work for
    me, sorry that you have had such a bad experience, actually I am not that
    sorry, couldn't give a rats!! ;-)

    Pete D, Mar 31, 2007
  6. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 3/31/07 5:22 PM, in article
    460edf45$0$7439$, "Pete D"
    <> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> On 3/31/07 4:43 PM, in article
    >> 460ed601$0$7425$, "Pete D"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    >>> Buy a PC!
    >>>

    >> You couldn't GIVE me another one. Sorry!
    >>

    > Don't really care but it seems that when someone posts asking a question on
    > how to do something on their pC someone usually chimes in with "Buy a Mac"
    > so I thought it was my turn. Personally I use PC's and they just work for
    > me, sorry that you have had such a bad experience, actually I am not that
    > sorry, couldn't give a rats!! ;-)

    I have a PC that I keep around to see how my Photoshop work might appear on
    their monitors, etc. (different gamma). That is probably the reason that
    Mike limits it to PCs, I would guess. I was just joking about the "giving me
    one" thing. My wife has one built into her MacBook Pro (Parallels).

    Seriously, I just couldn't try to take a workshop on a eMachines 17" LCD 24
    bit depth, but it would be nice on my Mac G5 21" 32 bit CRT.

    BTW: Is it the Mac 1.8 vs. 1.0 PC default gamma settings, Mark?

    George Kerby, Mar 31, 2007
  7. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    > What you got against us Mac folk?!?
    >
    > LOL!

    Hi George,

    Sorry about that. I wish I did have a Mac version of curvemeister.

    I've owned a Mac for years, developed software on them for about 10 years,
    and still wouldn't be without one.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Mar 31, 2007
  8. Mike Russell

    > On 3/31/07 5:22 PM, in article
    > 460edf45$0$7439$, "Pete D"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> On 3/31/07 4:43 PM, in article
    >>> 460ed601$0$7425$, "Pete D"

    >>> You couldn't GIVE me another one. Sorry!
    >>>

    >> Don't really care but it seems that when someone posts asking a question
    >> on
    >> how to do something on their pC someone usually chimes in with "Buy a
    >> Mac"
    >> so I thought it was my turn. Personally I use PC's and they just work for
    >> me, sorry that you have had such a bad experience, actually I am not that
    >> sorry, couldn't give a rats!! ;-)
    >>

    > I have a PC that I keep around to see how my Photoshop work might appear
    > on
    > their monitors, etc. (different gamma). That is probably the reason that
    > Mike limits it to PCs, I would guess. I was just joking about the "giving
    > me
    > one" thing. My wife has one built into her MacBook Pro (Parallels).
    >
    > Seriously, I just couldn't try to take a workshop on a eMachines 17" LCD
    > 24
    > bit depth, but it would be nice on my Mac G5 21" 32 bit CRT.

    I moved from a Trinitron 21 in CRT, currently using a 22 in widescreen.

    Pete D, Apr 1, 2007
  9. Mike Russell wrote:
    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >> What you got against us Mac folk?!?
    >>
    >> LOL!

    > Hi George,
    >
    > Sorry about that. I wish I did have a Mac version of curvemeister.
    >
    > I've owned a Mac for years, developed software on them for about 10 years,
    > and still wouldn't be without one.

    So why no Mac CurveMeister?

    --
    Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

    Derek Fountain, Apr 1, 2007
  10. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Derek Fountain" <> wrote in message

    > So why no Mac CurveMeister?

    At the time I started Curvemeister, the Mac was still OS9, with OSX looming
    in the future. I had to pick one platform or the other, and picked Windows.
    Unlike other plugins, the user interface for Curvemeister is loaded with
    special features - for example the in-place preview window - that are not
    portable between Windows and Mac. So, for the time being anyway, there is
    no Mac version. Never say never - this could change.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2007
  11. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 4/1/07 11:08 AM, in article
    rOQPh.12682$, "Mike Russell"
    <-MOVE> wrote:

    > "Derek Fountain" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> So why no Mac CurveMeister?

    > At the time I started Curvemeister, the Mac was still OS9, with OSX looming
    > in the future. I had to pick one platform or the other, and picked Windows.
    > Unlike other plugins, the user interface for Curvemeister is loaded with
    > special features - for example the in-place preview window - that are not
    > portable between Windows and Mac. So, for the time being anyway, there is
    > no Mac version. Never say never - this could change.

    I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    potential customers. *Most* designers and photographers use Macs.
    My .02
    GK (who was using Photoshop before there was Photoshop-"Digital Darkroom",
    on the Mac...)

    George Kerby, Apr 1, 2007
  12. George Kerby wrote:

    > I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    > potential customers.

