textio VHDL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vhdldevelopper, Mar 23, 2010.

  1. vhdldevelopper

    vhdldevelopper

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi all,
    I'm new in vhdl and I want to read from a file which contain numbers
    separated by POINT not by White space ( as the textio procedure works by default ), it's like this
    44.123.25.254
    44.123.25.253
    44.123.25.250

    I wanna to compare such line withe an other variable like this

    entity start is

    generic( File_string : string := "C:\IP\IP.txt" );

    port(
    in : in std_logic_vector(32 downto 0)
    );

    end entity

    archtecture arch of start is

    signal L :std_logic_vector(32 downto 0);
    begin
    P : process

    FILE inFile : TEXT IS IN File_string;

    VARIABLE inLine : LINE;

    begin
    ****
    ****
    ****

    Can you tell me how can I do to compare the Input value with such line
    with READLINE
    Are we obligated to peass by READ after READLINE or a simple READLINE it's enought?
    thx..
    vhdldevelopper, Mar 23, 2010