    Perhaps there is some software to do this?

    Thanks and regards

    Mac

    Mac, Dec 23, 2007

  2. Mac

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:17:09 +0000, Mac <-spam.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to change
    >the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
    >For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.) to
    >the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different colour or
    >font?
    >Perhaps there is some software to do this?
    >
    >Thanks and regards
    >
    >Mac

    In windows the only change you can make is globally.
    That is, change one, change them all.

    You might be able to do it in the registry, but if you don't know how
    that works, stay out of it.

    Problem with 3rd party stuff is, they only work when the program is
    running. Unless you can find one that sets the registry properly.

    http://www.bluechillies.com/list/change-folder-icon-color.html

    Just one source I found googling.

    richard, Dec 23, 2007

  3. Mac

    Mac Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:17:09 +0000, Mac <-spam.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to change
    >> the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
    >> For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.) to
    >> the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different colour or
    >> font?
    >> Perhaps there is some software to do this?
    >>
    >> Thanks and regards
    >>
    >> Mac

    > In windows the only change you can make is globally.
    > That is, change one, change them all.
    >
    > You might be able to do it in the registry, but if you don't know how
    > that works, stay out of it.
    >
    > Problem with 3rd party stuff is, they only work when the program is
    > running. Unless you can find one that sets the registry properly.
    >
    > http://www.bluechillies.com/list/change-folder-icon-color.html
    >
    > Just one source I found googling.

    Thanks Richard

    Not quite what I was looking for. I don't mind hacking the registry (I
    always back it up first of course!) but not sure which key to look for.
    It's not the folders I wish to change just the colour of the text.

    Cheers

    Mac

    Mac, Dec 23, 2007
  4. Mac

    chuckcar Guest

    Mac <-spam.com> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to
    > change the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
    > For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.)
    > to the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different
    > colour or font?
    > Perhaps there is some software to do this?
    >
    > Thanks and regards
    >
    > Mac

    Right click on a blank part of your desktop, left click on properties.
    click on the tab marked appearance, click the dropdown labelled Item,
    click on "Icon" and change what you want. Note this changes the
    background *and* forground. You do *not* want to change the size beside
    Icon as opposed to font and this (naturally) will change the size of the
    picture.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 24, 2007
  5. Mac

    dadiOH Guest

    Mac wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:17:09 +0000, Mac <-spam.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to
    >>> change the text font and colour of file names saved on the
    >>> desktop?
    >>> For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or
    >>> Excel,etc.) to the desktop could I change the name to show up in
    >>> a different colour or font?
    >>> Perhaps there is some software to do this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks and regards
    >>>
    >>> Mac

    >> In windows the only change you can make is globally.
    >> That is, change one, change them all.
    >>
    >> You might be able to do it in the registry, but if you don't know
    >> how that works, stay out of it.
    >>
    >> Problem with 3rd party stuff is, they only work when the program is
    >> running. Unless you can find one that sets the registry properly.
    >>
    >> http://www.bluechillies.com/list/change-folder-icon-color.html
    >>
    >> Just one source I found googling.

    > Thanks Richard
    >
    > Not quite what I was looking for. I don't mind hacking the registry
    > (I always back it up first of course!) but not sure which key to
    > look for. It's not the folders I wish to change just the colour of
    > the text.

    That would be program specific. Numerous word processing programs let
    you change the default text color but any such change is confined to
    that particular program.

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...