    replacement.

    Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 - 10D
    Morris Smith, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Morris Smith

    Mark M Guest

    "Morris Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:cf286n$c5q$...
    > Yup
    >
    > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much for
    > me!
    >
    > Canon will not be using the current 8MP 1DmkII digic2 sensor in the 10
    > replacement.
    >
    > Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    > annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 - 10D

    Source please.
    Mark M, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Morris Smith

    Morris Smith Guest

    "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > "Morris Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > Yup
    > >
    > > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much

    for
    > > me!
    > >
    > > Canon will not be using the current 8MP 1DmkII digic2 sensor in the 10
    > > replacement.
    > >
    > > Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    > > annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 -

    10D

    > Source please.

    As you can see im posting from singapore. They can trace me back using my
    news server.

    Be glad you heard it here first.
    Morris Smith, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Morris Smith

    G. Innipig Guest

    > Yup
    >
    > I couldnt beleive it either.....

    And how do you expect *us* to believe it without some form of attribution
    please?
    G. Innipig, Aug 7, 2004
  5. "Morris Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Yup
    >
    > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much for
    > me!
    >
    > Canon will not be using the current 8MP 1DmkII digic2 sensor in the 10
    > replacement.
    >
    > Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    > annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 - 10D

    Well if they have a line-up that looks like:

    1Ds: $7000
    1D Mark II $4000
    3D: $2500
    10D Mark II: $1500
    10D: $1000
    300D: $750

    then it'd be okay. Too bad that to get a decent crop factor you've gotta
    spend that much, but it's very difficult to fabricate the larger sensors.
    Canon is still far ahead of Nikon, as well as the second tier
    (Konica/Minolta, Pentax, Olympus) and the third tier, Sigma.
    Steven M. Scharf, Aug 7, 2004
  6. Morris Smith

    G. Innipig Guest

    > As you can see im posting from singapore. They can trace me back using my
    > news server.

    And? So?

    Troll.
    G. Innipig, Aug 7, 2004
  7. Morris Smith

    > "Mark M" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Morris Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > > Yup
    > > >
    > > > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much

    > for
    > > > me!
    > > >
    > > > Canon will not be using the current 8MP 1DmkII digic2 sensor in the 10
    > > > replacement.
    > > >
    > > > Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    > > > annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 -

    > 10D
    > >
    > > Source please.
    > >

    > As you can see im posting from singapore. They can trace me back using my
    > news server.
    >
    > Be glad you heard it here first.

    Was that supposed to be an answer?
    Mark M, Aug 7, 2004
  8. Morris Smith

    david smith Guest

    david smith, Aug 8, 2004
  9. That's like my cousin's friend's neighbour heard from the waitress at the
    dinner in Boise, who overheard ....

    hardly reliable...

    > > And? So?
    > >
    > > Troll.

    > You are the troll yourself..dont scare away people with genuine info
    >
    > Check on the dpreview forum,
    > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=9806702
    >
    > someone stateside has already confirmed what the person from singapore has

    stated.

    Darrell Larose, Aug 8, 2004
  10. Morris Smith

    G. Innipig Guest

    > > And? So?
    > >
    > > Troll.

    > You are the troll yourself..dont scare away people with genuine info

    Ah, right. So giving genuine info, ie, calling him a troll, scared him away
    did it? I see. Thank you.
    G. Innipig, Aug 9, 2004
  11. Morris Smith

    david smith Guest

    "G. Innipig" <> wrote in message news:4117d8a7$0$20246$...

    > "david smith" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "G. Innipig" <> wrote in message

    > > > And? So?
    > > >
    > > > Troll.

    > > You are the troll yourself..dont scare away people with genuine info
    > >

    > Ah, right. So giving genuine info, ie, calling him a troll, scared him away
    > did it? I see. Thank you.

    Look at the sentance again...you misread it, or just tried to twist it around.

    What a peon you are. Fact.

    Like the 2 different posts from 2 parts of the world reported the $3000 3D. Fact.
    david smith, Aug 10, 2004
  12. Morris Smith

    G. Innipig Guest

    > > Ah, right. So giving genuine info, ie, calling him a troll, scared him

    away
    > > did it? I see. Thank you.

    > Look at the sentance again...you misread it, or just tried to twist it

    around.

    Sentance? What's one of those? I wonder if by any chance you meant sentence?

    > What a peon you are. Fact.

    I'll have you know I've never set foot in Mexico. Fact.

    > Like the 2 different posts from 2 parts of the world reported the $3000

    3D. Fact.

    Like the two different sentences which follow, each of which has good advice
    for you - fact.
    **** off.
    Bugger off.
    G. Innipig, Aug 10, 2004
  13. Morris Smith

    david smith Guest

    "G. Innipig" <> wrote in message news:41193af7$0$20252$...

