    I don't even know what company gives out these particuar certs...if there's
    a website that explains all of the above in sufficient detail, I'd
    appreciate a link to it,...TIA
    jake lee, Apr 18, 2004

  2. jake lee

    Jimmy Guest

    http://www.comptia.com/

    "jake lee" <> wrote in message
    news:c7ngc.7914$...
    > I'm interested in becoming A+ certified, and I'm confident that I can,

    with
    > my current knowledge, read a couple of quality books on the subject

    (mostly
    > to catch up to the newest tech subjects), and gather the necessary

    knowledge
    > to pass the test...
    >
    > ...however, as for the next step, can somebody please shed some details on
    > the specifc process of actually taking the test? i.e. 1) where does one go
    > to take such an exam? 2) approx how much will it cost? 3) what is the

    exam

    Jimmy, Apr 18, 2004

  3. jake lee

    David Hough Guest

    Jake Find the nearest Vue or Prometric test center. That is where you
    will take your test. Mine was at the local community college. These
    are testing companys who certify nurses, electronic and other trades.
    After verifying that you are you, you are set down in front of a
    terminal with no notes allowed, and take your timed test.(one hour).
    There are two tests for A+ and they are about $150 each, pass or fail.
    David Hough, Apr 18, 2004
  4. jake lee

    Stu Guest

    After all the preparation for the test. I found the actuall test a breeze.

    Stu, Apr 18, 2004
  5. jake lee

    Jose Guest

    Hello Jake,

    As a previous poster stated you should download the exam's objectives from
    the Comptia's Web site they are the ones that administer the exam.

    You will also benefit from visiting these sites.

    www.cramsession.com

    www.certcities.com

    And if you are looking for a good book, check Mike Meyers All in One Exam
    book, you can also buy discount vouchers from his company www.totalsem.com

    Good luck,

    Jose
    Network+|A+ Technical Trainer
    MCSA, Network+, A+

    Jose, Apr 18, 2004
  6. jake lee

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is great Link
    for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

    Karkucus, Apr 20, 2004