    I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
    my computer..

    thx..

    Possum, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Possum

    Earl Grey Guest

    Possum wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    > Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
    >

    > I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
    > my computer..
    >
    > thx..

    You don't say what OS
    But heres a free download for XP

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...97-7f69-4891-8929-37b9041924a2&DisplayLang=en

    Earl Grey, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Possum wrote:
    > Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    > Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..

    Yes. I would be surprised if any decent data-capable phone couldn't be
    used in this way.

    If you want a dedicated device to connect to a PC serial port, try
    http://www.wavecom.com.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Possum

    Vista Guest

    "Possum" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    > Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
    >

    > I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
    > my computer..
    >
    > thx..

    Yes, nokia phones let you do that. Best to use bluetooth instead of cable
    these days.

    Vista, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Possum

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:13:37 +1200, "Vista" <>
    wrote:

    >"Possum" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    >> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
    >>

    >> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
    >> my computer..
    >>
    >> thx..
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    >Yes, nokia phones let you do that. Best to use bluetooth instead of cable
    >these days.

    It can be done on Sony Ericsson phones too. Bluetooth or Infrared.

    Craig Shore, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Possum

    Possum Guest

    IM on the 027 network Runnung XP

    Possum, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Possum

    Who Me Guest

    Possum wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    > Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
    >

    > I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
    > my computer..
    >
    > thx..

    hi I've got a motorola V3 that will do this bluetooth or USB cable

    Who Me

    Who Me, Aug 7, 2006
  8. Possum

    Vista Guest

    "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:13:37 +1200, "Vista" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Possum" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    >>> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
    >>>

    >>> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages
    >>> from
    >>> my computer..
    >>>
    >>> thx..
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>>

    >>Yes, nokia phones let you do that. Best to use bluetooth instead of cable
    >>these days.
    >>

    > It can be done on Sony Ericsson phones too. Bluetooth or Infrared.

    I used to have a ericsson with infrared, but it was such a buggy
    phone(software wise) I could never get that feature to work on it.

    Vista, Aug 7, 2006
  9. Possum

    Chris Lim Guest

    Who Me wrote:
    > hi I've got a motorola V3 that will do this bluetooth or USB cable

    Do you mean you don't need any special software like the one mentioned
    earlier in the thread? If so, how do you do it? (I know, I should just
    RTFM!)

    Chris Lim, Aug 7, 2006
  10. Possum

    Vista Guest

    "Chris Lim" <> wrote in message
    > Who Me wrote:
    >> hi I've got a motorola V3 that will do this bluetooth or USB cable

    > Do you mean you don't need any special software like the one mentioned
    > earlier in the thread? If so, how do you do it? (I know, I should just
    > RTFM!)

    Comes with the phone or download from the manufacturers website.

    Vista, Aug 7, 2006
  11. Possum

    Chris Lim Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > Comes with the phone or download from the manufacturers website.

    I must be losing it. I went to the Motorola site and tried to find
    software/drivers for my RAZ V3i but couldn't! The only thing I found
    was a Software Update, but that looked like a firmware type upgrade. If
    anyone can point me to the appropriate drivers, I'd much appreciate it!

    Chris Lim, Aug 7, 2006
  12. Possum

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-08-06, Possum <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
    > Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..

    there are many.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Aug 7, 2006
  13. T'was the 6 Aug 2006 23:52:52 -0700 when I remembered "Chris Lim"
    <> saying something like this:

    >I must be losing it. I went to the Motorola site and tried to find
    >software/drivers for my RAZ V3i but couldn't! The only thing I found
    >was a Software Update, but that looked like a firmware type upgrade. If
    >anyone can point me to the appropriate drivers, I'd much appreciate it!

    Last time I checked, Motorola's phone software wasn't free to download
    like Nokia's, you had to pay for it.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Aug 7, 2006
  14. Possum

    Vista Guest

    "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > T'was the 6 Aug 2006 23:52:52 -0700 when I remembered "Chris Lim"
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >>I must be losing it. I went to the Motorola site and tried to find
    >>software/drivers for my RAZ V3i but couldn't! The only thing I found
    >>was a Software Update, but that looked like a firmware type upgrade. If
    >>anyone can point me to the appropriate drivers, I'd much appreciate it!

    > Last time I checked, Motorola's phone software wasn't free to download
    > like Nokia's, you had to pay for it.
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    I got mine for free off the nokia website. My phones a 3230.

    Vista, Aug 9, 2006