    > Sentance? What's one of those? I wonder if by any chance you meant sentence?

    wat a hero. try correntng spellin mishtakes in a post....you r a secretary right?

    > **** off.
    > Bugger off.

    .....resorts to swearing as he cant dispute the fact of the 2 different posters in Asia and USA.

    Gordon you are a simple foul mouth insulting usenet abuser, that has nothing to contribute.

    You will have shit on your face when the full frame 3D comes out.
    david smith, Aug 11, 2004
  14. Morris Smith

    G. Innipig Guest

    > > Sentance? What's one of those? I wonder if by any chance you meant

    sentence?

    > wat a hero. try correntng spellin mishtakes in a post....you r a secretary

    right?

    Nah, just someone who had the luxury of an education - unlike you
    apparently.

    > > **** off.
    > > Bugger off.

    > ....resorts to swearing as he cant dispute the fact of the 2 different

    posters in Asia and USA.

    > Gordon you are a simple foul mouth insulting usenet abuser, that has

    nothing to contribute.

    > You will have shit on your face when the full frame 3D comes out.

    You have the wrong chap my friend. I am no Gordon, and I have no idea what
    you are talking about with respect to 3D.
    You talk of my foul mouth and in your next sentence use the word shit? Not
    only are you uneducated but hypocritical.
    This pleasant conversation ends right ----->here
    G. Innipig, Aug 11, 2004
  15. Morris Smith

    david smith Guest

    "G. Innipig" <> wrote in message news:411a8eea$0$20251$...

    > Nah, just someone who had the luxury of an education - unlike you
    > apparently.

    Oh dear, another insult, this time at my education,
    What are you doing in this thread if not:

    1. commenting on people's education
    2. calling people trolls
    3. telling people to f*** off

    Sounds like you are the very definition of a troll yourself.

    Grow up

    > I have no idea

    Thats a fact, not disputing this.

    > This pleasant conversation ends right ----->here

    Oh running away are you?
    david smith, Aug 12, 2004
  16. Morris Smith

    Skip M Guest

    > Yup
    >
    > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much for
    > me!
    >
    > Canon will not be using the current 8MP 1DmkII digic2 sensor in the 10
    > replacement.
    >
    > Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    > annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 - 10D

    From what I've heard, this camera is a year out, probably PMA at the
    earliest.
    Just because there's a rumor of an 11mp camera at $3000, there's no
    exclusion of a less expensive 8mp camera...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Aug 12, 2004
  17. "Morris Smith" <> wrote in message news:<cf286n$c5q$>...
    > Yup
    >
    > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much for
    > me!

    The 1Ds sensor is too old and way too noisy for serious pro
    consideration today... http://www.pbase.com/image/32014486/original

    > Canon will not be using the current 8MP 1DmkII digic2 sensor in the 10
    > replacement.
    >
    > Instead they will be releasing a 1.6x 8MP with higher buffer....this
    > annoucement is really lame, considering the jump from the d30 - d60 - 10D

    The 10D isn't much of a jump from the D60, both are poor DSLRs by any
    objective measure (blurry, low MP 0.35u CMOS). The D60 can usually
    focus, though.

    Let's hope Canon introduces a modern CMOS instead of the early 1990's
    vintage 0.35u to 0.5u stuff they've been building so far. They really
    need to invest in an all new chip fabrication facility.
    Georgette Preddy, Aug 13, 2004
  18. "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    >The 1Ds sensor is too old and way too noisy for serious
    >pro consideration today...
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/32014486/original

    So you still didn't figure out, clueless as ever, that the samples
    need to be scaled for Field of View, if they are to be compared
    visually. And I wouldn't call the noise suppression done in Sigma's
    Raw converter software (the other cameras produce JPEGs right from the
    camera) a benefit, but a necessity due to the Sigma's low channel
    separation.
    You are as usual comparing apples and oranges and you don't have a
    clue as to the difference. You apparently just have to troll because
    of your mental condition. Sad.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 13, 2004
  19. Morris Smith

    Crownfield Guest

    Georgette Preddy wrote:

    > "Morris Smith" <> wrote in message news:<cf286n$c5q$>...
    > > Yup
    > >
    > > I couldnt beleive it either.....though $3,000 is still a bit too much for
    > > me!

    > The 1Ds sensor is too old and way too noisy for serious pro
    > consideration today... http://www.pbase.com/image/32014486/original

    which amkes the fact that pros love it all the more remarkable.

    Crownfield, Aug 13, 2004
  20. "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message news:<411ce964$0$49711$4all.nl>...
    > "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    > >The 1Ds sensor is too old and way too noisy for serious
    > >pro consideration today...
    > >http://www.pbase.com/image/32014486/original

    > So you still didn't figure out, clueless as ever, that the samples
    > need to be scaled for Field of View

    They are already. All are from the exact same image composition.
    Georgette Preddy, Aug 14, 2004