    I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle reading
    php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

    thanks

    Nospam, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Nospam wrote:
    > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
    > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?
    >
    > thanks

    Whitch OS ?

    For linux you have festival, http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/.

    Mats Karlsson, Jun 18, 2005

  3. On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
    "Nospam" <> wrote:

    > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
    > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

    You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
    the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).

    Cheers
    Robert

    Robert Spielmann, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Nospam

    Nospam Guest

    "Robert Spielmann" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
    > "Nospam" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
    > > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

    > You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
    > the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).
    >
    > Cheers
    > Robert

    it's for windows

    Nospam, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Nospam

    Nospam Guest

    "Nospam" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Spielmann" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
    > > "Nospam" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
    > > > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

    > > You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
    > > the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Robert

    > it's for windows

    I am using Mbrola, have installed the voice database, however copying and
    pasting text into mbroli.exe or phoplayer.exe or mbredit .exe and trying to
    read it out loud just causing a crash, saying file "error in line..." is
    there something I am doing wrong?

    Nospam, Jul 26, 2005