    with it off and on since then. What a headache! Bugs, glitches, and other
    unexplainable problems. I finally uninstalled it and went back to IE 6.
    Thank Goodness for Firefox and its stability and usefulness.
    History Fan, Oct 19, 2006

  2. History Fan

    Olgierd Guest

    Osoba przedstawiaj±ca siê jako *History Fan* stuknê³a w klawisze i oto
    co powsta³o:

    > I finally uninstalled it and went back to
    > IE 6. Thank Goodness for Firefox and its stability and usefulness.

    If you use Firefox why to install or uninstall IE7?

    --
    pozdrawiam serdecznie, Olgierd
    || JID:eek: || http://olgierd.wordpress.com ||
    Olgierd, Oct 20, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "Olgierd" <> wrote in message
    > Osoba przedstawiaj±ca siê jako *History Fan* stuknê³a w klawisze i oto
    > co powsta³o:
    >
    >> I finally uninstalled it and went back to
    >> IE 6. Thank Goodness for Firefox and its stability and usefulness.

    > If you use Firefox why to install or uninstall IE7?

    Microsoft will force me to install IE 7 eventually as a critical
    update. I just wanted to get the chore over with. The only glitch with IE
    7 that really annoys me is that log-in info is missing from my websites
    after a reboot. I cannot figure this out.
    History Fan, Oct 20, 2006
  4. History Fan

    Andy J. Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > "Olgierd" <> wrote in message
    >> Osoba przedstawiaj±ca siê jako *History Fan* stuknê³a w klawisze i oto
    >> co powsta³o:
    >>
    >>> I finally uninstalled it and went back to
    >>> IE 6. Thank Goodness for Firefox and its stability and usefulness.

    >> If you use Firefox why to install or uninstall IE7?
    >>

    > Microsoft will force me to install IE 7 eventually as a critical
    > update. I just wanted to get the chore over with. The only glitch with IE
    > 7 that really annoys me is that log-in info is missing from my websites
    > after a reboot. I cannot figure this out.

    One thing confuses me here. You wax-lyrical about how
    wonderful Firefox is (and I must agree with you there),
    point out all the problems with IE7 and then go back
    to IE6.........??

    Andy.
    Andy J., Oct 21, 2006
  5. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > One thing confuses me here. You wax-lyrical about how
    > wonderful Firefox is (and I must agree with you there),
    > point out all the problems with IE7 and then go back
    > to IE6.........??

    Firefox is my default web browser, and has been for the past 2 years.
    Upgrading or downgrading Internet Explorer doesn't change that.
    History Fan, Oct 21, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> One thing confuses me here. You wax-lyrical about how
    >> wonderful Firefox is (and I must agree with you there),
    >> point out all the problems with IE7 and then go back
    >> to IE6.........??
    >>

    > Firefox is my default web browser, and has been for the past 2
    > years. Upgrading or downgrading Internet Explorer doesn't change that.

    I've also tried Opera, but didn't like it as much as Firefox.

    Its funny, IE 7 RC1 worked just fine on my PC. I encountered none of
    the glitches that I saw with IE 7 final.
    History Fan, Oct 21, 2006
  7. History Fan

    Andy J. Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >>> One thing confuses me here. You wax-lyrical about how
    >>> wonderful Firefox is (and I must agree with you there),
    >>> point out all the problems with IE7 and then go back
    >>> to IE6.........??
    >>>

    >> Firefox is my default web browser, and has been for the past 2
    >> years. Upgrading or downgrading Internet Explorer doesn't change that.

    Fair enough, but why in that case do you bother with IE at all.
    Why don't you just delete it and save yourself the trouble?

    Andy.
    Andy J., Oct 21, 2006
  8. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Fair enough, but why in that case do you bother with IE at all.
    > Why don't you just delete it and save yourself the trouble?

    It is my understanding that Internet Explorer cannot be removed from
    Windows. It is a core component of the operating system, which has caused a
    lot of grief over the years because hackers exploit that configuration.
    Plus IE is needed to download updates from Microsoft Updates and Office
    Updates.
    History Fan, Oct 21, 2006
  9. History Fan

    Andy J. Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    >> Fair enough, but why in that case do you bother with IE at all.
    >> Why don't you just delete it and save yourself the trouble?
    >>

    > It is my understanding that Internet Explorer cannot be removed from
    > Windows. It is a core component of the operating system, which has caused a
    > lot of grief over the years because hackers exploit that configuration.
    > Plus IE is needed to download updates from Microsoft Updates and Office
    > Updates.

    I see, best you leave well alone then. I didn't realise that was
    the case with IE. I knew there was a big argument a while back
    over Microsoft foisting IE on you whether you wanted it or not
    but I wasn't aware that it couldn't be removed at-all. Excuse
    my ignorance but I haven't use any Microsoft products since a
    brief venture into Win-95 back about ten years ago.

    Andy.
    Andy J., Oct 21, 2006
  10. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Andy J. wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >>> Fair enough, but why in that case do you bother with IE at all.
    >>> Why don't you just delete it and save yourself the trouble?
    >>>

    >> It is my understanding that Internet Explorer cannot be removed
    >> from Windows. It is a core component of the operating system, which
    >> has caused a lot of grief over the years because hackers exploit that
    >> configuration. Plus IE is needed to download updates from Microsoft
    >> Updates and Office Updates.
    >>

    > I see, best you leave well alone then. I didn't realise that was
    > the case with IE. I knew there was a big argument a while back
    > over Microsoft foisting IE on you whether you wanted it or not
    > but I wasn't aware that it couldn't be removed at-all. Excuse
    > my ignorance but I haven't use any Microsoft products since a
    > brief venture into Win-95 back about ten years ago.
    >
    > Andy.

    1. You are not required to update to IE7, nor are you forced to install
    /any/ MS update.

    2. If you don't like automatic update in Windows, you can turn it off
    or tailor it so you still have automatic download of the updates but
    require manual review to grant installation rights.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 21, 2006
  11. Andy J. wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >>> Fair enough, but why in that case do you bother with IE at all.
    >>> Why don't you just delete it and save yourself the trouble?
    >>>

    >> It is my understanding that Internet Explorer cannot be removed
    >> from Windows. It is a core component of the operating system, which
    >> has caused a lot of grief over the years because hackers exploit that
    >> configuration. Plus IE is needed to download updates from Microsoft
    >> Updates and Office Updates.
    >>

    > I see, best you leave well alone then. I didn't realise that was
    > the case with IE. I knew there was a big argument a while back
    > over Microsoft foisting IE on you whether you wanted it or not
    > but I wasn't aware that it couldn't be removed at-all. Excuse
    > my ignorance but I haven't use any Microsoft products since a
    > brief venture into Win-95 back about ten years ago.
    >
    > Andy.

    On Win 95, you could remove IE. It was from 98 on that it became
    integrated into the operating system.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 21, 2006
  12. On 2006-10-21, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > 1. You are not required to update to IE7, nor are you forced to install
    > /any/ MS update.

    No, you are not required to do so. But apparently at some point it will
    be required to use IE7 if you want to receive Windows updates -- just
    like that WGA thing.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Oct 22, 2006