Testking & Transcender - Exam Takers Please Read

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. This has probably been said many times, but people just don't seem to get
    the point! And although I've been posting on this NG for only few weeks its
    beginning to annoy me seeing people (such as Sathir Puchnabe, Maria Zapatta)
    post 'I passed my exam thanks to Testking' or 'I'm taking the exam soon,
    does anyone know if Transcender have a paper on it?'!

    If you use Testking or Transcender or any other software/study
    guides/braindumps that give you the actual test questions and answers then
    YOU ARE CHEATING, you are obtaining your qualification illegally, you might
    as well use one of those dodgy internet diplomas!

    If everyone cheated and took the exams, then we'd have millions of
    MCPs/MCSAs & MCSEs wandering around who don't know sh*t. It would mean that
    those of us who really studied and took the exam legally would have our
    certification degraded to the point where it became pointless. I'm only an
    MCP now, but I'm working towards MCSA, then MCSE, and I want to know that in
    the end it's going to be worth all the effort!

    Secondly if you become an MCSE through cheating, and you don't really know
    what your talking about, and then get a job based on that qualification,
    then what happens when a real problem arises in your job, and you have no
    idea how to sort it? Testking won't be able to help you then will they!? And
    you'll look like a real pro in front of your new boss and fellow MCSE team,
    won't you!

    If you really want that MCP/MCSE qualification WORK for it, study the
    literature, work with the OS to gain experiance, above all, remember
    TestKing/Transcender is NO help to you, you might think it is when you pass
    the exam, but in reality it is just giving you a false qualification, and
    you'll fall flat on your face sometime in the future!

    And in the end I think its much more satisfying to achive something (whether
    its an MCP qualification or anything else in life) knowing you did it
    through hard work, and not by cheating!

    Lastly, if you are going to cheat, don't post to this newsgroup, or any
    other microsoft newgroup for that matter, telling everyone about it!

    --
    Ben

    IT Professional, MCP 70-210
    "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Ben Blackmore

    R Guest

    Transcenders are NOT braindumps/real exams. I DO agree with you re. others
    such as testking.

    R, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Troytech as well!

    Aren't they? I've not actually seen them but I was under the impression they
    had some of the exam questions at the back. If not my mistake!

    Another big one I missed was Troytech which is a braindump!

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Ben Blackmore

    chun wong Guest

    I got a colleague who passed MCSE 7 papers after completed a MCSE course. He
    knows nothing about networking, server, AD, etc..... and his salary is as
    same as me.

    got another friend, he knew nothing about computer world when we were at
    Uni, after graduated he can't find a job, instead he did a MCSE course,
    later he found a job at bloody german bank and taught me what paper MCSE is
    .... @_@!

    So, I did MCSE 2000, I found it is absoultely useless. most of the question
    you would never used it on your real life.... e.g where is the log file
    location.

    My boss is a bloody greedy IT consultant. he asked me why I am bothered to
    take this exam... he said no need to take.... he doesn't trust the people
    with MCSE..... hahaha ^____^!

    now I m doing MCSE2003..... I think really it is bloody shit again.....

    Reason why doing MCSE 2003.. coz need more income and a tilte in my card....

    chun wong, Jul 27, 2004
  5. >Transcenders are NOT braindumps/real exams.

    to me, there's not a great deal of difference. I've seen comments from
    people, spoken to people, who have used transcenders and said that
    some of the questions/case studies were all but the same as the real
    exams. That may be a just down to the problems with the format of the
    exams, but it's still just plain wrong.

    Anyway, I feel that if people need those type of products, I question,
    at worst their ability, at best, their confidence in themselves. May
    be use them at the them end of your studies but in place of those
    studies.

    In any case the cert process needs to change so that real world
    knowledge comes more into play. For someone to be 'certified' surely
    should mean they actual have real world experience of the products?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  6. >Lastly, if you are going to cheat, don't post to this newsgroup, or any
    >other microsoft newgroup for that matter, telling everyone about it!

    no, they should do - it's great fun!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  7. "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
    > >Lastly, if you are going to cheat, don't post to this newsgroup, or any
    > >other microsoft newgroup for that matter, telling everyone about it!

    > no, they should do - it's great fun!!!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Heh, well yeah there is that I guess, a good troll bashing always brightens
    the day!

    I just find it frustrating to hear someone say 'i've never touched a pc and
    don't know what windows is, but i still passed my exam thanks to testking
    and troytec'

    I've worked with PCs for 7 years, I started by doing an apprenticeship where
    I got paid shit and given all the sh*tty jobs to do, along with this I did a
    2 year collage course, worked my ass off! Over the years I've gained
    experience by starting at the bottom and moving up from apprentice/lackey,
    to junior to engineer, working for different companies. And to hear that
    someone with NO experience what so ever can just walk in and pass an exam by
    cheating, and end up with the same qualification as me is very frustrating!

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  8. Re: Troytech as well!

    >Another big one I missed was Troytech which is a braindump!

    don't forget wong, cobol and chums.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  9. Ben Blackmore

    R Guest

    I agree that practice exams (not braindumps) such as Transcender / Self-Test
    / Measure-Up should only be used at the end of the studies, just to get you
    in the right frame of mind for taking the exam. That is the way I have
    approached the 15 exams I have taken over the last 5 years.

    R - MCSE (2003, 2000, NT), MCSA (2003, 200), MCDBA (SQL2000)

    R, Jul 27, 2004
  10. Re: Troytech as well!

    Ben Blackmore wrote:
    > Aren't they? I've not actually seen them but I was under the
    > impression they had some of the exam questions at the back. If not my
    > mistake!
    >
    > Another big one I missed was Troytech which is a braindump!

    Based on a conversation I had in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, I now tend
    to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps I suspected they were, but
    didn't know for sure. Someone who used them confirmed that they do indeed
    have actual test questions, but like Testking et. al., they're loaded with
    incorrect answers. BTW, please use my munged version of the bad word, as
    we've also discovered a while back that some web sites that do newsgroup
    feeds have been using that naughty word to allow certain less-than-honorable
    vendors to link to their a s s f u c k i n g web sites.

    --
    Fris "Exam Cram it up your ..." bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 27, 2004
  11. I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.

    Look at it this way, back in school you had your algebra/math test. Now
    think, would it have been considered cheating to see the exam paper BEFORE
    taking the exam? Of course it would! Your teacher may have given you test
    exam papers that had questions simular to those on the real exam, but not
    exactly the same! I have no problem with people doing simulated exams, as
    long as the questions aren't those asked on the exam!

    I can even see a point in maybe looking at those braindumps AFTER you've
    done the exam, to see what you got wrong, and show what sections you need to
    develope. After I passed 70-210 I had 1 area I only got about 70% and
    another I got 80%, however the results page doesn't tell you exactly what
    questions it was you got wrong, just what area.

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  12. Re: Troytech as well!

    >I now tend
    >to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps

    Do you mean the books? If so I'm quite surprised to hear that. I
    bought a couple of those books (VC desktop & distributed) and thought
    they were quite good. I don't recall any questions in the books being
    word for word as those in the exams.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  13. Re: Troytech as well!

    >> I now tend
    >> to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps

    > Do you mean the books? If so I'm quite surprised to hear that. I
    > bought a couple of those books (VC desktop & distributed) and thought
    > they were quite good. I don't recall any questions in the books being
    > word for word as those in the exams.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Look for a post in the MCAD group. I'm pretty sure that the guy stated that
    he used both Exam Crams and TestKing, although he said he got "bored" with
    TestKing and stopped using it, and said (or at least implied) that there
    were questions on the exam from both products. He also added that many of
    the questions, at least in TestKing, were wrong.

    What a surprise.

    --
    Fris "He didn't get my vertical secret message" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 27, 2004
  14. "Brian" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > I would have to disagree with you as well. The point is that the existence
    > of braindumps is a problem. Whether you would use them to cheat or not,
    > others definitely do. This devalues the certifications of those who

    obtained
    > them legitimately, as the presence of these sites create a bunch of
    > braindumping donkey-rapers who have no idea what they are really talking
    > about once they are put into a real world situation.
    >
    > Brian

    Agreed! And I particularly liked your use of 'braindumping donkey-rapers'.
    :-D

    Ben

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  15. Re: Troytech as well!

