The 50 Worst Films Ever Made...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by mhadley@itol.com, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    The Ape (1940)
    Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla (1952)
    Glen or Glenda (1953)
    Robot Monster (1953)
    Mesa of Lost Women (1953)
    Killers from Space (1954)
    Bride of the Monster (1955)
    Snow White-German Version (1955)
    Voodoo Woman (1957)
    The Wild Women of Wongo (1958)
    Robot Verses The Aztec Mummy (1958)
    Teenage Zombies (1959)
    The Killer Shrews (1959)
    Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
    Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961)
    Eegah (1962)
    The Three Stooges in Orbit (1962)
    They Saved Hitler's Brain (1963) (TV)
    The Crawling Hand (1963)
    The Creeping Terror (1964)
    The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up
    Zombies!!? (1964)
    Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
    Frankenstein Conquers The World (1965)
    Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster (1965)
    The Fat Spy (1966)
    Hillbillys in a Haunted House (1967)
    Spider Baby, or The Maddest Story Ever Told (1968)
    Greetings (1968)
    Trog (1970)
    Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1971)
    The Thing with Two Heads (1972)
    Black Belt Jones (1974)
    The Swinging Cheerleaders (1974)
    The Trial of Billy Jack (1974)
    T.N.T. Jackson (1975)
    The Incredible Torture Show (1976)
    J.D.'s Revenge (1976)
    The Incredible Melting Man (1977)
    The Crippled Master (1979)
    The Great Alligator (1979)
    Xanadu (1980)
    Great White (1981)
    Firebird 2015 AD (1981)
    Galaxy of Terror (1981)
    Sorceress (1982)
    Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 (1983)
    Troll (1986)
    Howard the Duck (1986)
    Ishtar (1987)
    Leonard Part 6 (1987)

    While most of these films belong on this list (sorry, I love Galaxy
    Of Terror, no way a "worst film"), I found it odd what films were NOT
    on the list. Truly horrid films like Manos: The Hands Of Fate, The
    Giant Spider Invasion, Son Of Godzilla, King Kong 1976, Eyes Wide Shut,
    Star Trek V, Trancers 5, Alien 3, Battlefield Earth etc.... were not.
    How?

    What films listed above do you feel should NOT be on the list (if
    any) and what films NOT on the list should be there?

    , Nov 25, 2006

  2. Sam Lowry Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, mhadley wrote:

    > what films NOT on the list should be there?

    The remake of 'The Producers'
    The US version of 'The Grudge'
    The US version of 'Dark Water'

    -SL

    Sam Lowry, Nov 25, 2006

  3. Citizen Bob Guest

    On 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, wrote:

    > Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    >year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    >Xanadu (1980)

    HUH?

    Olivia and Gene were superb. The rest of the story was nonsense but
    those two made up for it.

    --

    Rope, Tree, Journalist - some assembly required.

    Chain, Pickup, Politician - some assembly required.

