    Is thwe are Formula One Group

    Ciao
    waituke
    waituke, Mar 12, 2006

  2. waituke

    Rider Guest

    > Good now its on Sky

    Yes ... I'm sure the people without Sky think that as well.

    Rider
    Rider, Mar 12, 2006

  3. waituke

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Rider wrote:
    >> Good now its on Sky

    > Yes ... I'm sure the people without Sky think that as well.

    I'm one of them. Not happy.

    The way I look at it, I could spend the money I would otherwise have
    spent on Sky, on ADSL,; and get a helluva lot more value out of that.

    But - where's the F1 torrents? I'm surprised that although a heap of
    people will download Lost, nobody seems interested in F1. Heck, Bernie
    could package up F1 as a torrent with a heap of advertising in it, and
    I'd still download it. I'd even pay.
    -=rjh=-, Mar 12, 2006
  4. waituke

    Phstpok Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > But - where's the F1 torrents? I'm surprised that although a heap of
    > people will download Lost, nobody seems interested in F1. Heck, Bernie
    > could package up F1 as a torrent with a heap of advertising in it, and
    > I'd still download it. I'd even pay.

    Only if Bernie could control the speed, make you buy a certain brand of
    modem, run at a randomly selected vcore, cap your memory etc etc. Bernie
    likes nothing if not control.

    Rob
    Phstpok, Mar 12, 2006
  5. waituke

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    > >> Good now its on Sky

    > > Yes ... I'm sure the people without Sky think that as well.

    > I'm one of them. Not happy.
    >
    > The way I look at it, I could spend the money I would otherwise have
    > spent on Sky, on ADSL,; and get a helluva lot more value out of that.
    >
    > But - where's the F1 torrents? I'm surprised that although a heap of
    > people will download Lost, nobody seems interested in F1. Heck, Bernie
    > could package up F1 as a torrent with a heap of advertising in it, and
    > I'd still download it. I'd even pay.

    http://www.newnova.org/list_news.html

    First one and also super14 I saw here lastnight
    Craig Sutton, Mar 12, 2006
  6. waituke wrote:
    > Thanks for times
    > Good now its on Sky
    > Pity for kimi Raikkonen I presume it was suspension
    > Is thwe are Formula One Group
    >
    > Ciao
    > waituke

    Yep over in nz.rec, where I and several oher NZ regulars post in the leadup and
    during each race

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Mar 12, 2006
  7. waituke

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:46:29 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote:

    >waituke wrote:
    >> Thanks for times
    >> Good now its on Sky
    >> Pity for kimi Raikkonen I presume it was suspension
    >> Is thwe are Formula One Group
    >>
    >> Ciao
    >> waituke

    >Yep over in nz.rec, where I and several oher NZ regulars post in the leadup and
    >during each race

    You take time to post while the race is going? Oh, add breaks? But
    do they have them on Sky?
    GraB, Mar 12, 2006
  8. GraB wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:46:29 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> waituke wrote:
    >>> Thanks for times
    >>> Good now its on Sky
    >>> Pity for kimi Raikkonen I presume it was suspension
    >>> Is thwe are Formula One Group
    >>>
    >>> Ciao
    >>> waituke

    >> Yep over in nz.rec, where I and several oher NZ regulars post in the leadup and
    >> during each race

    > You take time to post while the race is going? Oh, add breaks? But
    > do they have them on Sky?

    Even in F1 there are times of slack activity, I have the PC running because I
    also follow the Live Timing on the net at the same time (My justification for
    posting an intial thread on nz.comp :cool:

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Mar 12, 2006
  9. -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Rider wrote:
    >>> Good now its on Sky

    >> Yes ... I'm sure the people without Sky think that as well.

    > I'm one of them. Not happy.
    >
    > The way I look at it, I could spend the money I would otherwise have
    > spent on Sky, on ADSL,; and get a helluva lot more value out of that.
    >
    > But - where's the F1 torrents? I'm surprised that although a heap of
    > people will download Lost, nobody seems interested in F1. Heck, Bernie
    > could package up F1 as a torrent with a heap of advertising in it, and
    > I'd still download it. I'd even pay.

    I'm hoping that the F1 will show up at the torrent sites in the 24 hours
    after the race(s).

    Really hoping. If you find a source for them pls let me know, I'll do
    likewise, in the other group.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)
    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 12, 2006
  10. waituke

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Shaun (~misfit~)" <> wrote in message
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Yes ... I'm sure the people without Sky think that as well.

    > > I'm one of them. Not happy.
    > >
    > > The way I look at it, I could spend the money I would otherwise have
    > > spent on Sky, on ADSL,; and get a helluva lot more value out of that.
    > >
    > > But - where's the F1 torrents? I'm surprised that although a heap of
    > > people will download Lost, nobody seems interested in F1. Heck, Bernie
    > > could package up F1 as a torrent with a heap of advertising in it, and
    > > I'd still download it. I'd even pay.

    > I'm hoping that the F1 will show up at the torrent sites in the 24 hours
    > after the race(s).
    >
    > Really hoping. If you find a source for them pls let me know, I'll do
    > likewise, in the other group.
    > --
    > Shaun (~misfit~)

    It was on the link i posted 10 mins after the race finished...same with the
    super14
    Craig Sutton, Mar 12, 2006
  11. Craig Sutton wrote:
    > "Shaun (~misfit~)" <> wrote in message
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:

    >>> I'm one of them. Not happy.
    >>>
    >>> The way I look at it, I could spend the money I would otherwise have
    >>> spent on Sky, on ADSL,; and get a helluva lot more value out of
    >>> that.
    >>>
    >>> But - where's the F1 torrents? I'm surprised that although a heap of
    >>> people will download Lost, nobody seems interested in F1. Heck,
    >>> Bernie could package up F1 as a torrent with a heap of advertising
    >>> in it, and I'd still download it. I'd even pay.

    >> I'm hoping that the F1 will show up at the torrent sites in the 24
    >> hours after the race(s).
    >>
    >> Really hoping. If you find a source for them pls let me know, I'll do
    >> likewise, in the other group.
    >> --
    >> Shaun (~misfit~)
    >>

    > It was on the link i posted 10 mins after the race finished...same
    > with the super14

    I can't get anything on that link, same with others (as mentioned in nz.rec)
    I've tried Firefox and IE.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)
    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 13, 2006
  12. waituke

    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    > > "Shaun (~misfit~)" <> wrote in message

    > >> I'm hoping that the F1 will show up at the torrent sites in the 24
    > >> hours after the race(s).
    > >>
    > >> Really hoping. If you find a source for them pls let me know, I'll do
    > >> likewise, in the other group.
    > >> --
    > >> Shaun (~misfit~)
    > >>

    > > It was on the link i posted 10 mins after the race finished...same
    > > with the super14

    > I can't get anything on that link, same with others (as mentioned in

    nz.rec)
    > I've tried Firefox and IE.
    > --

    Yeah seems to be really slow
    Craig Sutton, Mar 13, 2006
  13. Craig Sutton wrote:
    > "Shaun (~misfit~)" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>> "Shaun (~misfit~)" <> wrote in message

    >>> It was on the link i posted 10 mins after the race finished...same
    >>> with the super14

    >> I can't get anything on that link, same with others (as mentioned in

    > nz.rec)
    >> I've tried Firefox and IE.
    >> --

    > Yeah seems to be really slow

    1 seed so far

    http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=f1

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Mar 13, 2006
  14. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    >> "Shaun (~misfit~)" <> wrote in message

    >>> I can't get anything on that link, same with others (as mentioned
    >>> in nz.rec) I've tried Firefox and IE.
    >>> --

    >> Yeah seems to be really slow
    >>

    > 1 seed so far
    >
    > http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=f1

    150+ seeds now. Better than the one I've spent all day trying to download
    and that one was started earlier. Obviously the originator has some decent
    upwards bandwidth (Obviously not in NZ). I just terminated the other torrent
    and jumped on that one.

    I was going to search again tonite anyway.

    Nice chatting to you,
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)
    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 13, 2006
  15. waituke

    EMB Guest

    Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:

    > Nice chatting to you,

    Always good to chat to Collector. When you heading up my way to pick up
    the bits and bobs I have for you Shaun?

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Mar 13, 2006
  16. EMB wrote:
    > Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:
    >
    >> Nice chatting to you,

    > Always good to chat to Collector. When you heading up my way to pick
    > up the bits and bobs I have for you Shaun?

    Indeed.

    I'm not sure when I'll be heading that way next. I haven't been travelling
    much due to the price of petrol and the cost of living. :p

    I'll drop you a line when I can make it up your way, it'd be good to catch
    up with you. :)

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)
    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 13, 2006
  17. Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >> Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nice chatting to you,

    >> Always good to chat to Collector. When you heading up my way to pick
    >> up the bits and bobs I have for you Shaun?

    > Indeed.
    >
    > I'm not sure when I'll be heading that way next. I haven't been
    > travelling much due to the price of petrol and the cost of living. :p
    >
    > I'll drop you a line when I can make it up your way, it'd be good to
    > catch up with you. :)

    Bloody hell. I nearly blew it there, was just getting ready to settle in and
    watch the A1GP and the commentator said "Next coverage of the A1 plus the
    F1". Damn!! Hit 'Record' and I'll have to find something to do until this F1
    torrent finishes downloading. I'll be annoyed if Actrix are still doing the
    2am re-set thing. That'll mean 4am+ before the torrent comes in.

    Actually, must ring them before midnite while the helpdesk is still open.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)
    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 13, 2006