    His price was the going rate that the responsible online stores were selling
    the 20D for so I stuck to buying local and saving the shipping cost.
    Happy New Year to all.

    JRYezierski, Dec 30, 2005

  2. JRYezierski

    LoLo Guest

    "JRYezierski" <> wrote in message
    news:hFetf.775$...
    > Thanks to all who answered about Royal Camera.
    > Ended up buying from a old time camera shop a few miles away from home.
    > His price was the going rate that the responsible online stores were
    > selling the 20D for so I stuck to buying local and saving the shipping
    > cost.
    > Happy New Year to all.

    I think I beat your deal - got Dell Computer to match the Royal Camera price
    within $25 for the D50 Kit.
    Wow - total was $510 + $8 shipping -- Newegg sent me an email ad today
    offering it for $730.99.

    Ordered Dec 24 in the evening - had it in hand Dec 28 morning.

    LoLo, Dec 31, 2005

  3. JRYezierski

    george Guest

    "LoLo" <> wrote in message

    > I think I beat your deal - got Dell Computer to match the Royal Camera
    > price within $25 for the D50 Kit.
    > Wow - total was $510 + $8 shipping -- Newegg sent me an email ad today
    > offering it for $730.99.
    >
    > Ordered Dec 24 in the evening - had it in hand Dec 28 morning.

    Did you get a Nikon USA warranty with that?

    george, Dec 31, 2005
  4. JRYezierski

    LoLo Guest

    Yes - got the standard Nikon warranty booklet with the Nikon repair centers
    listed on the back.

    The deal just keeps getting better - I ordered a 256mb SD card along with
    the camera for $32.
    Never opened it, instead went to Best Buy and got a 1Gb card for $50 (after
    rebate).

    Asked Dell if I could return the unopened 256 SD, less shipping and the 15%
    restocking fee. Dell ran a credit through on my AMEX card for $40 (that
    includes the shipping) -- and said for me to keep the card.

    I wonder if Dell will simply replicate my camera and card order times 100 ?
    Not likely but would turn me into a successful ebay seller in a hurry.

    LoLo, Dec 31, 2005