    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/18/2007 9:56:17 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Old Gringo

    philo Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    > was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    Well between the two of us...are you saying there's only one kook then ??
    <G>
    philo, Aug 18, 2007

  3. Old Gringo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:33:14 -0500, philo wrote:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    >> was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    > Well between the two of us...are you saying there's only one kook then ??
    > <G>

    I think it's more like two out of three and guess what, it aint me :)
    Meat Plow, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:51:16 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Meat Plow Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:33:14 -0500, philo wrote:
    >

    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    >>> was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    >> Well between the two of us...are you saying there's only one kook then ??
    >> <G>

    > I think it's more like two out of three and guess what, it aint me :)

    <g> Not sure if I can eliminate myself.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/18/2007 10:59:54 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 18, 2007
  5. Old Gringo wrote:
    > Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    > was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    So considering you and me, one of us must be......hey, it sure isn't
    *me*. ;)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 18, 2007
  6. Old Gringo

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Old Gringo added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...

    > Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking
    > there was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in
    > every Two. <g>

    I won't dispute anyone's number on kooks! But, I'll observe this:

    in any kind of "straw poll" where some trend is attempted to be
    gleaned, it always fails compared to a scientific survey because
    only two kinds of people respond to a straw poll, those strong in
    favor and those strongly opposed. Worse, straw polls, and
    "questions of the day" from the talk shows, suffer from people
    trying to skew the results by calling in/voting on the opposite
    side from what they really think. I saw this in the Iowa Straw Poll
    for the Republican candidates. Democrats actually identified
    themselves as such, then voted for the extremists, like Dr. Paul,
    so as to disrupt and distort the true results.

    The above is a metaphor/analogy to why trying to make a judgment on
    how many nuts there may be broadly in the population vs the nuts on
    Usenet. ANY definition of "nut" will do, I don't care. The
    relationship to a straw poll, though is this: only people on one
    side or the other in any argument or controversy will post.
    President Nixon defined "The Great Silent Majority" to mean those
    who supported him but weren't vocal.Well, lurkers on Usenet are
    exactly the same. So what ANY of us see are people posting, just as
    I am now, because a particular subject/thread attracts them.

    I don't know the number of kooks, the number of normal people
    (whatever that is, also!) or the number of lurkers, and I never
    will know.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry
    HEMI-Powered, Aug 18, 2007
  7. Old Gringo

    Tester Guest

    Tester, Aug 18, 2007
  8. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 18 Aug 2007 16:11:45 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    >> was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    > So considering you and me, one of us must be......hey, it sure isn't
    > *me*. ;)

    Well out of the first 2 replies directed to me, You're #2, and it's
    definitely not philo. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/18/2007 8:09:59 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 19, 2007
  9. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:30:16 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, HEMI-Powered Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Old Gringo added these comments in the current discussion du
    > jour ...
    >
    >> Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking
    >> there was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in
    >> every Two. <g>

    > I won't dispute anyone's number on kooks! But, I'll observe this:
    >
    > in any kind of "straw poll" where some trend is attempted to be
    > gleaned, it always fails compared to a scientific survey because
    > only two kinds of people respond to a straw poll, those strong in
    > favor and those strongly opposed. Worse, straw polls, and
    > "questions of the day" from the talk shows, suffer from people
    > trying to skew the results by calling in/voting on the opposite
    > side from what they really think. I saw this in the Iowa Straw Poll
    > for the Republican candidates. Democrats actually identified
    > themselves as such, then voted for the extremists, like Dr. Paul,
    > so as to disrupt and distort the true results.
    >
    > The above is a metaphor/analogy to why trying to make a judgment on
    > how many nuts there may be broadly in the population vs the nuts on
    > Usenet. ANY definition of "nut" will do, I don't care. The
    > relationship to a straw poll, though is this: only people on one
    > side or the other in any argument or controversy will post.
    > President Nixon defined "The Great Silent Majority" to mean those
    > who supported him but weren't vocal.Well, lurkers on Usenet are
    > exactly the same. So what ANY of us see are people posting, just as
    > I am now, because a particular subject/thread attracts them.
    >
    > I don't know the number of kooks, the number of normal people
    > (whatever that is, also!) or the number of lurkers, and I never
    > will know.

    :) Very well said. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/18/2007 8:14:34 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 19, 2007
  10. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:51:52 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Tester Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:59:09 -0500, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    >>was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    > http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/parents.html~content

    Fun.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/18/2007 8:19:55 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 19, 2007
  11. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:59:09 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Old Gringo Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    > was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    I would exclude most all here having fun at USENET.
    I suppose I should have used the Weirdo,
    deranged, potentially dangerous person.

    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/18/2007 8:26:33 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 19, 2007
  12. Old Gringo

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    > was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    Damn! I came to the EXACT SAME conclusion!!

    So.... it's either you. Or me....
    DemoDisk, Aug 19, 2007
  13. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 18 Aug 2007 23:09:44 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, DemoDisk Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks to the Internet, I have changed my mind about thinking there
    >> was a KOOK in every hundred or so people, to One in every Two. <g>

    > Damn! I came to the EXACT SAME conclusion!!
    >
    > So.... it's either you. Or me....

    LMAO don't get too close to anyone these days.
    Spamers, telemarketers, and Jehovah witness, and the list goes on and
    on. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest