    coupled with an horrendous static sound through the speakers. When I hold
    backspace and touch any key the runaway plusses stop. Can anybody tell me
    what's going on?

    George, Dec 31, 2006

  2. George

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:10:45 +0000, George Has Frothed:

    > I have just purchased a HP Pavilion and I'm having all kinds of problems
    > with it. I have done 3 full recoveries in the last 3 weeks and now Hp
    > support is telling me to do another to correct this problem: Nine times out
    > of ten, when I'm booted up I get running plus signs in any text window
    > coupled with an horrendous static sound through the speakers. When I hold
    > backspace and touch any key the runaway plusses stop. Can anybody tell me
    > what's going on?

    You should be tsaking that thing back and exchanging it for one that works.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Dec 31, 2006

  3. George

    Guest

    "George" <> wrote:

    >I have just purchased a HP Pavilion and I'm having all kinds of problems
    >with it. I have done 3 full recoveries in the last 3 weeks and now Hp
    >support is telling me to do another to correct this problem: Nine times out
    >of ten, when I'm booted up I get running plus signs in any text window
    >coupled with an horrendous static sound through the speakers. When I hold
    >backspace and touch any key the runaway plusses stop. Can anybody tell me
    >what's going on?

    Just to rule it out, your not in a high interference area are you?

    Next to a large monitor, close to a radio broadcasting site?

    --
    The Top Ten Astronomy Images of 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/y5nnks

    , Dec 31, 2006
  4. George

    Leythos Guest

    In article <VrXlh.16070$c94.13060@trndny09>, says...
    > I have just purchased a HP Pavilion and I'm having all kinds of problems
    > with it. I have done 3 full recoveries in the last 3 weeks and now Hp
    > support is telling me to do another to correct this problem: Nine times out
    > of ten, when I'm booted up I get running plus signs in any text window
    > coupled with an horrendous static sound through the speakers. When I hold
    > backspace and touch any key the runaway plusses stop. Can anybody tell me
    > what's going on?

    You said "Just Purchased" and "In the last 3 weeks", so, was this a
    problem from the very start, before you connected to the Internet

    If it didn't have this problem when it was first turned on, what have
    you done between that time and when it starts? Are you loading any
    applications/data on to the computer?

    If it's never worked properly, take it back to the store where you
    bought it and demand a replacement.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Dec 31, 2006
  5. George

    George Guest

    No I am not in a high interference area. I agree, it should be
    returned, but I bought in on line and HP support wants me to send it in for
    repair pending a further recovery attempt. I haven't added any programs
    since my last recovery. Square one. Thanks all for your help.

    George, Jan 1, 2007
  6. George

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:41:39 GMT, "George" <> wrote:

    > No I am not in a high interference area. I agree, it should be
    >returned, but I bought in on line and HP support wants me to send it in for
    >repair pending a further recovery attempt. I haven't added any programs
    >since my last recovery. Square one. Thanks all for your help.
    >

    >"George" <> wrote in message
    >>I have just purchased a HP Pavilion and I'm having all kinds of problems
    >> with it. I have done 3 full recoveries in the last 3 weeks and now Hp
    >> support is telling me to do another to correct this problem: Nine times
    >> out
    >> of ten, when I'm booted up I get running plus signs in any text window
    >> coupled with an horrendous static sound through the speakers. When I hold
    >> backspace and touch any key the runaway plusses stop. Can anybody tell me
    >> what's going on?

    Without on-site support you don't have much choice. Send it back

    Lookout, Jan 2, 2007