    have even downloaded the 5.1 Sapi sdk and installed it hoping it would do it,
    but nada. Anyone have an idea as to what I need to do?
    Mark
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Nov 6, 2007

  2. I suspect this is a 32bit/64bit issue, and may not be resolvable. Where do
    the voices get "installed"? If they get installed in a system or Program
    Files directory, we may be able to point you around the issue and fix it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2007

  3. Re: text to speech for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Editi

    Thanx for the comeback, Been a long time since I got any direction/advice on
    this subject hehe. This is the path to which the AT&T voices were saved:

    c:\Program Files (x86)\ATTNaturalVoices\TTS1.4\Desktop\data\en_us\crystal
    c:\Program Files (x86)\ATTNaturalVoices\TTS1.4\Desktop\data\en_us\mike

    The program they support (TextAloud MP3) works with no problem. So I figure
    if the voices sound ok there, I can't imagine why it wouldn't sound ok with
    x64. Buy maybe I am naive about the complexity of the x64 system.
    Thanx for you assistance in this matter. ))
    Respectfully,
    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Nov 7, 2007
  4. Re: text to speech for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Editi

    OK, I think you're out of luck. The problem is that AT&T would need to have
    a 64-bit driver or DLL for it to be seen by the main system. The issue is
    that their program is 32-bit, so it sees them fine. But Explorer and Windows
    are 64-bit. And that limits the ability of the voices to be accessed by the
    system. The 32-bit subsystem "WOW64" operates in it's own subsystem. 32-bit
    applications can call 32-bit applications, or they can call 64-bit
    applications. But they can't make an "in process" call to a 64-bit
    application DLL. The limitation is the same in reverse.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 7, 2007
  5. Re: text to speech for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Editi

    Well crapola. (( That sucks. Is there any source for better sounding voice
    than Microsoft Sam (it really does suxxxx terribly )) )?.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Nov 7, 2007
  6. Re: text to speech for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Editi

    There are other voices, I'm sure, but honestly, it's not an area I have any
    direct knowledge in. Why not start by asking AT&T when they're going to
    properly support 64bit?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64