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > Look for a post in the MCAD group. I'm pretty sure that the guy stated

    that
    > he used both Exam Crams and TestKing, although he said he got "bored" with
    > TestKing and stopped using it, and said (or at least implied) that there
    > were questions on the exam from both products. He also added that many of
    > the questions, at least in TestKing, were wrong.
    >
    > What a surprise.
    >
    > --
    > Fris "He didn't get my vertical secret message" bee®, MCNGP #13
    >
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > http://www.mcngp.tk
    >
    > Certaholics

    I'd say it would be poetic justice if a question came up on the exam, and
    you answered wrong because you used TestKing to cheat and were too dumb to
    realise!

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  16. Ben Blackmore

    molsonexpert Guest

    Re: Troytech as well!

    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Look for a post in the MCAD group. I'm pretty sure that the guy stated

    > that
    > > he used both Exam Crams and TestKing, although he said he got "bored"

    with
    > > TestKing and stopped using it, and said (or at least implied) that there
    > > were questions on the exam from both products. He also added that many

    of
    > > the questions, at least in TestKing, were wrong.
    > >
    > > What a surprise.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fris "He didn't get my vertical secret message" bee®, MCNGP #13
    > >
    > > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > > http://www.mcngp.tk
    > >
    > > Certaholics
    > >

    > I'd say it would be poetic justice if a question came up on the exam, and
    > you answered wrong because you used TestKing to cheat and were too dumb to
    > realise!
    > --
    > Ben
    >
    > IT Professional, MCP 70-210
    > "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    Although I would never endorse a braindump, or the likes of testking et al.,
    I still think some of the burden should be put on Microsoft to constantly
    update and change the exam questions (or even changing the formats), so that
    a braindump from, say, 3 months ago, would be useless. As for the poetic
    justice, I always thought it would be cool if MS reused their old exam
    questions, but subtly change the wording to make the question mean something
    totally different. Anyone who uses a braindump for their main study material
    might get a little confused.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Jul 27, 2004
  17. Re: Troytech as well!

    "molsonexpert" <> wrote in message

    > Although I would never endorse a braindump, or the likes of testking et

    al.,
    > I still think some of the burden should be put on Microsoft to constantly
    > update and change the exam questions (or even changing the formats), so

    that
    > a braindump from, say, 3 months ago, would be useless. As for the poetic
    > justice, I always thought it would be cool if MS reused their old exam
    > questions, but subtly change the wording to make the question mean

    something
    > totally different. Anyone who uses a braindump for their main study

    material
    > might get a little confused.
    >
    > steve.

    Your right, they should have an exam board like most educational exam
    boards, who revise and add new questions on a regular basis. At the moment I
    think they have a pool of 400 questions, of which you get asked a random
    selection. If they were to add/remove 100 questions every once in a while it
    would put brain dumps out of business!

    Ben

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  18. Ben Blackmore

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Troytech as well!

    On Jul 27, 2004 "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > I now tend to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps

    Umm.. yea... I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Yea...

    I've used the Exam Cram series books (from Corolis not Que) for all of the
    exams I've taken and an Exam Cram 2 (from Que not Corolis) for the 70-218
    (although I never actually read it) and I also have the free versions of the
    Exam Master practice tests from Exam Force
    (http://www.examforce.com/customer/home.php). They are basically the same
    questions from the book so you can judge for yourself. I found their
    questions to be not only easy but nothing resembling the real exam. They are
    full of errors and incorrect answers (but hey, they're free!) so you do have
    to watch out. But I definately would *not* consider them to be "braindumps".

    --
    Tech "Contrary Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 27, 2004
  19. Ben Blackmore

    Japes Guest

    Re: Troytech as well!

    Don't be surprised if they are "re-wording" questions..... I can't remember
    which but it was either 210/215, where I had nearly identical worded
    questions and answers, back to back in the exam. I honestly thought I hadn't
    clicked the next button and went back, took me a moment to realised what was
    going on.

