    Does anyone else in the UK have experience of setting
    up this device?

    George

    George Dishman, Dec 18, 2004

  2. George Dishman

    Martin² Guest

    George,
    you didn't say who provides your VoIP.
    If you can call FWD, try echo test on 613, also 612, 615 and 958.
    Also worth trying is IPTEL 411, voice activated news etc.
    Regards,
    Martin
    (sipgate & FWD using X-lite)

    Martin², Dec 19, 2004

  3. "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > George,
    > you didn't say who provides your VoIP.

    It comes with an account with globalvillage.com
    and the web interface has a button that configures
    it using a tftp download but it also allows for
    entry of configuration data for other providers.

    I've registered accounts with IPTEL, Draytel (for
    the free 0870 number) and GossipTel and tried using
    x-lite with the Draytel account to call the router
    on the global village account. I hadn't heard of
    Babble before but seeing it mentioned in the group,
    it looks good.

    > If you can call FWD, try echo test on 613, also 612, 615 and 958.
    > Also worth trying is IPTEL 411, voice activated news etc.

    Excellent, just what I need.

    > Regards,
    > Martin
    > (sipgate & FWD using X-lite)

    On a point of security, is it a bad idea to
    publicise a sip number, for example putting it
    in my sig so people can call me? Is there the
    equivalent of spam on sip?

    best regards
    George

    George Dishman, Dec 19, 2004