    Citizen Bob, Nov 25, 2006
  4. Hertz_Donut Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    > year, not by how bad they rate the films).
    >
    > The Ape (1940)
    > Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla (1952)
    > Glen or Glenda (1953)
    > Robot Monster (1953)
    > Mesa of Lost Women (1953)
    > Killers from Space (1954)
    > Bride of the Monster (1955)
    > Snow White-German Version (1955)
    > Voodoo Woman (1957)
    > The Wild Women of Wongo (1958)
    > Robot Verses The Aztec Mummy (1958)
    > Teenage Zombies (1959)
    > The Killer Shrews (1959)
    > Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
    > Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961)
    > Eegah (1962)
    > The Three Stooges in Orbit (1962)
    > They Saved Hitler's Brain (1963) (TV)
    > The Crawling Hand (1963)
    > The Creeping Terror (1964)
    > The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up
    > Zombies!!? (1964)
    > Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
    > Frankenstein Conquers The World (1965)
    > Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster (1965)
    > The Fat Spy (1966)
    > Hillbillys in a Haunted House (1967)
    > Spider Baby, or The Maddest Story Ever Told (1968)
    > Greetings (1968)
    > Trog (1970)
    > Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1971)
    > The Thing with Two Heads (1972)
    > Black Belt Jones (1974)
    > The Swinging Cheerleaders (1974)
    > The Trial of Billy Jack (1974)
    > T.N.T. Jackson (1975)
    > The Incredible Torture Show (1976)
    > J.D.'s Revenge (1976)
    > The Incredible Melting Man (1977)
    > The Crippled Master (1979)
    > The Great Alligator (1979)
    > Xanadu (1980)
    > Great White (1981)
    > Firebird 2015 AD (1981)
    > Galaxy of Terror (1981)
    > Sorceress (1982)
    > Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 (1983)
    > Troll (1986)
    > Howard the Duck (1986)
    > Ishtar (1987)
    > Leonard Part 6 (1987)
    >
    > While most of these films belong on this list (sorry, I love Galaxy
    > Of Terror, no way a "worst film"), I found it odd what films were NOT
    > on the list. Truly horrid films like Manos: The Hands Of Fate, The
    > Giant Spider Invasion, Son Of Godzilla, King Kong 1976, Eyes Wide Shut,
    > Star Trek V, Trancers 5, Alien 3, Battlefield Earth etc.... were not.
    > How?
    >
    > What films listed above do you feel should NOT be on the list (if
    > any) and what films NOT on the list should be there?

    The absolute worst film ever made is a nasty little piece of schlock called
    "Forbidden Zone"; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080752/

    Honu

    Hertz_Donut, Nov 25, 2006
  5. Meng Guest

    Citizen Bob wrote:

    > On 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >> Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    >>year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    >>Xanadu (1980)

    > HUH?

    Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    getting back.

    Meng, Nov 25, 2006
  6. Meng wrote:

    >>> Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    >>> year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    >>> Xanadu (1980)

    >> HUH?

    > Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    > getting back

    And -_- , the "50WF" *still* uses the mainstream-dope argument of
    "Huh?--Whadda heck was THAT story all about?", despite the fact that the
    plot is neatly spelled out in crayon in what even fans will admit is the
    corniest line in the movie...
    (Well, glad someone's having fun.)

    Derek Janssen, past Founder and current President, Xanadu
    Anti-Defamation League

    Derek Janssen, Nov 25, 2006
  7. Tarkus Guest

    On 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, wrote:

    > What films listed above do you feel should NOT be on the list (if
    > any) and what films NOT on the list should be there?

    No worst film list is complete without Bo Derek's "Tarzan the Ape Man"
    disaster. Although I guess an argument could be made that it gets a pass
    for the nudity.
    --
    My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted. -- Steven Wright

    Now playing: "King Crimson - Biker Babes of the Rio Grande"

    Tarkus, Nov 25, 2006
  8. Per :
    > What films listed above do you feel should NOT be on the list (if
    >any) and what films NOT on the list should be there?

    I'd nominate GodFather III as a slam-dunk for the "worst" list - especially in
    light of how good I and II were.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Nov 25, 2006
  9. Quanta Guest

    > Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

    You know you have a classic when the wardrobe for martians includes football
    helmets with pipe cleaners for antenna.

    What was the name of that wonderful film with a scene that had a brain
    suspended by visible wires attempting to attack a scientist who bats at it
    with a stick?

    Quanta, Nov 25, 2006
  10. Hertz_Donut Guest

    "Quanta" <> wrote in message

    >> Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

    > You know you have a classic when the wardrobe for martians includes
    > football helmets with pipe cleaners for antenna.
    >
    > What was the name of that wonderful film with a scene that had a brain
    > suspended by visible wires attempting to attack a scientist who bats at it
    > with a stick?

    Brain From Planet Arous (1958)

    Honu.

    Hertz_Donut, Nov 26, 2006
  11. I noticed Troll (1986) was on there but Troll 2 (1990) was not! I mean
    come on, the first one had a budget but the second had troll costumes
    that were literally burlap sacks with rubber masks. Not to mention
    acting that even I can do better, and trust I can't act.

