    (Please remove "NOSPAM.")

    Remember - There are 2 types of users;
    Those that have lost data, and those who are about to.

    Michael Patten, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Michael Patten

    billyw Guest

    how lazy is this woman?
    maybe you guys should try and get her a social life?

    billyw, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Michael Patten

    Guest Guest

    try going to ms office newsgroup

    Guest, Jun 11, 2004
  4. In my last position I bet I spent 50% of my time trying to solve issues like this. When I realized that it was wasting my time and that the application worked and there was no real issue, I stopped wasting my time and the companys time solving these "lazy" issues.

    If you are talking about folders they have created just expand them and close outlook. It should "remember" your settings. If you are talking about the Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folder the user is indeed wasting your time.

    Once you find a solution check back with the user in a week or so and see if they still have all the folders expanded. I bet you money that they won't be. Users love to waste IT personnels time by solving meaningless issues.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jun 12, 2004
  5. Michael Patten

    SJ Guest

    Yes, but what a wonderful way to learn, and apply, some customer
    service skills. While the request may indeed be useless, being able
    to recognize which requests are meaningless and which are meaningful
    is a great skill to develop.

    And learning different methods of not wasting your time on meaningless
    issues without really letting on that you're gaffing them off is also
    a great skill to develop.

    But sorry, Michael, I can't help with a solution for the user's
    request either.

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Jun 14, 2004