  1. Guest

    never posted to any newsgroup before, need to see if this works...

    , Feb 6, 2008

  2. sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Feb 6, 2008

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:17:34 GMT, wrote:

    >never posted to any newsgroup before, need to see if this works...

    Gee, no it doesn't. Usenet's been broken for years.

    Ever think to just POST? Or, use a group that has test in the name?

    Evan Platt, Feb 6, 2008
  4. Guest

    thank you for replying, and now that I can see it worked i can get into
    newsgroups a little more.. See, I have no real experiance with newsgroups at
    all, so didnt think to go looking for anything called test, or whatever...
    Im sorry if I have disturbed your day by making my test post. and thank you
    for the somewhat helpfull links to what Im still not sure, But I will look
    into them further...

    Have a nice day/night...

    , Feb 6, 2008
  5. zynteq7 Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:17:34 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >> never posted to any newsgroup before, need to see if this works...

    > Gee, no it doesn't. Usenet's been broken for years.
    >
    > Ever think to just POST? Or, use a group that h<snip>

    Oh for Christ's sake he's a Usenet virgin cut him some slack :p

    zynteq7, Feb 7, 2008
  6. Maria Guest

    I posted something here some time ago as a Virgin as well and I got stomped
    on the same way. They have a great way to greet someone here. Little do most
    of them realize they are not perfect either and were user net virgins at one
    time. Now I just sit back and watch for my problem to appear and fix it
    myself.

    Good Luck
    Phil

    Maria, Feb 7, 2008
  7. sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 6, 11:17 pm, wrote:
    > never posted to any newsgroup before, need to see if this works...

    It didn't work. I can't see anything! :-o

    sandy58, Feb 7, 2008
  8. zynteq7 Guest

    sandy58 wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 11:17 pm, wrote:
    >> never posted to any newsgroup before, need to see if this works...

    > It didn't work. I can't see anything! :-o

    "I see dead people..."

    zynteq7, Feb 7, 2008
  9. Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 21:20:38 -0330, "Maria"
    <,ca> wrote:

    >I posted something here some time ago as a Virgin as well and I got stomped
    >on the same way. They have a great way to greet someone here. Little do most
    >of them realize they are not perfect either and were user net virgins at one
    >time. Now I just sit back and watch for my problem to appear and fix it
    >myself.

    Think of Usenet as a big conference room, with a microphone and a
    podium. People walk up to it, and talk to everyone.

    Now every once in a while, someone just walks into the room, up to the
    mike and says "Hey, is this thing working?"

    Evan Platt, Feb 7, 2008
  10. Guest

    , Feb 7, 2008
  11. Guest

    zynteq7 <> wrote:

    >sandy58 wrote:
    >> On Feb 6, 11:17 pm, wrote:
    >>> never posted to any newsgroup before, need to see if this works...

    >> It didn't work. I can't see anything! :-o

    >"I see dead people..."

    Dead people see me! And I'm tiring of the tap on the shoulder and
    nobody's there.
    --

    Seen the Hawaii Chair ?
    http://consumerist.com/352629/the-hawaii-chair-freaks-us-out

    , Feb 7, 2008
  12. Maria wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    > I posted something here some time ago as a Virgin as well and I
    > got stomped on the same way. They have a great way to greet
    > someone here. Little do most of them realize they are not
    > perfect either and were user net virgins at one time. Now I just
    > sit back and watch for my problem to appear and fix it myself.
    >
    > Good Luck
    > Phil

    ^^^^

    Phil? Maria? Having some gender identity issues?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 7, 2008
  13. Mara Guest

    On 7 Feb 2008 04:24:23 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Maria wrote:
    >^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> I posted something here some time ago as a Virgin as well and I
    >> got stomped on the same way. They have a great way to greet
    >> someone here. Little do most of them realize they are not
    >> perfect either and were user net virgins at one time. Now I just
    >> sit back and watch for my problem to appear and fix it myself.
    >>
    >> Good Luck
    >> Phil

    > ^^^^
    >
    >Phil? Maria? Having some gender identity issues?

    Good catch.

    --
    Today's forecast is: moderate to heavy patches of Frogs and a sunny outlook,
    but with a belt of inflatable pink Lizards moving in from the west for the

    Mara, Feb 7, 2008
  14. Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Phil? Maria? Having some gender identity issues?

    Could be a shared computer with the poster not knowing how to create
    multiple identities in Outhouse Express.

    Evan Platt, Feb 7, 2008
  15. VanguardLH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > thank you for replying, and now that I can see it worked i can get
    > into
    > newsgroups a little more.. See, I have no real experiance with
    > newsgroups at
    > all, so didnt think to go looking for anything called test, or
    > whatever...
    > Im sorry if I have disturbed your day by making my test post. and
    > thank you
    > for the somewhat helpfull links to what Im still not sure, But I
    > will look
    > into them further...
    >
    > Have a nice day/night...

    Now that you are getting into Usenet, you might want to read the
    following articles as a guide:

    http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html
    http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    VanguardLH, Feb 7, 2008
  16. Gordon Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On 7 Feb 2008 04:24:23 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Phil? Maria? Having some gender identity issues?

    > Could be a shared computer with the poster not knowing how to create
    > multiple identities in Outhouse Express.

    <snigger>

    Gordon, Feb 7, 2008
  17. Target Guest

    Again, thanks for the help, and support.
    I do like the ability to post, and there are alot of articles here that seem
    to be of help.

    Its almost like a forum, but more managable, and more livley for the most
    part...

    --
    Treasure Tooper, A Great place to earn A little extra money... click below
    to check it out...

    http://www.treasuretrooper.com/369139

    Target, Feb 7, 2008
  18. Maria Guest