    I see a bunch of them on EBAY for under $10 plus shipping. One EBAY deal
    shows a dual disc set. There is a legit R2 DVD from England.

    Why has Criterion not made a DVD of The African Queen?

    Pat, May 4, 2004

  2. Pat wrote:
    > Why has Criterion not made a DVD of The African Queen?

    Because they can't get the rights, most likely?

    _The African Queen_ currently belongs to Paramount, and Paramount has never
    been big on licensing their titles to Criterion. I can think of exactly one
    title they've so licensed, from back in the laserdisc days: _Robinson
    Crusoe on Mars_.

    doug

    --
    "Show me the movie that doesn't deal in black and white..."
    --James

    Douglas Bailey, May 5, 2004

  3. Pat

    anthony Guest

    The legit Region 2 African Queen has also been issued in REgion 4
    (Australia), where it's much cheaper. Check it out at ezydvd.com.au or
    atlanticdvd.com.au -- I saw it at atlantic a while back for about $10
    US.

    anthony, May 5, 2004