    is easily availble in Google. At least ISA would have been fun to play
    with.

    ....butch (764 of 900)
    fygar, Jul 2, 2004

  2. fygar

    Brat® Guest

    good luck

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002

    Brat®, Jul 2, 2004

  3. fygar

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On 02 Jul 2004 "fygar" blathered:

    > Today I will sit the Security+ exam in attempt to avoid sitting the
    > ISA 2000 for my :Security modifier.
    >
    > I would gladly accept some luck sent this way in return for not asking
    > easily researched questions like what is the passing score.
    >
    > I will say that I am sick of attempting to memorize information that
    > is easily availble in Google. At least ISA would have been fun to play
    > with.
    >
    > ...butch (764 of 900)

    Speaking of scores... does anyone know how to figure the percentage on a
    CompTIA exam? Supposedly they're based on a scale between 100-900 which
    would make them an 800 point scale right? I scored an 811 on the i-Net+
    yesterday, so if I take that number subtract 100 and divide it by 800 I got
    89%.

    Is that right?

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Jul 2, 2004
  4. fygar

    fygar Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:50:05 -0500, TechGeekPro <%username%@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >On 02 Jul 2004 "fygar" blathered:
    >

    >> Today I will sit the Security+ exam in attempt to avoid sitting the
    >> ISA 2000 for my :Security modifier.
    >>
    >> I would gladly accept some luck sent this way in return for not asking
    >> easily researched questions like what is the passing score.
    >>
    >> I will say that I am sick of attempting to memorize information that
    >> is easily availble in Google. At least ISA would have been fun to play
    >> with.
    >>
    >> ...butch (764 of 900)
    >>

    >Speaking of scores... does anyone know how to figure the percentage on a
    >CompTIA exam? Supposedly they're based on a scale between 100-900 which
    >would make them an 800 point scale right? I scored an 811 on the i-Net+
    >yesterday, so if I take that number subtract 100 and divide it by 800 I got
    >89%.
    >
    >Is that right?

    That's how I saw it too.

    ....b
    ....butch()
    fygar, Jul 2, 2004
  5. fygar

    Steve Guest

    I passed INET+ the first time and it was very easy since
    I had 3 years in IT when I took it. I don't think it has
    helped my resume at all. Most of the IT people I talk to
    have never heard of it. I think it is useless. Just my
    opinion......

    Steve, Jul 2, 2004
  6. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    Best of luck!

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 2, 2004
  7. fygar

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 2, 2004 "Steve" blathered:

    > I passed INET+ the first time and it was very easy since
    > I had 3 years in IT when I took it. I don't think it has
    > helped my resume at all. Most of the IT people I talk to
    > have never heard of it. I think it is useless. Just my
    > opinion......

    Yeah, it probably is but I got the money for the voucher from WIA (Workforce
    Investment Act). I figured with my experience with networking and Web design,
    it would be a "freebie", and it pretty much was. Besides, you can use the i-
    Net+ as credit toward the CIW Associate and then I would only need to pass
    the i-Accelerate exam to earn the CIW Master Administrator.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Jul 2, 2004
  8. fygar

    Andy Foster Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > Best of luck!
    >
    > --
    > Kelley
    > aka catwalker
    > IT Professional
    > MCNGP newbie

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Did we run out of numbers?
    Andy Foster, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Andy Foster wrote:
    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> Best of luck!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kelley
    >> aka catwalker
    >> IT Professional
    >> MCNGP newbie

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Did we run out of numbers?

    I think she mispledded "wannabe"
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 2, 2004
  10. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    I just have no fscking idea what number I am. I was never good at math. If
    you figure it out, please let me know.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 2, 2004
  11. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    Ooooh! Nasty! <g>

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 2, 2004
  12. fygar

    JaR Guest

    catwalker63 wrote:

    > I just have no fscking idea what number I am. I was never good at math. If
    > you figure it out, please let me know.

    If and when you _earn_ a number, we will let you know.

    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Jul 2, 2004

  13. >-----Original Message-----
    >Andy Foster wrote:
    >> "catwalker63" <> wrote in

    message
    >>> Best of luck!
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Kelley
    >>> aka catwalker
    >>> IT Professional
    >>> MCNGP newbie

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> Did we run out of numbers?

    >I think she mispledded "wannabe"

    You know that we have become a world class organization
    when inDUHviduals pretend to be members...

    Dr. Keyboard Cowboy, MD, PHD, MCSE, MSCA, MCD, GOD, MCNGP
    Keyboard Cowboy, Jul 2, 2004
  14. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 2, 2004
  15. fygar

    Sandworm Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in

    > I just have no fscking idea what number I am. I was never good at
    > math. If you figure it out, please let me know.

    See I put in all that work towards my MCNGP and now someone's trying to
    make it a dumpable cert???? No way!!! Actually cat I noticed you doing
    that last night but I was a bit too busy with the competition to try and
    correct you on conferring it to yourself.

    Just do the work and it will come naturally.

    Sandworm
    MCNGP #00100001
    Sandworm, Jul 2, 2004
  16. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    Very well. I have been properly chastised. I directed myself to the wrong
    site for membership. I have corrected my signature and await your wise
    decision to admit me to your august group.

    Where do I send my resume?

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker
    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > catwalker63 wrote:
    > > Ooooh! Nasty! <g>

    > One does not confer MCNGP upon one's self.
    >
    > One goes kicking and screaming into the feifdom.
    >
    > Please visit the web site below for further information
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/mcngp/
    >
    > --
    > Fris "That's all the help you're going to get - unless you send nekkid

    gifs"

    catwalker63, Jul 2, 2004
  17. fygar

    > Very well. I have been properly chastised. I directed myself to the

    wrong
    > site for membership. I have corrected my signature and await your wise
    > decision to admit me to your august group.
    >
    > Where do I send my resume?

    You don't.
    Andy Foster, Jul 2, 2004
  18. catwalker63 wrote:
    > Very well. I have been properly chastised. I directed myself to the
    > wrong site for membership. I have corrected my signature and await
    > your wise decision to admit me to your august group.

    Apparently you either didn't visit the web site or didn't read it. We don't
    just admit people. There are requirements to be met.

    Most recently, we've been doing polls on tentative new members, so it's to
    your advantage to suck-up to the other members, but you can start with me.

    > Where do I send my resume?

    e-mail your controversial pictures (and they had better not be of an actual
    cat walking) to me at billh at dasi dash software dot com

    --
    Fris "I can be so evil sometimes" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 2, 2004
  19. Andy Foster wrote:
    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> Very well. I have been properly chastised. I directed myself to
    >> the wrong site for membership. I have corrected my signature and
    >> await your wise decision to admit me to your august group.
    >>
    >> Where do I send my resume?
    >>

    > You don't.

    Dammit Andy, quit messin' with my messin' with their heads!
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 2, 2004
  20. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    Oh, I read it. BTW: The kerpalism link is broken.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 2, 2004