    Jonathan Brisby, Nov 26, 2006
  12. dgates Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:08:57 GMT, Meng <> wrote:

    >Citizen Bob wrote:
    >
    >> On 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, wrote:
    >>

    >>> Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    >>>year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    >>>Xanadu (1980)

    >> HUH?
    >>

    >Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    >getting back.

    Presumably, if they're trying to sell these, they mean "The 50 'Worst'
    Films That You Might Actually Want to Sit Through."

    There are certainly 50 films a lot worse than Xanadu. Old, black &
    white ones with terrible sound and just unwatchably boring boring
    boring. But who'd want to watch one of those??

    Heck, the guys putting together the set could shoot their own worst
    "films." Just get a Hi-Def camera and shoot both "The Guy Who Walked
    Around Aimlessly" and its sequel, "The Guy Who Cleaned the Gutter by
    Himself" in a single afternoon.

    But they've gotta figure that people might actually want to check out
    Glen or Glenda, or Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, or any of the
    titles with the word "Woman" or "Women."

    dgates, Nov 26, 2006
  13. Citizen Bob Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:08:57 GMT, Meng <> wrote:

    >Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    >getting back.

    You obviously are not a fan of Olivia Newton John.

    Citizen Bob, Nov 26, 2006
  14. JoeBloe Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:15:12 GMT, (Citizen Bob) Gave us:

    >On 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    >>year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    >>Xanadu (1980)

    >HUH?
    >
    >Olivia and Gene were superb. The rest of the story was nonsense but
    >those two made up for it.

    Damn. The BobTARD gets one right.

    JoeBloe, Nov 26, 2006
  15. JoeBloe Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:08:57 GMT, Meng <> Gave us:

    >Citizen Bob wrote:
    >
    >> On 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, wrote:
    >>

    >>> Found a direct to video release called this. Here is their list (by
    >>>year, not by how bad they rate the films).

    >>>Xanadu (1980)

    >> HUH?
    >>

    >Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    >getting back.

    Reading your retarded post just sucked 30 seconds of mine away.
    Where do I send the bill for that?

    JoeBloe, Nov 26, 2006
  16. JoeBloe Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:28:46 -1000, "Hertz_Donut"
    <> Gave us:

    >"Quanta" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

    >> You know you have a classic when the wardrobe for martians includes
    >> football helmets with pipe cleaners for antenna.
    >>
    >> What was the name of that wonderful film with a scene that had a brain
    >> suspended by visible wires attempting to attack a scientist who bats at it
    >> with a stick?
    >>

    >Brain From Planet Arous (1958)
    >
    >Honu.

    The Floating Eye

    Was another good <sic> one.

    JoeBloe, Nov 26, 2006
  17. Citizen Bob Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:47:31 -0800, JoeBloe
    <> wrote:

    >>Olivia and Gene were superb. The rest of the story was nonsense but
    >>those two made up for it.

    > Damn. The BobTARD gets one right.

    Damn, another leftist pervert checks in.

    Citizen Bob, Nov 26, 2006
  18. Citizen Bob Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:48:54 -0800, JoeBloe
    <> wrote:

    >>Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    >>getting back.

    > Reading your retarded post just sucked 30 seconds of mine away.
    >Where do I send the bill for that?

    Your asshole boifriend.

    Citizen Bob, Nov 26, 2006
  19. Citizen Bob wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:08:57 GMT, Meng <> wrote:
    >

    >>Well deserving of it's place IMO. 90-odd minutes of my life I'm never
    >>getting back.

    > You obviously are not a fan of Olivia Newton John.

    Or ELO--Given the "Electric Dreams" principle that there *ARE* no bad
    movies with Jeff Lynne on the soundtrack.) :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Nov 26, 2006
  20. Guest

    >On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 04:21:30 -0800, mhadley wrote:
    >
    >> what films NOT on the list should be there?

    'Last Tango in Paris' -- putrid

    , Nov 27, 2006