    Justtesting my news server settings are ok.
    In Outlook Express I can't see anything more recent than 26th August.

    Either somethings not working or you've all stopped posting!

    The Iceman, Sep 9, 2006

  2. The Iceman

    The Iceman Guest

    "The Iceman" <> wrote in message
    news:45030f2b$...
    > Hi.
    > My apologies for posting this.
    > Justtesting my news server settings are ok.
    > In Outlook Express I can't see anything more recent than 26th August.
    >
    > Either somethings not working or you've all stopped posting!

    That's odd it worked fine.
    So why has nobody posted since 26th August?

    The Iceman, Sep 9, 2006

  3. The Iceman

    The Iceman Guest

    "The Iceman" <> wrote in message

    > "The Iceman" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >> My apologies for posting this.
    >> Justtesting my news server settings are ok.
    >> In Outlook Express I can't see anything more recent than 26th August.
    >>
    >> Either somethings not working or you've all stopped posting!
    >>

    > That's odd it worked fine.
    > So why has nobody posted since 26th August?

    YooooooHooooooo! Is anybody out here?
    Jeez its like the Marie Celeste in this newsgroup!

    The Iceman, Sep 9, 2006
  4. The Iceman

    PhilT Guest

    The Iceman wrote:

    > I have raised a tech support query with Tiscali (my ISP).

    well there's your answer. Get a proper ISP.

    PhilT, Sep 12, 2006
  5. The Iceman

    The Iceman Guest

    "PhilT" <> wrote in message

    > The Iceman wrote:
    >
    >> I have raised a tech support query with Tiscali (my ISP).

    > well there's your answer. Get a proper ISP.

    Its me again!
    Okay I've dumped Tiscali's news server.
    I'm now using one of the rare totally open free news servers that allow
    posting.
    This one's in the Netherlands somewhere I think.
    This is just a tester to see if it allows posting.

    The Iceman, Sep 12, 2006
  6. The Iceman

    The Iceman Guest

    "The Iceman" <> wrote in message

    > "PhilT" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The Iceman wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have raised a tech support query with Tiscali (my ISP).

    >> well there's your answer. Get a proper ISP.
    >>

    > Its me again!
    > Okay I've dumped Tiscali's news server.
    > I'm now using one of the rare totally open free news servers that allow
    > posting.
    > This one's in the Netherlands somewhere I think.
    > This is just a tester to see if it allows posting.

    Yeeharr!!
    Apparently it does!

    The Iceman, Sep 12, 2006