Textphone -- or TDD/TTY -- Access Numbers in Holland and Switzerland?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Hi:

    I am looking for textphone access numbers in Holland and
    Switzerland.I've done an extensive Google search but haven't come up
    with any. I am posting from the USA.

    To dial to Holland: 011-31 and then the number;
    For Switzerland, dial 011-41 and then the number;
    Textphone is a device for those who are deaf.

    When I dial the number, I should hear the sounds generated by the
    textphone on the other end.

    Dial any TDD/TTY/Textphone/Minicom number and you'll hear it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_de...

    TDD = Telecommunications Device for the Deaf

    TTY = Telephone TYpewriter or TeleTYpewriter

    TDD and TTY are terms used in USA and Canada. In most of Europe is its
    called "textphone" and in the UK its called "minicom".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudot

    TDD/TTY/Textphone/Minicom use the Baudot code.

    Baudot is still used in TDD [Telecommunications Device for the Deaf]. I
    spend my free time dialing TDD numbers on my phone and enjoying the
    sounds that are sent from the remote TDD back to my phone. However, I
    would like to dial TDD numbers that are in Switzerland and Holland. I
    want to hear the tones that result from the international exchanges
    between Switzerland and USA as well as between Holland and USA along
    with the tones that are generated by the remote TDDs in Holland and
    Switzerland.

    If I dial any international number I'll hear some wierd tones [the
    negotiation between the various exchanges between my recipient and me]
    as my call tries to connect. If the number goes to a TDD, I'll also
    hear TDD tones along with the "distant" tones. How fun!

    Any assistance on this matter is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Radium

    Radium, Sep 19, 2006