    What is the best thing to clean the screen of a TFT monitor. Someone has
    just sneezed all over mine leaving horrible marks

    \Thanks

    john374999, Jan 17, 2004

  2. john374999

    °Mike° Guest

    A damp, soft lint-free cloth (do NOT use solvents!), or a dry,
    soft lint-free cloth with Isopropyl Alcohol. Clean with straight
    strokes, in one direction only.

    Under NO circumstances use any of the following, or substances
    based on them:

    Acetone
    Ammonia
    Ethyl Acid
    Ethyl Alcohol
    Methyl Chloride

    Do NOT use paper towels - they are abrasive.
    Only use "Computer Wipes" if they are specifically for LCD.

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:31:42 -0000, in
    <_OaOb.5513$>
    john374999 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004

  3. john374999

    Bryan Guest

    "john374999" <> wrote in message
    > What is the best thing to clean the screen of a TFT monitor. Someone
    > has just sneezed all over mine leaving horrible marks
    >
    > \Thanks

    A *slightly* damp, warm, soft cloth, with a tiny ammount of liquid
    detergent, (none abrasive), on it and a piece of 4*2 on the head of the
    person who sneezed!
    ;)

    Bryan, Jan 17, 2004