THE 20D REALLY STANDS OUT !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Annika1980

    Tim S. Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Dare to be different with the 20D!
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473

    Nice job Bret! I love my 20D. I just ordered a 24-105mm IS 4.0L Lens and
    a 480EX Flash with a Gary Fong Diffuser for portrait type work. I hope
    I get a good copy of this lens......

    Tim

    Tim S., Dec 27, 2006

  3. In article <>, "Tim S." <>
    wrote:

    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > > Dare to be different with the 20D!
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473
    > >

    > Nice job Bret! I love my 20D. I just ordered a 24-105mm IS 4.0L Lens and
    > a 480EX Flash with a Gary Fong Diffuser for portrait type work. I hope
    > I get a good copy of this lens......
    >
    > Tim

    Get it from Adorama and you can return it if not satisfied.

    carrying a cross."
    Sinclair Lewis

    Ockham's Razor, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Annika1980

    Tim S. Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > In article <>, "Tim S." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Annika1980 wrote:
    >>> Dare to be different with the 20D!
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473
    >>>

    >> Nice job Bret! I love my 20D. I just ordered a 24-105mm IS 4.0L Lens and
    >> a 480EX Flash with a Gary Fong Diffuser for portrait type work. I hope
    >> I get a good copy of this lens......
    >>
    >> Tim

    > Get it from Adorama and you can return it if not satisfied.

    Ordered it from B&H Photo. They have always been good from the dealings
    I've had with them. But your right I have always heard good things about
    Adorama also. Just never had the chance to personally deal with them.
    But thank you for the heads up....

    Tim

    Tim S., Dec 27, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    frodo Guest

    On Dec 27, 1:10 am, "Tim S." <> wrote:

    > I just ordered a 24-105mm IS 4.0L Lens and
    > a 480EX Flash

    You meant 430EX or 580EX? I bet it's 430EX

    frodo, Dec 27, 2006
  6. Annika1980

    gpaleo Guest

    Very nice, Brett

    gpaleo, Dec 27, 2006
  7. Annika1980

    Tim S. Guest

    frodo wrote:
    > On Dec 27, 1:10 am, "Tim S." <> wrote:
    >
    >> I just ordered a 24-105mm IS 4.0L Lens and
    >> a 480EX Flash

    > You meant 430EX or 580EX? I bet it's 430EX

    My bad, it's a 580EX

    Tim S., Dec 27, 2006
  8. Annika1980

    timeOday Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Dare to be different with the 20D!
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473

    I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a blurb
    for your camera? You would get similarly good results with any number
    of different cameras. I'm not accusing you of being a shill, it's just
    a question.

    timeOday, Dec 27, 2006
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    timeOday wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > > Dare to be different with the 20D!
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473
    > >

    > I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a blurb
    > for your camera? You would get similarly good results with any number
    > of different cameras.

    Nonsense! It's a kind of magic.

    Annika1980, Dec 27, 2006
  10. Annika1980

    Frank ess Guest

    timeOday wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >> Dare to be different with the 20D!
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473
    >>

    > I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a
    > blurb for your camera? You would get similarly good results with
    > any
    > number of different cameras. I'm not accusing you of being a shill,
    > it's just a question.

    Why is the answer important to you?

    I ask because if no one replies to Brett's answer to you, I won't see
    it, and I wonder why anyone is interested in anything about Brett
    other than the (sometimes) excellent pictures he shows.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Dec 27, 2006
  11. Annika1980

    pboud Guest

    Frank ess wrote:
    > timeOday wrote:
    >> Annika1980 wrote:
    >>> Dare to be different with the 20D!
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473
    >>>

    >> I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a
    >> blurb for your camera? You would get similarly good results with any
    >> number of different cameras. I'm not accusing you of being a shill,
    >> it's just a question.

    > Why is the answer important to you?
    >
    > I ask because if no one replies to Brett's answer to you, I won't see
    > it, and I wonder why anyone is interested in anything about Brett other
    > than the (sometimes) excellent pictures he shows.

    That pic screams "I gotta be me!!"..

    :D
    P.

    pboud, Dec 27, 2006
  12. Annika1980

    timeOday Guest

    Frank ess wrote:
    > timeOday wrote:
    >
    >> Annika1980 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dare to be different with the 20D!
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/72185473
    >>>

    >> I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a
    >> blurb for your camera? You would get similarly good results with any
    >> number of different cameras. I'm not accusing you of being a shill,
    >> it's just a question.

    > Why is the answer important to you?

    Why do you care why I care what Annika1980 thinks :)

    I just find it a little odd to give so much credit to the camera, since
    it is IMHO misplaced. And yet he's not just a techno-fetishist, since
    he has a new batch of nice photos to show off nearly every day.

    timeOday, Dec 27, 2006
  13. Annika1980

    Frank ess Guest

    timeOday wrote:
    > Frank ess wrote:
    >> timeOday wrote:

    >>> I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a
    >>> blurb for your camera? You would get similarly good results with
    >>> any number of different cameras. I'm not accusing you of being a
    >>> shill, it's just a question.

    >> Why is the answer important to you?

    > Why do you care why I care what Annika1980 thinks :)

    "I ask because if no one replies to Brett's answer to you, I won't see
    it, and I wonder why anyone is interested in anything about Brett
    other than the (sometimes) excellent pictures he shows."

    Perhaps if I repeat it you will read it Or at least pretend you did.:
    "I ask because if no one replies to Brett's answer to you, I won't see
    it, and I wonder why anyone is interested in anything about Brett
    other than the (sometimes) excellent pictures he shows."

    > I just find it a little odd to give so much credit to the camera,
    > since it is IMHO misplaced. And yet he's not just a
    > techno-fetishist, since he has a new batch of nice photos to show
    > off
    > nearly every day.

    So, your answer to "Why is the answer important to you?" is ... ?

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Dec 27, 2006
  14. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    timeOday wrote:
    > Frank ess wrote:
    >> timeOday wrote:

    >>> I like your pictures, but why do you put everything in terms of a
    >>> blurb for your camera? You would get similarly good results with any
    >>> number of different cameras. I'm not accusing you of being a shill,
    >>> it's just a question.

    >> Why is the answer important to you?

    > Why do you care why I care what Annika1980 thinks :)
    >
    > I just find it a little odd to give so much credit to the camera, since
    > it is IMHO misplaced. And yet he's not just a techno-fetishist, since
    > he has a new batch of nice photos to show off nearly every day.

    Whazza madda, didja wake up in a wet spot this morning?

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Dec 27, 2006