  1. Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    links...

    Georgette Preddy, May 22, 2004

  2. Georgette Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:

    >Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    >$8000, 11MP mo[*SLAP!*]

    That's because there is no camera on the planet that fits your bizarre
    description.

    Are you ever going to show us one of these photos you lied about
    selling?

    Lionel, May 22, 2004

  3. Georgette Preddy

    bagal Guest

    Lionel - I do admire your tenacity

    I wonder if you may direct me to a truly independent digital camera review
    site

    das bagal schrieben

    bagal, May 22, 2004
  4. Georgette Preddy

    Paul Howland Guest

    Georgette Preddy wrote:

    > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    > links...

    Not 'til you post your own links Georgy boy.

    Paul Howland, May 22, 2004
  5. Georgette Preddy

    JohnJ Guest

    To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.

    JohnJ, May 22, 2004
  6. Georgette Preddy

    Jim Davis Guest

    On 22 May 2004 13:40:34 -0700, (Georgette
    Preddy) wrote/replied to:

    >Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    >$8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    >links...

    plonk

    Jim Davis, May 23, 2004
  7. JohnJ <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    > postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    > he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    > extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.
    >
    > Georgette Preddy wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    > > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    > > links...

    No links!

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004
  8. JohnJ <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    > postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    > he, for some reason

    [monochrome MPs]

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004
  9. (Georgette Preddy) writes:
    >Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    >$8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs?

    Correction: it's 11 MP of luminance information, whether the input is
    a colour image or B&W, and whether the output is colour or B&W.

    The *only* time you won't get that luminance information is when the
    subject doesn't have any luminance information, such as the red-blue
    saturated colour test patterns that someone used to explore Bayer
    sensors at their weakest. Fortunately, this never happens in real
    images. There is always significant luminance detail.

    And 11 MP of luminance is a whole lot more than the 3.4 MP maximum
    luminance information from any of the Sigma cameras.

    The 1Ds colour-only resolution is a factor of 2 less. But this is not
    the resolution for colour images, it's the resolution for the *colour
    differences* once luminance has been removed. Even for very colourful
    images, luminance resolution is much more important than colour
    resolution.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, May 23, 2004
  10. Georgette Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:

    >JohnJ <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    >> postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    >> he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    >> extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.
    >>
    >> Georgette Preddy wrote:
    >>
    >> > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    >> > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    >> > links...

    >No [*SLAP!*]

    ....brains.

    We're still waiting to see your photos, Preddiot.

    Lionel, May 23, 2004
  11. Georgette Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:

    >JohnJ <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    >> postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    >> he, for some reason

    >[monoch[*SLAP!*]

    Where are your photos, Preddiot?

    Lionel, May 23, 2004
  12. (Dave Martindale) wrote in message news:<c8p4fl$asi$>...
    > (Georgette Preddy) writes:
    > >Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    > >$8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs?

    > Correction: it's 11 MP of luminance information, whether the input is
    > a colour image or B&W, and whether the output is colour or B&W.

    That's 11MP monochrome, before they are combined using a moisaic
    filter to simulate a color sensor.

    > The *only* time you won't get that luminance information is when the
    > subject doesn't have any luminance information, such as the red-blue
    > saturated colour test patterns that someone used to explore Bayer
    > sensors at their weakest.

    Red and Blue don't matter, of course. Only Green matters.

    > Fortunately, this never happens in real
    > images. There is always significant luminance detail.

    They are all 100% Green, we know.

    > And 11 MP of luminance is a whole lot more than the 3.4 MP maximum
    > luminance information from any of the Sigma cameras.

    Luninace requires R+G+B, and all measured at the same, precise
    location. Canon only measures luminance in 3rds, then throws out 1
    per 4 during color interpolation, and 75% of the data is sensed at
    locations other than the final presentation, making the image terribly
    blurred.

    > The 1Ds colour-only resolution is a factor of 2 less. But this is not
    > the resolution for colour images, it's the resolution for the *colour
    > differences* once luminance has been removed. Even for very colourful
    > images, luminance resolution is much more important than colour
    > resolution.

    The $8000(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Canon 1Ds can sense 2.7M full color
    pixels (including shades of gray, which require complete RGB), or 11M
    monochrome pixels (if 2 color B&W). That's all she can do. Nothin'
    else is there.

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004
  13. Georgette Preddy

    ferret Guest

    George,

    You are letting your arse do the talking again

    ferret, May 23, 2004
  14. Georgette Preddy

    JohnJ Guest

    <snip>

    JohnJ, May 23, 2004
  15. (Georgette Preddy) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    > links...

    This thing is supposedly Canon's flagship and no one, not even raving
    Canon fanantics, can find a single good sharp full size picture from
    it. How odd??

    Oh wait... I found one!

    http://www.pbase.com/image/15423044/original

    Simply gorgeous! It puts this non-interpolated Sigma image to
    shame...

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Images/sd9samples/IMG05380.jpg

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004
  16. Georgette Preddy

    JohnJ Guest

    JohnJ, May 23, 2004

    > > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    > > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    > > links...

    > This thing is supposedly Canon's flagship and no one, not even raving
    > Canon fanantics, can find a single good sharp full size picture from
    > it. How odd??

    Indeed, your memory must be also failing you:
    <http://www.photographersportfolio.com/canon_samples/bigimages/1DS_000_2.jpg

    I'd agree it needs a bit of sharpening, if this were the final display size.

    > Oh wait... I found one!
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/15423044/original

    How cute, 'Preddy' also doesn't understand the difference between operator
    error and equipment limitations.

    > Simply gorgeous! It puts this non-interpolated Sigma image to
    > shame...
    >
    >http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Images/sd9samples/IMG05380.jpg

    Indeed, jaundice is a trademark of the Sigmas, especially the SD-9.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, May 23, 2004
  18. Georgette Preddy

    Crownfield Guest

    Georgette Preddy wrote:

    > (Georgette Preddy) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
    > > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
    > > links...

    > This thing is supposedly Canon's flagship and no one, not even raving
    > Canon fanantics, can find a single good sharp full size picture from
    > it. How odd??
    >
    > Oh wait... I found one!

    georgie, if you had any class, you would be embarrassed.

    Crownfield, May 23, 2004
  19. Again George is comparing a out-of focus grab shot with a yellow skinned
    studio shot.

    Anti Spam & Uncle Lart, May 23, 2004
  20. "Anti Spam & Uncle Lart" <> wrote in message news:<U79sc.129026$>...
    > Again George is comparing a out-of focus

    Its perfectly focused, the camera is just way blurry.

    > grab shot with a yellow skinned
    > studio shot.

    The SDs are RAW shooters, you do realize that color is never set, right?

    Georgette Preddy, May 24, 2004