    --
    Regards

    Japes
    Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?
    When replying by email kindly put STARWARS in the subject line, otherwise
    its automatically deleted.

    Japes, Jul 27, 2004
  20. Ben Blackmore

    Beoweolf Guest

    pulled from an earlier post

    The difference between a "Dump" and a "test simulation" at its very closest
    point is one will have questions and possible answers from a "currently
    valid" test pool...the other may have questions from an older, no longer
    current test pool. one gives you the answer, ruining the whole idea of test,
    the other provides guidelines, references and explanations of the process
    behind the answer.
    as to the probable depth of knowledge need to
    successfully answer questions on the subject.

    Obviously, even use of old tests, unless permitted by the test developer or
    software vendor, is an infringement on the effort put into research and
    background performed by the person(s) providing
    the test. Since the software has finite limits, it is very possible that
    even separately developed tests will have similar questions on at least a
    few subjects. I mean, how many correct ways are there to logon? As the min.
    / max hardware requirements of an OS platform, reasonable ways to
    re-configure or consolidate an NT to W2K/W2K3 domain?

    Fact of the matter, I had a Professor that would distribute his test from
    the immediately previous year to incoming students as a way of letting them
    know what to expect in the coming year. One of two things would happen,
    First there was a mass exodus from his class in the first 2 - 3 days, from
    students that realized they were in over their heads or weren't prepared to
    put in that much time. Second, it was his way of letting people know that
    those tests were NOT going to be repeated for grades.

    How large is the pool of questions that MS draws on when they offer a test
    is their business, statistics would prove, that if the test pool were
    sufficiently large and distribution were random enough...even if you
    reviewed
    every question, barring a photographic memory...the chances of remembering
    enough to pass a test with out actual knowledge, could be greatly reduced.

    Unfortunately, unlike the SAT tests and other time limited or strictly
    controlled test, MS tests are given all over the world, but people with
    varying degrees of integrity.

    Fact is, you cannot prevent cheating, at best you can just make it damn
    inconvenient.

    > This has probably been said many times, but people just don't seem to get
    > the point! And although I've been posting on this NG for only few weeks

    its
    > beginning to annoy me seeing people (such as Sathir Puchnabe, Maria

    Zapatta)
    > post 'I passed my exam thanks to Testking' or 'I'm taking the exam soon,
    > does anyone know if Transcender have a paper on it?'!
    >
    > If you use Testking or Transcender or any other software/study
    > guides/braindumps that give you the actual test questions and answers then
    > YOU ARE CHEATING, you are obtaining your qualification illegally, you

    might
    > as well use one of those dodgy internet diplomas!
    >
    > If everyone cheated and took the exams, then we'd have millions of
    > MCPs/MCSAs & MCSEs wandering around who don't know sh*t. It would mean

    that
    > those of us who really studied and took the exam legally would have our
    > certification degraded to the point where it became pointless. I'm only an
    > MCP now, but I'm working towards MCSA, then MCSE, and I want to know that

    in
    > the end it's going to be worth all the effort!
    >
    > Secondly if you become an MCSE through cheating, and you don't really know
    > what your talking about, and then get a job based on that qualification,
    > then what happens when a real problem arises in your job, and you have no
    > idea how to sort it? Testking won't be able to help you then will they!?

    And
    > you'll look like a real pro in front of your new boss and fellow MCSE

    team,
    > won't you!
    >
    > If you really want that MCP/MCSE qualification WORK for it, study the
    > literature, work with the OS to gain experiance, above all, remember
    > TestKing/Transcender is NO help to you, you might think it is when you

    pass
    > the exam, but in reality it is just giving you a false qualification, and
    > you'll fall flat on your face sometime in the future!
    >
    > And in the end I think its much more satisfying to achive something

    (whether
    > its an MCP qualification or anything else in life) knowing you did it
    > through hard work, and not by cheating!
    >
    > Lastly, if you are going to cheat, don't post to this newsgroup, or any
    > other microsoft newgroup for that matter, telling everyone about it!
    >
    > --
    > Ben
    >
    > IT Professional, MCP 70-210
    > "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jul 28, 2004