    gbottolfsen Guest

    testing email address
    GB

    gbottolfsen, Oct 14, 2007

  2. gbottolfsen

    gbottolfsen Guest

    "gbottolfsen" <gbottolfsen[invalid]@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > testing email address
    > GB

    test of email address completed OK.
    Thanks
    GB

    gbottolfsen, Oct 14, 2007

  3. gbottolfsen

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:09:50 -0500, "gbottolfsen"
    <gbottolfsen[invalid]@insightbb.com> wrote:

    >testing email address

    Test failed. This isn't a test group.

    Evan Platt, Oct 14, 2007
  4. gbottolfsen wrote:
    > testing email address

    Guess what alt.test is for. You get three answers.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 14, 2007
  5. gbottolfsen

    Ohmster Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > gbottolfsen wrote:
    >> testing email address

    > Guess what alt.test is for. You get three answers.

    Gosh Blinky, you sure do get around, doncha? :)

    --
    ~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
    Put "messageforohmster" in message body

    Ohmster, Oct 14, 2007
  6. Ohmster wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> gbottolfsen wrote:
    >>> testing email address

    >> Guess what alt.test is for. You get three answers.

    > Gosh Blinky, you sure do get around, doncha? :)

    Been here for years. :)

    <music class="beach_boys">

    I'm gettin' bugged swimming up and down the same old strip
    I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip

    </music>

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 15, 2007
  7. gbottolfsen

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-10-14, Ohmster <> wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> gbottolfsen wrote:
    >>> testing email address

    >> Guess what alt.test is for. You get three answers.

    > Gosh Blinky, you sure do get around, doncha? :)

    Sharks have to keep moving.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 17, 2007
  8. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2007-10-14, Ohmster <> wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Guess what alt.test is for. You get three answers.

    >> Gosh Blinky, you sure do get around, doncha? :)

    > Sharks have to keep moving.

    Swim to live; live to eat.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 17, 2007
  9. getting on line

    We have 2 separate PC's; both use the the same dial up phone line to go
    online.Of course only one can be on line at a time, BUT why is it that
    occasionally one of the PC's can access the ISP, and the other can not, even
    if the other PC is shut down? Eugene

    Eugene Guazzo, M.D., Nov 5, 2007
  10. gbottolfsen

    Whiskers Guest

    Re: getting on line

    On 2007-11-05, Eugene Guazzo, M.D. <> wrote:
    > We have 2 separate PC's; both use the the same dial up phone line to go
    > online.Of course only one can be on line at a time, BUT why is it that
    > occasionally one of the PC's can access the ISP, and the other can not, even
    > if the other PC is shut down? Eugene

    Perhaps the ISP's system hasn't registered that the previous session begun
    by the other PC at your end, has ended. Or perhaps sometimes the ISP's
    modems are all busy when you try to connect - ISPs often sell more dial-up
    accounts than they can connect all at once, as they don't expect everyone
    to want a connection at the same time.

    It might be worth looking for one of the (now rather old-fashioned and
    scarce) routers that has a built-in on-demand dial-up modem or can use a
    seperate external one; that would make life more convenient and let you
    network your two computers together as well. (You would need to have
    'ethernet' network interface cards in both your computers - or 'wifi' if
    you prefer that and the router supports it).

    If it's important to you to be able to make an internet connection
    immediately whenever you need one, talk to your ISP about upgrading your
    account to a "one to one contention ratio" - ie they guarantee that there
    will always be a line ready for you; of course, that is likely to cost
    more than a standard account with a typical "10:1" or "20:1" contention
    ratio. DSL ("broadband") or ISDN might be worth investigating too, if
    they are available on your telephone line.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Nov 6, 2007
  11. gbottolfsen

    Evan Platt Guest

    Re: getting on line

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:52:29 -0500, "Eugene Guazzo, M.D."
    <> wrote:

    >We have 2 separate PC's; both use the the same dial up phone line to go
    >online.Of course only one can be on line at a time, BUT why is it that
    >occasionally one of the PC's can access the ISP, and the other can not, even
    >if the other PC is shut down? Eugene

    I don't know. Maybe providing the error you get when one of the pc
    tries to connect would give a clue.

    Evan Platt, Nov 6, 2007