Text counting software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    I am looking for a character counting program that can handle various Microsoft
    formats (especially Powerpoint, PDF and Excel). The most appealing software
    was gTotal Assistanth by Surefire Software since it promises to find words
    and lines not counted by Microsoft Office. This includes text contained in
    text boxes, text in Excel worksheets, text in headers or footers, etc.).

    I have tried the trial version a bit, but right now I am lacking test files
    to verify what the company promises. However, it does not count the spaces
    between words. My clients pay per 1000 text bytesc which means that I would
    roughly lose 10%. There is no problem with counting in MS Word since the
    characters with and without spaces are displayed.
    Is there any program that can do it all? If not, Ifll have to multiply the
    final count with a predetermined factor.

    Can anybody please recommend a usable counting software that can do accurate
    counting for customer estimations?
    This refers to Latin-based languages, but I also need to count Japanese text.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Murgi

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    This may be what you are looking for.
    http://3d2f.com/programs/21-310-advercount-download.shtml

    Or...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=count all text program

    owldo@(trash)hotmail.com
    Take out the "(trash)" to reply
    "Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

    > I am looking for a character counting program that can handle various

    Microsoft
    > formats (especially Powerpoint, PDF and Excel). The most appealing

    software
    > was gTotal Assistanth by Surefire Software since it promises to find

    words
    > and lines not counted by Microsoft Office. This includes text contained in
    > text boxes, text in Excel worksheets, text in headers or footers, etc.).
    >
    > I have tried the trial version a bit, but right now I am lacking test

    files
    > to verify what the company promises. However, it does not count the spaces
    > between words. My clients pay per 1000 text bytesc which means that I

    would
    > roughly lose 10%. There is no problem with counting in MS Word since the
    > characters with and without spaces are displayed.
    > Is there any program that can do it all? If not, Ifll have to multiply

    the
    > final count with a predetermined factor.
    >
    > Can anybody please recommend a usable counting software that can do

    accurate
    > counting for customer estimations?
    > This refers to Latin-based languages, but I also need to count Japanese

    text.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi