Textphone -- or TDD/TTY -- Access Numbers in Holland and Switzerland? Please Respond With Reasonable

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Hi:

    I am looking for textphone access numbers in Holland and
    Switzerland.I've done an extensive Google search but haven't come up
    with any. I am posting from CA in USA.

    To dial to Holland: 011-31 and then the number;
    For Switzerland, dial 011-41 and then the number;
    Textphone is a device for those who are deaf.

    When I dial the number, I should hear the sounds generated by the
    textphone on the other end.

    Dial any TDD/TTY/Textphone/Minicom number and you'll hear it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_de...

    TDD = Telecommunications Device for the Deaf

    TTY = Telephone TYpewriter or TeleTYpewriter

    TDD and TTY are terms used in USA and Canada. In most of Europe is its
    called "textphone" and in the UK its called "minicom".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudot

    TDD/TTY/Textphone/Minicom use the Baudot code.

    Baudot is still used in TDD [Telecommunications Device for the Deaf]. I
    spend my free time dialing TDD numbers on my phone and enjoying the
    sounds that are sent from the remote TDD back to my phone. However, I
    would like to dial TDD numbers that are in Switzerland and Holland. I
    want to hear the tones that result from the international exchanges
    between Switzerland and USA as well as between Holland and USA along
    with the tones that are generated by the remote TDDs in Holland and
    Switzerland.

    If I dial any international number I'll hear some wierd tones [the
    negotiation between the various exchanges between my recipient and me]
    as my call tries to connect. If the number goes to a TDD, I'll also
    hear TDD tones along with the "distant" tones. How fun!

    Any assistance on this matter is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Radium
    Radium, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Radium

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.basics,comp.dcom.telecom.tech,alt.dcom.telecom,uk.telecom
    24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Oh no not again.

    From: "Radium" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Phone #'s I am looking for.
    Date: 5 Sep 2006 07:24:11 -0700

    Hi:

    I'm looking for TDD [not TTY] numbers, fax numbers, and dial-up modem
    numbers in:

    Did you read the answers you got last time if any?

    >Hi:
    >
    >I am looking for textphone access numbers in Holland and
    >Switzerland.I've done an extensive Google search but haven't come up
    >with any. I am posting from CA in USA.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 19, 2006

  3. Radium

    Radium Guest

    why? wrote:
    > x-post trimmed from
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.basics,comp.dcom.telecom.tech,alt.dcom.telecom,uk.telecom
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    > On 19 Sep 2006 07:32:47 -0700, Radium wrote:
    >
    > Oh no not again.
    >
    > From: "Radium" <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: Phone #'s I am looking for.
    > Date: 5 Sep 2006 07:24:11 -0700
    >
    > Hi:
    >
    > I'm looking for TDD [not TTY] numbers, fax numbers, and dial-up modem
    > numbers in:
    >

    > Did you read the answers you got last time if any?

    Yes. But I still didn't get what I was looking for.

    Radium, Sep 19, 2006