Thanks !

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by No One, Apr 12, 2008.

  1. No One

    No One Guest

    Thanks for the advice ! As I have not been in the Security arena per
    se, it can be a challenge finding links, resources, etc. I wrote Shon
    Harris & she was kind enough to reply :

    The SSCP is really CISSP’s little brother. These are the exact words
    from (ISC)2, although most sales people will not tell you this because
    they want you to go and pay for their class.

    SSCP is just 7 domains out of the 10 CISSP domains. (ISC)2 has tried
    to say for years that it is more technical and practical, but I have
    been in this business too long and I know all the certs very well.

    We get a lot of request for specific SSCP material, so we are
    currently updating our website to indicate that our CISSP material is
    more than what you need. Just don’t study the extra 3 domains. Plus
    this approach will allow you to pass the CISSP more easily when you
    are ready.

    You should get the book and video and after each domain, go back to
    (ISC)2’s SSCP study guide (or list of topics) and make sure you
    understand each topic. Note that some topics may be in a different
    domain, so don’t get frustrated, just put an x by a topic that may not
    have been covered in one domain and it will be covered in another
    domain.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks

    shon