    The HELP window came up!

    Even though i hate the 21st century

    I guess I just "gotta" love it too !
    philo, Jun 17, 2006

  2. philo

    Guest

    "philo" <> wrote:

    |>it's only 2006 and i already hate the 21st century...
    |>i was felling like such an old fart...
    |>and was dashing off a complaint (via email of course)
    |>
    |>Just as I was doing so...my kitty cat came flying across the desk
    |>and landed on top of the keyboard.
    |>

    |>The HELP window came up!
    |>
    |>Even though i hate the 21st century
    |>
    |>I guess I just "gotta" love it too !

    Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

    --
    http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html
    , Jun 17, 2006

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

    well that little devil cat is getting a bit better...but still pretty wild.

    she was going after the computer wires the other day and my girlfriend
    grabbed the squirt bottle...
    then thought better of it <G>
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  4. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    > <snip>
    >>>>

    >> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.
    >>

    > well that little devil cat is getting a bit better...but still pretty
    > wild.

    I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went over to
    visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given up on it's real
    name, and taken to calling it Little Shit:

    "DOWN! Little shit."
    "STOP THAT! Little shit."
    "DON'T! Little shit."

    Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...

    --
    I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
    alphabetical order, just like it should be.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    > I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went over to
    > visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given up on it's

    real
    > name, and taken to calling it Little Shit:
    >
    > "DOWN! Little shit."
    > "STOP THAT! Little shit."
    > "DON'T! Little shit."
    >
    > Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...

    Yeah they are pretty bad...but the vest said that within the next 6 months
    she should calm down...
    even though the kitty can be a pest...she's a constant source of good
    laughter!!!!

    BTW: I never yet had a cat that got arrested running from the cops...

    can't say that about my own daughter <G>
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  6. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    >> I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went
    >> over to visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given
    >> up on it's real name, and taken to calling it Little Shit:
    >>
    >> "DOWN! Little shit."
    >> "STOP THAT! Little shit."
    >> "DON'T! Little shit."
    >>
    >> Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...
    >>

    > Yeah they are pretty bad...but the vest said that within the next 6
    > months she should calm down...
    > even though the kitty can be a pest...she's a constant source of good
    > laughter!!!!
    >

    > BTW: I never yet had a cat that got arrested running from the cops...
    >
    > can't say that about my own daughter <G>

    True, but your daughter never climbed up your leg with her claws out when
    you were shaving, either ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote:
    >
    >|>it's only 2006 and i already hate the 21st century... |>i was
    >felling like such an old fart... |>and was dashing off a complaint
    >(via email of course) |> |>Just as I was doing so...my kitty cat came
    >flying across the desk |>and landed on top of the keyboard. |> |>
    >|>The HELP window came up! |> |>Even though i hate the 21st century |>
    >|>I guess I just "gotta" love it too ! |>
    >
    > Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

    Cat people seem to *like* that kind of shit. Cat people talk about
    "being owned" by their cats as a positive thing. There's some kind of
    character defect afoot, there. A cat will own me when he's paying the
    rent and buying the groceries.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 17, 2006
  8. Toolman Tim mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > In news:,
    > philo spewed forth:
    >> <snip>
    >>>>>

    >>> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.
    >>>

    >> well that little devil cat is getting a bit better...but still pretty
    >> wild.
    >>

    > I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went
    > over to visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given
    > up on it's real name, and taken to calling it Little Shit:
    >
    > "DOWN! Little shit."
    > "STOP THAT! Little shit."
    > "DON'T! Little shit."

    I can identify with that. We recently acquired (or perhaps I should say she
    selected us) a kitten (now about 10-12 weeks old), that is Satan incarnate.
    She's into *everything*, and I do mean *everything*. The only one who can
    even come close to keeping her in line is our seven year old neutered male.
    He weighs 17 pounds and must be about 20 times her size. He puts up with
    her tomfoolery (attacking his tail, waitng in concealment for him to
    stroll by, and then leaping from cover) only so long, and then gives her a
    good stout cuff about the ears, which sends her rolling across the floor.
    It at least puts a damper on her rambunctious behavior for maybe 2 minutes,
    tops.

    > Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...

    Sometimes I think the Mrs. Sourdough would trade her in on one, gladly. :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I used to like political jokes until so many of them got elected.
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 17, 2006
  9. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > True, but your daughter never climbed up your leg with her claws out when
    > you were shaving, either ;o)

    now that's true all right.

    when the kitty climbs up my legs while i'm wearing pants...
    it's not so bad...
    but the times when i'm just wearning my shorts...
    now that's a problem!!!!
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    > I can identify with that. We recently acquired (or perhaps I should say

    she
    > selected us) a kitten (now about 10-12 weeks old), that is Satan

    incarnate.
    > She's into *everything*, and I do mean *everything*. The only one who can
    > even come close to keeping her in line is our seven year old neutered

    male.
    > He weighs 17 pounds and must be about 20 times her size. He puts up with
    > her tomfoolery (attacking his tail, waitng in concealment for him to
    > stroll by, and then leaping from cover) only so long, and then gives her a
    > good stout cuff about the ears, which sends her rolling across the floor.
    > It at least puts a damper on her rambunctious behavior for maybe 2

    minutes,
    > tops.