    Yea all 10 of them.

    --
    "My first thought was, he lied in every word,
    That hoary cripple, with malicious eye

    - Browning

    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    evadnikufesin, Apr 1, 2007
  13. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 4/1/07 12:18 PM, in article ,
    "evadnikufesin" <> wrote:

    > George Kerby wrote:
    >
    >> I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    >> potential customers.

    > Yea all 10 of them.

    I'm talking professionals, not someone like yourself...

    George Kerby, Apr 1, 2007
  14. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    [re Mac version]
    > I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    > potential customers. *Most* designers and photographers use Macs.
    > My .02

    Point taken - many people, including Dan Margulis who is the godfather of
    Curvemeister, can't use it because there's no Mac version.

    > GK (who was using Photoshop before there was Photoshop-"Digital Darkroom",
    > on the Mac...)

    I remember that program - back when the best photo printer I had was a
    LaserWriter.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2007
  15. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 4/1/07 1:16 PM, in article QFSPh.4327$,
    "Mike Russell" <-MOVE> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    > [re Mac version]
    >> I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    >> potential customers. *Most* designers and photographers use Macs.
    >> My .02

    > Point taken - many people, including Dan Margulis who is the godfather of
    > Curvemeister, can't use it because there's no Mac version.
    >
    >> GK (who was using Photoshop before there was Photoshop-"Digital Darkroom",
    >> on the Mac...)

    > I remember that program - back when the best photo printer I had was a
    > LaserWriter.

    You must have been around as long as me, LOL! I started Googling around and
    came up with this:
    http://photoshopnews.com/2005/12/15/the-history-of-photoshop/
    17+ years: I'm getting pretty "long in tooth".

    George Kerby, Apr 1, 2007
  16. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    > You must have been around as long as me, LOL! I started Googling around
    > and
    > came up with this:
    > http://photoshopnews.com/2005/12/15/the-history-of-photoshop/
    > 17+ years: I'm getting pretty "long in tooth".

    LOL - I could say I was at Lucasfilm when Knoll was busy stealing libpixar
    code to write Photoshop v10, but I won't.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2007
  17. Mike Russell

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <QFSPh.4327$>, Mike
    Russell <-MOVE> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    > [re Mac version]
    > > I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    > > potential customers. *Most* designers and photographers use Macs.
    > > My .02

    > Point taken - many people, including Dan Margulis who is the godfather of
    > Curvemeister, can't use it because there's no Mac version.
    >
    > > GK (who was using Photoshop before there was Photoshop-"Digital Darkroom",
    > > on the Mac...)

    > I remember that program - back when the best photo printer I had was a
    > LaserWriter.

    Although I never saw the start of this thread, I don't just "second",
    but "forty-third" <g> the request for Mac accessibility.

    I /could/ use my wife's PeeCee, but I do *all* MY work on the Mac, so
    (although they are close enough) it would still be a slightly different
    look and feel to learn on.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Apr 1, 2007
  18. George Kerby wrote:

    > On 4/1/07 12:18 PM, in article
    > , "evadnikufesin"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > George Kerby wrote:
    > >
    > >> I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large

    > pool of >> potential customers.
    > >
    > > Yea all 10 of them.

    > I'm talking professionals, not someone like yourself...

    I'm sorry... all 15 of them.

    evadnikufesin, Apr 1, 2007
  19. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    On 4/1/07 4:03 PM, in article ,
    "evadnikufesin" <> wrote:

    > George Kerby wrote:
    >

    >> On 4/1/07 12:18 PM, in article
    >> , "evadnikufesin"
    >> <> wrote:

    >> pool of >> potential customers.
    >>>
    >>> Yea all 10 of them.

    >> I'm talking professionals, not someone like yourself...

    > I'm sorry... all 15 of them.

    Don't quit your day job. Your attempt at comedy will result in your being
    extremely humiliated.

    Here we have a perfect example of an A.F.I. at it's best.

    George Kerby, Apr 2, 2007
  20. George Kerby wrote:

    > On 4/1/07 4:03 PM, in article
    > , "evadnikufesin"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > George Kerby wrote:
    > >

    > >> On 4/1/07 12:18 PM, in article
    > >> , "evadnikufesin"

    > >> pool of >> potential customers.

    > >> I'm talking professionals, not someone like yourself...

    > > I'm sorry... all 15 of them.

    > Don't quit your day job. Your attempt at comedy will result in your
    > being extremely humiliated.

    Truth hurts, eh?

    > Here we have a perfect example of an A.F.I. at it's best.

    And from you a perfect example of T.A.R.D. at it's best.

    evadnikufesin, Apr 2, 2007