    how to map that physical address to a particular DIMM ?

    Thanks in advance,

    - NuTs
    Nut Cracker, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Under any circumstance, if you're to trust any of it, I think you might as
    well run a test that boots into it's own environment. For all I know, a
    thourough test-suite needs to move things around in a way that it can test
    the memory of the utility's own memory footprint.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Nut Cracker

    Nut Cracker Guest

    "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    > Under any circumstance, if you're to trust any of it, I think you might as
    > well run a test that boots into it's own environment. For all I know, a
    > thourough test-suite needs to move things around in a way that it can test
    > the memory of the utility's own memory footprint.
    >

    > Tony. . .

    ala MemTest86 .... but i havent seen anything like that for the IA64
    systems, which is why I am asking here.
    Nut Cracker, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Forgive me, I was thinking of something along the line of:

    http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

    The systemrescueCD - I was sure it had various pure 64bit versions, but it
    only comes with x86 and PPC support, it would seem.

    Checking Distrowatch, I see Debian 'Sarge' has IA64 support, and I be
    'damned' if they don't have 'memtest' right there on-disk?

    http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r5/ia64/bt-cd/

    as far as I can see IA64 versions can only be had by Torrent Download or
    Order.

    Tony Sperling, Mar 5, 2007
  5. Nut Cracker

    > Forgive me, I was thinking of something along the line of:
    >
    > http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
    >
    > The systemrescueCD - I was sure it had various pure 64bit versions, but it
    > only comes with x86 and PPC support, it would seem.
    >
    > Checking Distrowatch, I see Debian 'Sarge' has IA64 support, and I be
    > 'damned' if they don't have 'memtest' right there on-disk?
    >
    > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r5/ia64/bt-cd/
    >
    > as far as I can see IA64 versions can only be had by Torrent Download or
    > Order.

    I actually found a utility CD on the IBM site called PC Doctor 1.01 (under
    Intellistation, 6894-N2X). Its a little linux CD that when you boot to it,
    it runs through some rudimentary system diags. Which is cool and all, but I
    doesnt really put the memory through the paces that I want it to.

    Thanks for the link to the SARGE thing ... I will have a look at it and let
    you know what I come up with.

    - NuTs
    Nut Cracker, Mar 6, 2007
  6. Yes, thanks. That would be most interesting!

    Tony Sperling, Mar 6, 2007