Text messages

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Roger Dewhurst, Aug 31, 2007.

  1. Is there any way of sending a text message to a mobile telephone from a
    computer connected to the internet?

    Roger Dewhurst, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Roger Dewhurst

    Rob S Guest

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > Is there any way of sending a text message to a mobile telephone from a
    > computer connected to the internet?

    Google for sms gateway. I doubt there are any free services left, but
    there are plenty of options depending on how much you are willing to pay.

    --

    Rob
    http://www.aspir8or.com

    Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.

    Rob S, Sep 1, 2007

  3. Roger Dewhurst

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <fba218$na9$>, says...
    > Is there any way of sending a text message to a mobile telephone from a
    > computer connected to the internet?

    On Vodafone I use their Web2TXT service.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Sep 1, 2007
  4. Roger Dewhurst

    sam Guest

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > Is there any way of sending a text message to a mobile telephone from a
    > computer connected to the internet?

    You can do it from your vodafone page if you are a vodafone customer.
    Its called web2txt

    sam, Sep 1, 2007