Thank God the Buffy DVD's are almost finished!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Shadowhawk, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. Shadowhawk

    Shadowhawk Guest

    I'm sick and tired of the packaging the franchise has used for the DVD sets.
    The hubs for the discs suck! I went through 6 copies of Season 7 before I
    found a complete set without loose discs that were scratched up.

    Still not as bad as when Season 2 of Angel came out. My friend and I went
    through every copy at Best Buy (at least 15) and only found 1 good set. My
    friend then went through 4 additional sets at the other best buy in town before
    he found one without a loose/scratched disc.

    Later,
    Shaun!
    --------
    The Shire Crew Returns with Devastated Lives the new album
    Preview it at:
    http://www.soundclick.com/shirecrew

    delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!

    Shadowhawk, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Shadowhawk

    jayembee Guest

    ospam (Shadowhawk) wrote:

    > Thank God the Buffy DVD's are almost finished!

    What do you mean, "almost finished". They *are* finished. Season 7,
    which came out today, is the final season. Or are you including ANGEL
    Season 5 as part of the "Buffy DVDs"?

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Shadowhawk

    TMA Guest

    I have to agree the packaging is pretty annoying. Unfortunately for me when
    I purchased Season 6 boxset they were all in snug but disc two with the
    musical episode will not play in either DVD player I have. I returned the
    set and got another one and had them open it there and check the disc.
    Played at the store but not at home. I wonder if it had something against
    RCA?

    TMA, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Shadowhawk

    kaboom Guest

    On 17 Nov 2004 04:32:38 GMT, ospam (Shadowhawk)
    wrote:

    > I'm sick and tired of the packaging the franchise has used for the DVD sets.
    > The hubs for the discs suck! I went through 6 copies of Season 7 before I
    >found a complete set without loose discs that were scratched up.
    >
    > Still not as bad as when Season 2 of Angel came out. My friend and I went
    >through every copy at Best Buy (at least 15) and only found 1 good set. My
    >friend then went through 4 additional sets at the other best buy in town before
    >he found one without a loose/scratched disc.

    **Thanks for the warning, Shaun. I bought the new set today so I just
    opened it up. The first disc (Giles) was loose but with no scratches.
    All the other discs were secure.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Shadowhawk

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    ospam (Shadowhawk) wrote:

    > I'm sick and tired of the packaging the franchise has used for the DVD
    > sets.
    > The hubs for the discs suck! I went through 6 copies of Season 7 before I
    > found a complete set without loose discs that were scratched up.

    What are you talking about? The hubs for season 7 are possibly the best
    ones they've ever used for the Buffy sets. Not only were all my discs
    intact, but I actually ended bending some of the discs just to get them
    loose. While I prefer the slim-line keep cases they're using on most tv
    sets now, I applaud Fox for a job well done on the season 7 packaging.
    If only the bastards had included the original 'unaired' Buffy pilot as
    a bonus feature, the set would have been fucking perfect.

    > Still not as bad as when Season 2 of Angel came out. My friend and I went
    > through every copy at Best Buy (at least 15) and only found 1 good set. My
    > friend then went through 4 additional sets at the other best buy in town
    > before
    > he found one without a loose/scratched disc.

    Well, for starters, if you had bought a better DVD player you might not
    have so many problems with the scratched discs. The one instance where I
    had a problem with a Buffy set was season 3. The first disc was knocked
    loose when I opened it up and had gotten pretty scuffed up as a result.
    Guess what, it plays flawlessly on my player. So I could care less that
    it got scratched. Side note: The disc did lock up during the loading of
    the main menu on my friends Xbox. That's how I know shitty DVD players
    are the problem, not the scratches.

    Black Locust, Nov 26, 2004