TeX source file clean up

Discussion in 'Software' started by rgompa, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. rgompa

    rgompa

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I wanted to write a program (in perl or c) to clean up source file in TeX.
    Source file is an ascii file in which there are special character that indicate special function. For example, rest of the line after % will be ignored by TeX; any word that start with \ is a command. Here is my plan for now:

    original text:
    this is a great project. % this is just my opinion.
    % You may disagree.
    What do you think?

    changed text:
    this is a great project.
    %%%%%%%%%%%%
    %% this is just my opinion.
    %% You may disagree.
    %%%%%%%%%%%%
    What do you think|?

    Original text:
    Please help me. \yourkindness{will be}{rewarded} by someone. %May not be me.

    changed text:
    Please help me.
    \yourkindness
    {will be}
    {rewarded}
    %% My not be me.

    Each line in changed text should have atmost 100 characters and
    it should not break any word from the orignal text.

    Are there any programs already out there with these features?

    Will you please give me some suggestions how I can write such a program
    in C or perl?

    Thanks.
    rgompa, Mar 27, 2008