Thanks for all the suggestion, purchased new camera today

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by James, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. I did some shopping last
    nite
    and this morning, and finally found a camera that I LOVE.. at least so
    far. The deciding factor was, of course, the big LCD, and the photos
    look great on my screen (I 'Photoshop' almost every pic I take). I'm a
    snapshot type, and I needed a camera that I can take with me
    everywhere, so a big DSLR was out of the question.

    I bought the Kyocera L4v, hadn't heard of it or of Kyocera cameras,
    but it seems durable, takes great pics, and the LCD is a dream (2.5")
    compared to most everything else out there in my price range. After I
    bought it I read online that short battery life was an issue, so we'll
    see. Anyway, this is the camera:
    http://www.kyoceraimaging.com/product.asp?itemnum=300200#

    Hope it holds up, I can be rough on cameras.

    Thanks again.

    Jim
    James, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Hi Jim,

    I am thinking about buying this camera also. Any updates on the
    battery life would surely be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jerry

    (James) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. I did some shopping last
    > nite
    > and this morning, and finally found a camera that I LOVE..

    <SNIP>
    Jerry Russell, Jan 30, 2004

  3. James

    James Guest

    (Jerry Russell) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > I am thinking about buying this camera also. Any updates on the
    > battery life would surely be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jerry

    Jerry,

    For the price, you don't have much to lose -- I bought mine for $225
    NIB.

    Battery Life: One of the deciding factor, aside from the huge
    (comparatively) LCD, was the option of using NiMh AA batteries. I have
    5 sets of 4 NiMh AA, which I can recharge whenever I need to, so when
    I venture out to shoot some photos, I just make sure I have two or
    three sets.

    The Kyocera takes 2 AAs, and I haven't really tested the longevity
    yet, but truthfully, it just doesn't matter! I just bring spares, and
    If I go through 6 sets of 2 AAs in a day at the park, shooting
    hundreds of pics, so what? I picked up some NEXcell AA NiMh2100 mAh
    batteries on ebay for a song, and they last a long time. If you use
    rechargeable NiMh batteries, battery life is moot, unless you do a lot
    of studio shooting, in which case you wouldn't be using a Kyocera
    anyway.

    Jim

    James, Feb 1, 2004