    At 1280x1024 it looks like this: http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/tbscreen.png

    --
    Brian

    :: brian ::, Oct 7, 2003

  2. :: brian ::

    dantu Guest

    :: brian :: wrote:

    > Is there a way to get TB to keep text constrained to a certain width?
    > When I type messages they wrap at 72 characters, but when I'm reading
    > most messages written with Mozilla, the text spans to the width of the
    > window before wrapping. This is particularly annoying when your screen
    > is at a large size and the window is maximized. I have unchecked, and
    > rechecked the box under Display options labeled: _wrap text to fit
    > window width_ but it doesn't make a difference.
    >
    > At 1280x1024 it looks like this: http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/tbscreen.png

    Brian

    You are seeing the effects of format=flowed which Mozilla uses.
    Format=flowed is a means of sending a message so it is full screen no
    matter what window size is used.
    It is quite useful when messages are sent to small screens,
    allowing the message to be formatted for that screen without annoying
    line breaks.
    If you want to see the effect, make your screen smaller or
    bigger and you will note that messages sent with f=f automatically
    adjust themselves to the size of the window.

    You can remove the f=f via a prefs.js/users.js if you wish

    or you can simply use the much simpler method of making your window smaller

    dantu, Oct 7, 2003

  3. :: brian ::

    :: brian :: Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > :: brian :: wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to get TB to keep text constrained to a certain width?
    >> When I type messages they wrap at 72 characters, but when I'm reading
    >> most messages written with Mozilla, the text spans to the width of the
    >> window before wrapping. This is particularly annoying when your
    >> screen is at a large size and the window is maximized. I have
    >> unchecked, and rechecked the box under Display options labeled: _wrap
    >> text to fit window width_ but it doesn't make a difference.
    >>
    >> At 1280x1024 it looks like this:
    >> http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/tbscreen.png
    >>

    > Brian
    >
    > You are seeing the effects of format=flowed which Mozilla uses.
    > Format=flowed is a means of sending a message so it is full screen no
    > matter what window size is used.
    > It is quite useful when messages are sent to small screens,
    > allowing the message to be formatted for that screen without annoying
    > line breaks.
    > If you want to see the effect, make your screen smaller or bigger
    > and you will note that messages sent with f=f automatically adjust
    > themselves to the size of the window.
    >
    > You can remove the f=f via a prefs.js/users.js if you wish
    >
    > or you can simply use the much simpler method of making your window smaller

    Thanks for the explanation and information. I'll play around and see
    which way I like better. I usually have the window full-screen and read
    the message in the preview pane.

    --
    Brian

    :: brian ::, Oct 7, 2003
  4. :: brian ::

    dantu Guest

    :: brian :: wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> :: brian :: wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to get TB to keep text constrained to a certain width?
    >>> When I type messages they wrap at 72 characters, but when I'm reading
    >>> most messages written with Mozilla, the text spans to the width of
    >>> the window before wrapping. This is particularly annoying when your
    >>> screen is at a large size and the window is maximized. I have
    >>> unchecked, and rechecked the box under Display options labeled:
    >>> _wrap text to fit window width_ but it doesn't make a difference.
    >>>
    >>> At 1280x1024 it looks like this:
    >>> http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/tbscreen.png
    >>>

    >> Brian
    >>
    >> You are seeing the effects of format=flowed which Mozilla uses.
    >> Format=flowed is a means of sending a message so it is full screen no
    >> matter what window size is used.
    >> It is quite useful when messages are sent to small screens,
    >> allowing the message to be formatted for that screen without annoying
    >> line breaks.
    >> If you want to see the effect, make your screen smaller or
    >> bigger and you will note that messages sent with f=f automatically
    >> adjust themselves to the size of the window.
    >>
    >> You can remove the f=f via a prefs.js/users.js if you wish
    >>
    >> or you can simply use the much simpler method of making your window
    >> smaller
    >>

    > Thanks for the explanation and information. I'll play around and see
    > which way I like better. I usually have the window full-screen and read
    > the message in the preview pane.

    brian

    Just one point, it isnt a 'preview' pane. Its the message pane

    dantu, Oct 7, 2003