    Well we just use a spray bottle or squirt gun...
    or else i can hiss at the cat...i'm quite good at it!
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  11. philo

    philo Guest

    > Cat people seem to *like* that kind of shit. Cat people talk about
    > "being owned" by their cats as a positive thing. There's some kind of
    > character defect afoot, there. A cat will own me when he's paying the
    > rent and buying the groceries.

    well even though can't don't usually buy any groceries...
    they usually hunt for dinner and usually leave a nice dead mouse or two by
    the back door...

    when i end up eating those mice...
    then i'll be willing to admit i have a problem!!!!!
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  12. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> True, but your daughter never climbed up your leg with her claws out
    >> when you were shaving, either ;o)
    >>

    > now that's true all right.
    >
    > when the kitty climbs up my legs while i'm wearing pants...
    > it's not so bad...
    > but the times when i'm just wearning my shorts...
    > now that's a problem!!!!

    Ahhh! The memories <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  13. philo

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:31:31 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >> I can identify with that. We recently acquired (or perhaps I should say

    >she
    >> selected us) a kitten (now about 10-12 weeks old), that is Satan

    >incarnate.
    >> She's into *everything*, and I do mean *everything*. The only one who can
    >> even come close to keeping her in line is our seven year old neutered

    >male.
    >> He weighs 17 pounds and must be about 20 times her size. He puts up with
    >> her tomfoolery (attacking his tail, waitng in concealment for him to
    >> stroll by, and then leaping from cover) only so long, and then gives her a
    >> good stout cuff about the ears, which sends her rolling across the floor.
    >> It at least puts a damper on her rambunctious behavior for maybe 2

    >minutes,
    >> tops.
    >> >

    >Well we just use a spray bottle or squirt gun...
    >or else i can hiss at the cat...i'm quite good at it!

    Yeah, I do that too sometimes if our kitty is clawing on the wrong
    item. She takes of like a streak out of the room. I have in the past
    used a can of something that makes a hissing noise and she never liked
    what was in the can.Cats can have memories like elephants I think.
    But most of the time she gets brushed by me, or sleeps or eats. She
    won't have any kittens cause she was fixed but good.
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 17, 2006
  14. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > wrote:

    >> felling like such an old fart... |>and was dashing off a complaint
    >> (via email of course) |> |>Just as I was doing so...my kitty cat came
    >> flying across the desk |>and landed on top of the keyboard. |> |>

    >> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

    > Cat people seem to *like* that kind of shit. Cat people talk about
    > "being owned" by their cats as a positive thing. There's some kind of
    > character defect afoot, there. A cat will own me when he's paying the
    > rent and buying the groceries.

    Well, we dog people have some of the same issues. I have a sign on my wall
    that says "The dog and her housekeeping staff live here." And I'm positive
    my basset thinks of me only as her Food Slave.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  15. philo

    philo Guest

    !!!!

    > Ahhh! The memories <g>

    well , i dont' think i was going to get in any beauty contests with my legs
    anyway...

    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  16. philo

    philo Guest

    > >Well we just use a spray bottle or squirt gun...
    > >or else i can hiss at the cat...i'm quite good at it!
    > >

    > Yeah, I do that too sometimes if our kitty is clawing on the wrong
    > item. She takes of like a streak out of the room. I have in the past
    > used a can of something that makes a hissing noise and she never liked
    > what was in the can.Cats can have memories like elephants I think.
    > But most of the time she gets brushed by me, or sleeps or eats. She
    > won't have any kittens cause she was fixed but good.

    Yep our kitty is going to be "fixed" next month...

    one kitty is plenty!!!
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  17. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    > !!!!
    >>
    >> Ahhh! The memories <g>

    > well , i dont' think i was going to get in any beauty contests with
    > my legs anyway...

    True. Mine have lost most of their boyhood charm. A few scars, a little
    "big", and way too much /hair/!

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  18. philo

    philo Guest

    > > well , i dont' think i was going to get in any beauty contests with
    > > my legs anyway...

    > True. Mine have lost most of their boyhood charm. A few scars, a little
    > "big", and way too much /hair/!

    well my legs lost their looks some time around 1954 or '55
    it was the day i learned how to ride my "two wheeler" without training
    wheels!

    after a few minutes of riding ...
    now an expert...i decided it was time to ride "one handed" on a gravel
    road!!!

    lucky i did not poke my eye out too!!!
    philo, Jun 17, 2006
  19. Blinky the Shark mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >snip>
    > Cat people seem to *like* that kind of shit. Cat people talk about
    > "being owned" by their cats as a positive thing. There's some kind of
    > character defect afoot, there. A cat will own me when he's paying the
    > rent and buying the groceries.

    AHA!! Your days on this earth are numbered for uttering such heresy. I'd
    watch getting too close to the tiger cage on your next trip to the zoo....

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 17, 2006
  20. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    >>> well , i dont' think i was going to get in any beauty contests with
    >>> my legs anyway...

    >> True. Mine have lost most of their boyhood charm. A few scars, a
    >> little "big", and way too much /hair/!

    > well my legs lost their looks some time around 1954 or '55
    > it was the day i learned how to ride my "two wheeler" without training
    > wheels!
    >
    > after a few minutes of riding ...
    > now an expert...i decided it was time to ride "one handed" on a gravel
    > road!!!
    >
    > lucky i did not poke my eye out too!!!

    Worst two-wheeler accident I ever witnessed was a young boy trying to jump
    up onto the sidewalk from the street. He got the front wheel off the ground,
    but just a bit early. So it came down right on the corner of the curb. Since
    he was travelling at a pretty good clip, the bike stopped, he didn't, and he
    raked his...umm...errr...well, you know what...right over the gooseneck for
    the handlebars. He was still writhing in the street a full
    5 minutes later.

    I'd gladly scrape up my legs rather than do what HE did <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006