    I have PC software that will record video, but do not know how to
    set the camera (other than connecting the cable).

    So, can anyone here direct me to some useful information?

    Fred the Red Shirt, Feb 9, 2009

  2. Fred the Red Shirt

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Fred the Red Shirt <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for information on how to use the Sigma SD-14 tethered,
    > and also how to use it to shoot video.

    it doesn't do either one.

    > So, can anyone here direct me to some useful information?

    buy a different camera if those functions are important.

    nospam, Feb 9, 2009

  3. On Feb 9, 12:55 pm, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Fred the Red Shirt <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking for information on how to use the Sigma SD-14 tethered,
    > > and also how to use it to shoot video.

    > it doesn't do either one.
    >
    > > So, can anyone here direct me to some useful information?

    > buy a different camera if those functions are important.

    According to the manual, it shoots video in either PAL or NTSC
    format. It does have a video out port.

    So, can anyone here direct me to some accurate information?

    --

    FF

    Fred the Red Shirt, Feb 9, 2009
  4. Fred the Red Shirt

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Fred the Red Shirt <> wrote:

    > > > I'm looking for information on how to use the Sigma SD-14 tethered,
    > > > and also how to use it to shoot video.

    > > it doesn't do either one.
    > >
    > > > So, can anyone here direct me to some useful information?

    > > buy a different camera if those functions are important.

    > According to the manual, it shoots video in either PAL or NTSC
    > format.

    the manual says no such thing.

    > It does have a video out port.

    yes it does have a video out port and it is for viewing photos on a tv
    instead of the lcd screen on the back of the camera, usually in
    conjunction with the slide show function. it is not for shooting
    video.

    > So, can anyone here direct me to some accurate information?

    see above.

    nospam, Feb 9, 2009
  5. On Feb 9, 2:26 pm, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,

    > > > it doesn't do either one.

    > > > buy a different camera if those functions are important.

    > > According to the manual, it shoots video in either PAL or NTSC
    > > format.

    > the manual says no such thing.
    >
    > > It does have a video out port.

    > yes it does have a video out port and it is for viewing photos on a tv
    > instead of the lcd screen on the back of the camera, usually in
    > conjunction with the slide show function.  it is not for shooting
    > video.
    >
    > > So, can anyone here direct me to some accurate information?

    > see above.

    Do you have one?

    Fred the Red Shirt, Feb 9, 2009
  6. Fred the Red Shirt

    Guest

    "Fred the Red Shirt" <> wrote in message
    On Feb 9, 2:26 pm, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,

    > > > it doesn't do either one.

    > > > buy a different camera if those functions are important.

    > > According to the manual, it shoots video in either PAL or NTSC
    > > format.

    > the manual says no such thing.
    >
    > > It does have a video out port.

    > yes it does have a video out port and it is for viewing photos on a tv
    > instead of the lcd screen on the back of the camera, usually in
    > conjunction with the slide show function. it is not for shooting
    > video.
    >
    > > So, can anyone here direct me to some accurate information?

    > see above.

    Do you have one?

    The Sigma SD14 is a 4.5(x3) megapixel Foveon chip based dSLR. It has no
    video shooting ability. The PAL/NTSC output is for playing back a slideshow
    of the images.

    The only two dSLR that can shoot video (poorly) is the Nikon D90 720P only,
    and the Canon 5D mk.II that can do 1080i.

    I sell digital cameras, and I am a Sigma dealer so what "nospam" said is
    correct.

    , Feb 9, 2009
  7. On Feb 9, 5:10 pm, "" <> wrote:

    > I sell digital cameras, and I am a Sigma dealer so what "nospam" said is
    > correct.

    Thanks.

    I gather that it is not possible to control the camera from a PC,
    only to use a TV, DVR, PC or Mac as a larger substitute for the
    video display.

    Can you tell me the voltage of the DC power supply and the
    maximum current that the camera draws using the Sigma
    18 - 200 mm lens with the image stabilizer on?

    --

    FF

    Fred the Red Shirt, Feb 10, 2009
  8. Fred the Red Shirt

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,

    the power adapter is rated at 9.3v @ 3 amps.

    nospam, Feb 10, 2009
  9. On Feb 9, 8:20 pm, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Fred the Red Shirt <> wrote:
    >
    > > Can you tell me the voltage of the DC power supply and the
    > > maximum current that the camera draws using the Sigma
    > > 18 - 200 mm lens with the image stabilizer on?

    > the power adapter is rated at 9.3v @ 3 amps.

    Thanks.

    No wonder it's expensive!

    --