    Unk Guest

    I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and present,
    for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    Unk, Nov 11, 2004

  2. "Unk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and
    >present,
    > for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    Likewise

    Dr Hackenbush, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Unk

    Old Gringo Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and present,
    > for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    Likewise I am sure.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Unk

    Bob K Guest

    Here is a site where you can download the song and/or video of "A Pittance
    of Time" by Terry Kelly. It's a powerful song dealing with remembrance day
    and why we should pay homage to the vets and peacekeepers. The site can be
    a bit slow, but is well worth it.

    http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/chief_land_staff/remembrance/English/home.asp

    Bob K

    Bob K, Nov 11, 2004
  5. Unk

    Gort Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and present,
    > for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    I'll second that !
    And thank YOU for mentioning it !

    inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

    Gort, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Unk

    Old Gringo Guest

    Bob K wrote:
    > Here is a site where you can download the song and/or video of "A Pittance
    > of Time" by Terry Kelly. It's a powerful song dealing with remembrance day
    > and why we should pay homage to the vets and peacekeepers. The site can be
    > a bit slow, but is well worth it.
    >
    > http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/chief_land_staff/remembrance/English/home.asp

    Thanks Bob, and Thanks to Canada for that one.

    Old Gringo, Nov 11, 2004
  7. Unk

    Miggsee Guest

    Sorry, Unk! I'm out of practice and meant to send this to the group.

    I want to second Unk's message! "Thank You, Vets!" Thanks for all the
    sacrifices you made, all your bravery, and also thanks to your families for
    supporting you and our country!

    Miggsee, Nov 12, 2004
  8. Unk

    anthonyberet Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and

    present,
    > for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    wow! no troll in this thread.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his
    friends...

    anthonyberet, Nov 12, 2004
  9. Unk

    trout Guest

    Unk wrote:

    > I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and
    > present, for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    Yup.
    --
    " "

    trout, Nov 12, 2004
  10. Unk

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Unk vaguely muttered something like ...
    > I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and
    > present, for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    Well said ...

    And my grandad says thanks back .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 12, 2004
  11. Please don't forget the security forces that gave their lives for freedom in
    Northern Ireland especially RUC George Cross.

    --
    Ms Rawlings is not my mother, contrary to popular belief and folklore.

    Harold Potter esq., Nov 12, 2004
  12. Unk

    Avenger© Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:47:05 -0500, Unk <> wrote:

    >I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and present,
    >for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember
    them. Lest We Forget!!
    --
    Avenger©
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    Avenger©, Nov 12, 2004
  13. Unk

    Old Gringo Guest

    Avenger© wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:47:05 -0500, Unk <> wrote:
    >

    >>I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and present,
    >>for providing the freedom we all take for granted.
    >>

    > At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember
    > them. Lest We Forget!!
    > --
    > Avenger©
    > *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    With Pen in hand you are very powerful. Very nicely said.

    Old Gringo, Nov 12, 2004
  14. Unk

    Avenger© Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:56:11 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    >Avenger© wrote:
    >> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:47:05 -0500, Unk <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and present,
    >>>for providing the freedom we all take for granted.
    >>>

    >> At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember
    >> them. Lest We Forget!!
    >> --
    >> Avenger©
    >> *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    >With Pen in hand you are very powerful. Very nicely said.

    Thanks Mate. I'm ex soldier, so was my dad and his dad before that :eek:)

    Avenger©, Nov 13, 2004
  15. Unk

    dwacon Guest

    You're welcome!

    --
    "I haven't tasted food for 3 days"
    "Don't worry, it still tastes the same."

    dwacon, Nov 14, 2004
  16. Unk

    G.I. Brucie Guest

    Unk <> wrote in

    > I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the Veterans, both past and
    > present, for providing the freedom we all take for granted.

    And now draft-dodgers and extremists of every facist foundation conspire to
    actually craft legislation and Constitutional amendments to take away [only
    certain] Americans' rights... So glad everyone's enjoying their freedom to
    take away the freedoms of others. I'd take back my career and erase every
    tour of duty I spent in a New York minute - if only time worked that way.

    Siemper F*&k it

    G.I. Brucie, Nov 14, 2004
  17. Unk

    gb Guest

    I'm also thinking of the innocents who were killed as a result of armies
    worldwide, too.

    gb, Nov 14, 2004
  18. Unk

    Sano Guest

    When you flip a coin, do you see the head or wonder about what the other
    side looks like?

    Get a grip.

    Sano, Nov 14, 2004
  19. Unk

    gb Guest

    Oh I do have a grip. Enough of a grip to care about many people who have
    lost their lives through no fault of their own in the World Wars and all the
    wars since then. If only the world leaders had enough of a grip to learn a
    lesson and not constantly lead the world into conflict after conflict.

    gb, Nov 14, 2004