testing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TECHNICAL SUPPORT, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. this is just a test to see if i can post.

    --
    Dear

    Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding

    For additional information, please feel free to review our FAQ located at
    http://www.optonline.net/Support.

    If you require further assistance you may contact us via:

    Email:
    http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Article?CID=type=reg&channel=68&ar
    ticle%3D1993861
    Live Support: http://ool.hopto.org
    Phone: http://www.cablevision.com/index.jhtml?pageType=phone_list

    Thank you again for contacting Optimum Online.

    Sincerely,
    Technical Support
    TECHNICAL SUPPORT, Oct 7, 2003

  2. TECHNICAL SUPPORT

    Boomer Guest

    TECHNICAL SUPPORT wrote:

    > this is just a test to see if i can post.

    [snip]

    Hello

    Please use a TEST group to post test messages. um.test --->

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of *test* newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)
    Boomer, Oct 7, 2003

  3. On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:28:49 +0000, Boomer wrote:

    > TECHNICAL SUPPORT wrote:
    >
    >> this is just a test to see if i can post.

    > [snip]
    >
    > Hello
    >
    > Please use a TEST group to post test messages. um.test --->
    >
    > alt.test --------------------------------->
    > misc.test ------------------------------>
    > za.test --------------------------------->
    >
    > The purpose of *test* newsgroups is to allow users to test
    > their news software and servers without annoying others.
    >
    > FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html
    >
    > Thank You :)

    I suspect it was an attempt at spamming too....
    William Poaster, Oct 7, 2003
  4. TECHNICAL SUPPORT

    Boomer Guest

    William Poaster wrote:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:28:49 +0000, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> TECHNICAL SUPPORT wrote:
    >>
    >>> this is just a test to see if i can post.

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> Please use a TEST group to post test messages. um.test --->

    [snip]

    >> Thank You :)

    > I suspect it was an attempt at spamming too....

    I thought so too. ;)
    Boomer, Oct 7, 2003
  5. TECHNICAL SUPPORT

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:19:54 GMT, TECHNICAL SUPPORT wrote:

    >this is just a test to see if i can post.

    Optonline idiot.

    "Why on this earth would I ask advice from someone who doesn't even know how to
    do something as simple as find a test group, or format a newsgroup signature?"

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
    Mara, Oct 7, 2003
  6. TECHNICAL SUPPORT

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" <> wrote in

    > this is just a test to see if i can post.
    >
    > --

    ----^

    Usenet sigs should be dashdashspace.

    Usenet sigs should be 25*80 characters maximum, best to use a shorter line
    length.

    [snip 25 line sig]

    Test posts should go to a test group.

    You may want to investigate how to mung your address.

    So far, "optonline" isn't scoring high.
    Petit Alexi, Oct 8, 2003