Thank you Mr. Madoff!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jun 28, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Mr. Bernard Madoff could now be singlehandidly responsible for nearly
    negating the 176 billion dollar federal loan to AIG.

    http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/26/new...tm?postversion=2009062622&eref=rss_topstories

    The feds charged the scammer a grand total of 170 billion dollars.
    With a maximum sentence of 150 years. In the agreement reached, the
    Madoff's lose it all. Period. No exceptions. So the wife will be left
    with nothing.

    What I can't figure out is how the feds arrived at the number since
    Madoff wasn't even valued at a billion dollars.

    Another question is, will any of the collected money go to the victims
    of his scam? They should have top priority on this.

    Madoff's scam is known as a "Ponzi". Whereby investors are recruited
    and the new investors pay off the original investors.

    At least one investor was whining about the fact he would only get
    back the $150,000 he invested. Not the $600,000 he was told he would
    get in return. Well duh. Be damn lucky you get a dime back.
    richard, Jun 28, 2009

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:23:44 -0400, "C.D" <>
    wrote:

    >"may i have another"?

    I'm kind of half expecting to follow in the example of Ivan Boleski
    when Boleski got fined a huge amount and simply wrote out a check like
    it was no big deal. How many zeros in a billion?
    richard, Jun 28, 2009

  3. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > richard wrote:
    >> Mr. Bernard Madoff could now be singlehandidly responsible for nearly
    >> negating the 176 billion dollar federal loan to AIG.
    >>
    >> http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/26/news/economy/madoff_sentence/index.htm?p
    >> ostversion=2009062622&eref=rss_topstories
    >>
    >> The feds charged the scammer a grand total of 170 billion dollars.
    >> With a maximum sentence of 150 years. In the agreement reached, the
    >> Madoff's lose it all. Period. No exceptions. So the wife will be left
    >> with nothing.
    >>
    >> What I can't figure out is how the feds arrived at the number since
    >> Madoff wasn't even valued at a billion dollars.
    >>
    >> Another question is, will any of the collected money go to the victims
    >> of his scam? They should have top priority on this.
    >>
    >> Madoff's scam is known as a "Ponzi". Whereby investors are recruited
    >> and the new investors pay off the original investors.
    >>
    >> At least one investor was whining about the fact he would only get
    >> back the $150,000 he invested. Not the $600,000 he was told he would
    >> get in return. Well duh. Be damn lucky you get a dime back.

    > Ruth Madoff will now be a mere pauper, left with only 2.5 million
    > dollars. How do they expect her to survive?

    Apparently rides the subway now. There was a pic of here on the 6:00 news
    in a subway seat staring at the camera wearing jeans and sunglasses with
    huge lenses.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 29, 2009