    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net, Feb 21, 2010

  2. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:18:50 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ wrote:

    > Hi
    > Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server I'm in the UK

    news.eternal-september.org

    --
    "The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
    this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the
    Aardvark, Feb 21, 2010

  3. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    John Dean Guest

    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
    > Hi
    > Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server
    > I'm in the UK

    If you don't mind paying 10 Euros a year I recommend the one I use:

    http://news.individual.net/
    --
    John Dean
    Oxford
    John Dean, Feb 21, 2010
  4. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    softnfurry Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:18:50 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server I'm in the UK

    > news.eternal-september.org

    Agreed
    softnfurry, Feb 21, 2010
  5. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-21, John Dean <> wrote:
    > Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server
    >> I'm in the UK

    > If you don't mind paying 10 Euros a year I recommend the one I use:
    >
    > http://news.individual.net/

    I recommend that one too. Another good one is <http://news.datemas.de/>
    which currently costs €5 per year.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 21, 2010
  6. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    chuckcar Guest

    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote in

    > Hi
    > Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server
    > I'm in the UK

    Here:

    The following brief list of free text news servers is in alphabetical
    order without editorial comment. It's a short list. Check out the
    servers and decide for yourself which one is best for you. No one knows
    what works for you better than you do. Sign up and use *more* than one.
    If one temporarily goes down, you won't be left out in the cold that way.

    AIOE http://news.aioe.org/

    Albasani http://albasani.net/index.html.en

    CNNTP http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp

    ETT http://news.ett.com.ua/

    Eternal September (Formerly Motzarella)
    http://www.eternal-september.org/

    Solani http://news.solani.org/

    Tornevall http://news.tornevall.net/

    Usenet4all http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)

    Note: most require you to send an email to them to get an account. Those
    that don't limit your number of posts per day, crossposting etc more
    than those that do typically.

    Crossposting using a followup-to group is not limited as it *is* the
    correct way to do things.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 21, 2010
  7. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    ops Guest

    On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:18:50 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

    >Hi
    >Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server
    >I'm in the UK

    AnyOne is good , most of them are read only and do not allow post and
    no login

    --
    Posted from news.mccarragher.com (Offline peering Available) (peering hubs)
    ops, Feb 21, 2010
  8. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    John Holmes Guest

    ops "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:18:50 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server
    >>I'm in the UK

    > AnyOne is good , most of them are read only and do not allow post and
    > no login

    What's the use if you can't post, you imbecile?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Feb 21, 2010
  9. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    rf Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > ops "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:18:50 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>Anyone recomment a textonly newsgroup server
    >>>I'm in the UK

    >> AnyOne is good , most of them are read only and do not allow post and
    >> no login
    >>

    > What's the use if you can't post, you imbecile?

    I could recommend it to a number of people here.
    rf, Feb 21, 2010
  10. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    softnfurry Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> ops "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> AnyOne is good , most of them are read only and do not allow post and
    >>> no login
    >>>

    >> What's the use if you can't post, you imbecile?

    > I could recommend it to a number of people here.

    ROFL
    softnfurry, Feb 22, 2010
  11. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Tony Guest

    UK my arse, you live near Hamilton Ontario, CanaDUH.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Feb 22, 2010
  12. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    John Holmes Guest

    rf "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> ops "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> AnyOne is good , most of them are read only and do not allow post and
    >>> no login
    >>>

    >> What's the use if you can't post, you imbecile?

    > I could recommend it to a number of people here.

    LOL, good one.

    ;-)

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Feb 22, 2010
  13. Thanks for all your replies
    I am using news.eternal-september.org at present
    It doesn't work well most of the time & sometime no-at-all
    I don't think it's my line, exchange or isp
    Emails & downloads are fine
    It seems to have begun around the time news.eternal-september.org
    changed its name

    Anyway I'm fed up with it - time for a change
    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net, Feb 24, 2010
  14. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net via

    > Thanks for all your replies
    > I am using news.eternal-september.org at present
    > It doesn't work well most of the time & sometime no-at-all
    > I don't think it's my line, exchange or isp
    > Emails & downloads are fine
    > It seems to have begun around the time news.eternal-september.org
    > changed its name
    >
    > Anyway I'm fed up with it - time for a change

    "Free" stuff usually sucks. I like AstraNews because
    they have many redundant servers, so rarely if you cannot
    connect to your primary, you can always get out on
    yet another one... Kewl-beens, and really cheep... AND
    the more peeples who get on it, the more faster their
    connections become, until, next thing you know... who
    knows, maybe we'll all be in each other's living rooms -
    but lock up your wives and daughters, because even though
    they ALL want me, I won't do the ugly or fat ones... FYI.

    Use Astranews... buy a once-off for ~10 pesos, [thats about
    600 burritos in Mexico away from the tourist towns - but it
    will last you for decades if you only use text groups.
    They don't even charge you for downloading headers or
    updating newly added newsgroups.

    http://www.news.astraweb.com/

    Plus, you can access any number of their servers, like one for each
    member of your harem, if you like... and each one of these, you can
    clone as many times as you like, up to 50 connections, at once [with
    a proper newsreader].

    General Server: news.astraweb.com

    European Server: eu.news.astraweb.com

    US Server: us.news.astraweb.com

    Ports: 119, 23, 1818 or 8080

    Secure Servers:

    ssl.astraweb.com Ports 443 or 563

    ssl-eu.astraweb.com Ports 443 or 563 (European)

    ssl-us.astraweb.com Ports 443 or 563 (US)

    Maximum Connections: 50 connections

    HTH

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    so... what are your other 2 wishes?

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  15. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net <Martin> writes and having writ moves on.
    > Thanks for all your replies
    > I am using news.eternal-september.org at present
    > It doesn't work well most of the time & sometime no-at-all
    > I don't think it's my line, exchange or isp
    > Emails & downloads are fine
    > It seems to have begun around the time news.eternal-september.org
    > changed its name
    >
    > Anyway I'm fed up with it - time for a change

    I'm surprised that you've been having trouble since last July and
    haven't been able to sort it out. I don't think it's
    eternal-september as I've been using it with few problems since
    before the switchover.

    Have you created an account with e-s? You should ask about your
    problems on eternal-september.support in either case.

    Mike "fruit flies like a banana" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Feb 24, 2010