    all - I don't buy any more that aren't anamorphic.
    Thanks for any information you can give.
    Paul

    Paul Beck, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Paul Beck

    Murder Guest

    "Paul Beck" <> wrote in
    news:r8fjb.1285$:

    > Does anyone know if this is truly a NEW Edition? Some sources say
    > "repackaged". Yet others state the transfer was under Tobe Hooper.
    > "Painstakingly restored from the original 16mm ECO negatives, this
    > special edition presents Tobe Hooper's classic film as you've never
    > seen it before." Main question: is this widescreen "enhanced for 16x9
    > TVs? No site states this, just that is it widescreen which doesn't
    > help me at all - I don't buy any more that aren't anamorphic.
    > Thanks for any information you can give.
    > Paul

    Exactly the same except for the idiotic new cover.

    Murder, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Paul Beck

    Jeffman Guest

    This version is still not enhanced for 16x9.
    It is the exact same DVD that was out before with a new case and cover.

    Jeffman

    Jeffman, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Paul Beck

    Dunf Guest

    "Jeffman" <> wrote in message
    > This version is still not enhanced for 16x9.
    > It is the exact same DVD that was out before with a new case and cover.
    >
    > Jeffman

    This could rate the worst packaging for a re-issue ever! Keep your Pioneer
    version since it's the same in terms of the extras'; transfer I don't know.

    Dunf, Oct 16, 2003
  5. On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:06:31 GMT, Paul Beck <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if this is truly a NEW Edition? Some sources say
    > "repackaged". Yet others state the transfer was under Tobe Hooper.
    > "Painstakingly restored from the original 16mm ECO negatives, this
    > special
    > edition presents Tobe Hooper's classic film as you've never seen it
    > before."
    > Main question: is this widescreen "enhanced for 16x9 TVs?

    I saw it at the movies and it's shot on 16mm: It should be 1:1.33 and _not_
    widescreen. Otherwise it has been enlarged and something is missing
    vertically and it's not the original aspect ratio anymore...

    Hope that helps,
    Martin

    "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
    (H.Ford as Dr. H.Jones Jr. in "Raiders of the Lost Ark")

    Martin Schemitsch, Oct 16, 2003