    I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
    then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
    way the whole things was handled by DSE.
    Donchano, Oct 7, 2009

  2. On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <>
    wrote in <news:>:

    > Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
    > was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
    > purchased at DSE.
    >
    > Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
    > neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
    > problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
    >
    > Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
    > and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
    >
    > I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
    > then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
    > way the whole things was handled by DSE.

    It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
    manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
    wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 7, 2009

  3. Donchano

    Rhino Guest

    On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
    <> wrote:

    >It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
    >manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
    >wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

    Very true Nicolaas. This applies to most suppliers of
    products/services.

    Approach them with a bit of civility/politeness and the world is your
    oyster. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the cot at the
    initial approach, and most people will try and make it very difficult.

    Just human nature. The carrot always gets more than the stick. :)

    Cheers, Rhino
    Rhino, Oct 7, 2009
  4. Donchano

    Mary Hanna Guest

    wrote:

    >Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
    >was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
    >purchased at DSE.
    >
    >Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
    >neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
    >problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
    >
    >Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
    >and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
    >
    >I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
    >then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
    >way the whole things was handled by DSE.

    Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
    think if it was 18months later..?
    Mary Hanna, Oct 7, 2009
  5. Donchano

    Mary Hanna Guest

    wrote:

    >On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <>
    >wrote in <news:>:
    >
    >> Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
    >> was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
    >> purchased at DSE.
    >>
    >> Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
    >> neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
    >> problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
    >>
    >> Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
    >> and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
    >>
    >> I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
    >> then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
    >> way the whole things was handled by DSE.

    >It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
    >manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
    >wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

    It was not me that took this mouse back, I got involved when they stated it
    only had a 1 year warrantee, but I thought that was sorted out as I mentioned
    the Logitech 3 year warrantee, they stated that they would sort it out as soon
    as the got the bill of sale, the problem was that it was mislaid, so some
    months later the same person took the sales docket into the shop, they just
    stated that it was covered by the extended 2 year warrantee, but we then found
    out that it wasn't as the mouse still had a 3 year warrantee, DSE stated that
    it did not and it must be IUG's fault.

    I found a Contact number on Ascents web site that turned out to be Logitech US
    I think, and they sorted it out..

    I did try before to get some response from the Logitech web site but the
    support link did not work and the mouse support link came up that there email
    support was being upgraded.

    I noticed some comments a few years back that DSE only had one year warrantees
    on what it sold, this I can confirm with a HD I brought some years back, the
    WD drive had a 2 year warrantee, but DSE stated only one..

    As you did not know the facts your assumptions are totally wrong.
    Mary Hanna, Oct 7, 2009
  6. Donchano

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:31:05 +1300, Rhino <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
    >>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
    >>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

    >Very true Nicolaas. This applies to most suppliers of
    >products/services.
    >
    >Approach them with a bit of civility/politeness and the world is your
    >oyster. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the cot at the
    >initial approach, and most people will try and make it very difficult.
    >
    >Just human nature. The carrot always gets more than the stick. :)
    >
    >Cheers, Rhino

    Try and find warrantee details on there web site..
    Mary Hanna, Oct 7, 2009
  7. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:39 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
    >>was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
    >>purchased at DSE.
    >>
    >>Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
    >>neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
    >>problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
    >>
    >>Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
    >>and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
    >>
    >>I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
    >>then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
    >>way the whole things was handled by DSE.

    >Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
    >think if it was 18months later..?

    I don't think it would be a problem because the mouse I bought comes
    with a five year manufacturer's warranty.

    BTW - I might have to return this mouse too. But before I chuck it in
    I'll try using an older software version that has more options than
    the latest version. That might be the problem with not being able to
    scroll one line at a time and a problem with the "pointer" having to
    left-click certain items (like tabs, hyperlinks, etc) twice instead of
    once before they'll work.
    Donchano, Oct 7, 2009
  8. In article <>, Rhino <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
    ><> wrote:
    >>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
    >>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
    >>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

    >Very true Nicolaas. This applies to most suppliers of
    >products/services.
    >
    >Approach them with a bit of civility/politeness and the world is your
    >oyster. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the cot at the
    >initial approach, and most people will try and make it very difficult.
    >
    >Just human nature. The carrot always gets more than the stick. :)

    Sorry, this has not been my experience of DS (particularly). It is far more
    dependent on who you get when you go in, than your approach. Last time I
    tried to exchange something there (a plug pack with mutliple output voltages
    - a while back now) the branch manager (who must have been all of 14 :) )
    told me I had broken it so they wouldn't replace it. As you might imagine,
    my attitude took a decided turn for the worse at that time, as all I had in
    fact done was plug it in and watch it melt down - well, smell it actually.
    :)
    Worth it tho, as a couple of weeks later the individual handed me another
    one with a mumbled apology. I can say that complaining to head office is
    worth the effort, should anyone need to. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 8, 2009
  9. On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:25:17 +1300, Roger Sheppard (posting as Mary Hanna
    <>) wrote in

    > On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:33:53 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins <>
    > wrote:

    >>It has been my experience with DSE that if you approach them in the right
    >>manner you will get their full co-operation. However if you go in with the
    >>wrong attitude and start giving them grief, they will stonewall you.

    > It was not me that took this mouse back, I got involved when they stated it
    > only had a 1 year warrantee, but I thought that was sorted out as I mentioned
    > the Logitech 3 year warrantee, they stated that they would sort it out as soon
    > as the got the bill of sale, the problem was that it was mislaid, so some
    > months later the same person took the sales docket into the shop, they just
    > stated that it was covered by the extended 2 year warrantee, but we then found
    > out that it wasn't as the mouse still had a 3 year warrantee, DSE stated that
    > it did not and it must be IUG's fault.
    >
    > I found a Contact number on Ascents web site that turned out to be Logitech US
    > I think, and they sorted it out..
    >
    > I did try before to get some response from the Logitech web site but the
    > support link did not work and the mouse support link came up that there email
    > support was being upgraded.
    >
    > I noticed some comments a few years back that DSE only had one year warrantees
    > on what it sold, this I can confirm with a HD I brought some years back, the
    > WD drive had a 2 year warrantee, but DSE stated only one..
    >
    > As you did not know the facts your assumptions are totally wrong.

    Ok, Roger, I'll bite. Precisely what are my assumptions?
    (Be VERY careful what you attribute to whom.)

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 8, 2009
  10. Donchano

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:28:09 +1300, Donchano <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:39 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    >shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:04:41 +1300, Donchano <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Ok ... Mary's rellies had problems with their mouse. So did I. There's
    >>>was a Logistic wireless. Mine was a Microsoft wireless. Both were
    >>>purchased at DSE.
    >>>
    >>>Mine packed up after a few days of no probs use. Long story short -
    >>>neither my PC or laptop would recognise the USB device. Not a battery
    >>>problem. Not a software/firmware problem. It just stopped working.
    >>>
    >>>Took it in today to our local DSE, handed over the mouse and receipt
    >>>and was asked if I wanted a full refund or try another one.
    >>>
    >>>I've been using the replacement since I got home. If this one packs up
    >>>then I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with the
    >>>way the whole things was handled by DSE.

    >>Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
    >>think if it was 18months later..?

    >I don't think it would be a problem because the mouse I bought comes
    >with a five year manufacturer's warranty.

    But DSE only gives you a one year warrantee, ask them..

    Mary Hanna, Oct 8, 2009
  11. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:36:19 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:28:09 +1300, Donchano <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:39 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    >>shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>>Yes they are good as ,long as its in THERE Warrantee period, so what do you
    >>>think if it was 18months later..?

    >>I don't think it would be a problem because the mouse I bought comes
    >>with a five year manufacturer's warranty.

    >But DSE only gives you a one year warrantee, ask them..

    I will get an opportunity to do just that next week when I return my
    replacement MS 'Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000" due to performance issues
    that haven't been solved by the software. Compared to the Logitech
    wireless mouse I borrowed from my laptop while my faulty new PC mouse
    was waiting to go back to DSE, this new mouse is slow, unresponsive
    and a pain in the arse.

    In fact, so much of a pain that I'm packing up the MS mouse and
    borrowing the Logitech from my laptop right now.
    Donchano, Oct 8, 2009
  12. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:52:07 +1300, Donchano
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >In fact, so much of a pain that I'm packing up the MS mouse and
    >borrowing the Logitech from my laptop right now.

    I tried moving he USB sender to a new port and BINGO! All the mouse
    problems solved. So it looks like I'll have to wait a few years to
    find out whether or not DSE will honour the MS five year warranty.
    I'll try to remember to ask them next time I'm in there for some
    cheap, blank CD's or DVD's.
    Donchano, Oct 8, 2009
  13. Donchano

    PeeCee Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:36:19 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:28:09 +1300, Donchano <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:39 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    >>>shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>>I don't think it would be a problem because the mouse I bought comes
    >>>with a five year manufacturer's warranty.

    >>But DSE only gives you a one year warrantee, ask them..

    > I will get an opportunity to do just that next week when I return my
    > replacement MS 'Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000" due to performance issues
    > that haven't been solved by the software. Compared to the Logitech
    > wireless mouse I borrowed from my laptop while my faulty new PC mouse
    > was waiting to go back to DSE, this new mouse is slow, unresponsive
    > and a pain in the arse.
    >
    > In fact, so much of a pain that I'm packing up the MS mouse and
    > borrowing the Logitech from my laptop right now.

    That confirms my experience with the Microsoft 3000 & 4000 series mice.
    I just found them plain 'Mushy'.
    OTOH the (full size) Logitech cordless I use on my desktop is crisp as.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Oct 8, 2009