Testking?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ben, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
    anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking really a
    braindump? If you read their site it says:

    "Today, as ever, you will find original training resources and certification
    preparation solutions. Testking content is 100% braindump free. Brain dump
    sites are not discouraged to advertise on our site, since we feel that
    braindumps are counter-productive regarding your certification. Braindump
    sites and the braindumps they provide are sub-standard training material.
    For a solid IT career and future, you will need a firm understanding of the
    core concepts found in each Testking Study Guide and Interactive Lab - you
    won't find this from a brain dump."

    Is that just bullsh*t? Or have they cleaned up their act and provided some
    useful material? I've not seen any of there stuff, and don't really want to
    waste $39.99 to find out that it IS a braindump!

    --
    Ben

    IT Professional, MCP 70-210
    "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    Ben, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Ben

    Jon Guest

    TestKings are ok - they are not illegal, they are not
    cheating, they are study aids and simulators used by many
    training centers across the country. People who keep
    harping about this are not informed and simply fully of
    sour grapes. Even if you use TestKing or Transenders -
    expect a tough exam there is no free ride. Some times you
    will need to check with Testking for updates to training
    materials, I have seen incorrect answers in some study
    guides, but they are usually pretty good at updating them.
    I especially find the TestKing online test simulators
    helpful to students.

    Good luck!
    Jon
    MCSE 2003

    Jon, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Ben

    Doom Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > TestKings are ok

    <testking endorsement snipped>
    Um yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. testking
    offers a first time pass guarantee which indicates to me they are a
    br@indump. Also they are not approved by Microsoft. Even if testking is not
    expressly banned by microsoft I'm not going to jeopardize my certs by using
    a questionable product.

    Doom, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Ben

    Techie Guest

    This is a joke right? For kicks the other day after I wrote my 20-714 exam I
    had a look at the Test King for it and every single question I faced was in
    the Test King with the exception of all the company names used being
    TestKing so please don't give me this bullshit its not cheating. If you can
    read and memorize the test questions and answers before you sit the exam its
    cheating there is no other way of looking at it.
    --
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Jul 29, 2004

    --------------------------------------------------^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    I'm guessing their web master br@indumped English.

    --
    Fris "Don't never use double negatives" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Jon wrote:
    > TestKings are ok - they are not illegal, they are not
    > cheating, they are study aids and simulators used by many
    > training centers across the country. People who keep
    > harping about this are not informed and simply fully of
    > sour grapes. Even if you use TestKing or Transenders -
    > expect a tough exam there is no free ride. Some times you
    > will need to check with Testking for updates to training
    > materials, I have seen incorrect answers in some study
    > guides, but they are usually pretty good at updating them.
    > I especially find the TestKing online test simulators
    > helpful to students.

    Care to share exactly which training center you work for there, Jon?

    --
    Fris "Curious minds wanna know" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 29, 2004
  7. Ben

    Ben Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Ben wrote:
    > > This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
    > > anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking
    > > really a braindump? If you read their site it says:
    > >
    > > "Today, as ever, you will find original training resources and
    > > certification preparation solutions. Testking content is 100%
    > > braindump free. Brain dump sites are not discouraged to advertise on

    > --------------------------------------------------^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > I'm guessing their web master br@indumped English.
    >
    > --

    Yeah I wasn't sure about that bit, I think they mean 'are discouraged' or
    'not encouraged'!

    I think I'll take dooms advice and stay clear of them!

    Ben

    Ben, Jul 29, 2004
  8. Ben

    Brian Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote
    > This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
    > anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking really

    > braindump?

    In general about braindump sites:

    First of all, be wary of any company that offers a pass guarantee. Second,
    be wary of any company that does not tell you anywhere how to contact them
    by phone or have a business address (testking website is hosted in India,
    BTW). Third, if you are unsure, why not email our friend Mike C Phelp
    (that's mcphelp) at microsoft and ask him?

    Specifically about testking:

    If they aren't braindumps, then why do they have a braindumps link on their
    site? Also, if they aren't braindumps, then how is it that they are running
    the same contest on their site as braindumps.com? Finally, although you
    can't believe everything you read on the internet, a lot of people do post
    about how great testking is because the have real exam questions.

    Brian

    Brian, Jul 29, 2004
  9. Ben

    Consultant Guest

    Melancholically Asian little girl

    Consultant, Jul 29, 2004
  10. Ben

    Doom Guest

    > I think I'll take dooms advice and stay clear of them!
    >
    > Ben

    When in doubt take Doom's advice.

    Doom, Jul 29, 2004
  11. Ben

    Consultant Guest

    =================
    = A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R =
    =================

    Consultant, Jul 29, 2004
  12. Ben

    kpg Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\138818.htm (7/29/2004 10:08:58

    AM) #
    > This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
    > anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking really

    > braindump? If you read their site it says:

    <snip>

    If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...then does it matter that
    the duck says it's a swan? That is, if ducks could talk.

    kpg

    kpg, Jul 29, 2004
  13. Ben

    JaR Guest

    Ben wrote:
    >Brain dump
    > sites are not discouraged to advertise on our site,

    ^^^

    Well, that says a lot ;-)

    JaR, Jul 29, 2004
  14. Ben

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "Doom" blathered:

    > When in doubt take Doom's advice.

    Or he'll have you emasculated!

    --
    Tech "Fearful Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  15. Ben

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "kpg" blathered:

    > That is, if ducks could talk.

    Quack! Quack!

    --
    Tech "Quacker Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  16. Ben

    Doom Guest

    > On Jul 29, 2004 "Doom" blathered:
    >
    > > When in doubt take Doom's advice.

    > Or he'll have you emasculated!

    You know damn right.

    Doom, Jul 29, 2004
  17. I concur.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 29, 2004
  18. Ben

    Scott Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message news:<676701c4757b$3102c9b0$>...
    > TestKings are ok - they are not illegal, they are not
    > cheating, they are study aids and simulators used by many
    > training centers across the country. People who keep
    > harping about this are not informed and simply fully of
    > sour grapes. Even if you use TestKing or Transenders -
    > expect a tough exam there is no free ride. Some times you
    > will need to check with Testking for updates to training
    > materials, I have seen incorrect answers in some study
    > guides, but they are usually pretty good at updating them.
    > I especially find the TestKing online test simulators
    > helpful to students.
    >

    > Good luck!
    > Jon
    > MCSE 2003

    My Dear Please

    If you Buy Study Guides so then Visit
    www.braindumps.biz site is one of the best site about
    certification.The Site Have Very Low Price And Provide Good Material
    So Please Check It Now

    Scott, Jul 29, 2004
  19. Ben

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "Scott" blathered:

    > My Dear Please
    >
    > If you Buy Study Guides so then Visit
    > www.braindumps.biz site is one of the best site about
    > certification.The Site Have Very Low Price And Provide Good Material

    ====================
    ===A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R===
    ====================

    --
    Tech "'And don't call me please!' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  20. Ben

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message
    <snip>

    Hello Scott. Please bend over, you're going to get @ss fukced. No no, not by
    me. It's just a figure of speech. Much like this:

    = A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R. =

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 29, 2004