    ROTFLMFAO

    GSaM

    game set and match in case youre wondering !!!
    GSaM, Jan 1, 2005

  2. GSaM

    Rock Guest

    Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page

    Rock, Jan 1, 2005

  3. "Rock" <> wrote in message
    > Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page
    > GSaM <_INVALID> wrote in message
    >> Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see
    >> the
    >> looks on your faces
    >>
    >> and you still had to look didnt you, just cant ignore them can you
    >>
    >> ROTFLMFAO
    >>
    >> GSaM
    >>
    >> game set and match in case youre wondering !!!

    Rock old chap, i suggest you look at the posts by me as Dr H, it might make
    abit more sense then
    Dr Hackenbush, Jan 1, 2005
  4. GSaM

    gangle Guest

    No one was "obsessed." It looks more like you are both
    uninformed and stubborn -- a bad combination. You were
    informed that test posting belongs in a test newsgroup.
    That IS correct information -- it's just simple netiquette
    and common procedure. That "Dr. Hack.../GSaM" entity is
    a troll trying to stir up controversy where none exits. As I
    have already mentioned, your lack of understanding of this
    NG has you answering that troll, while arguing with and
    lecturing knowledgable people of good intentions who were
    trying to educate you as to the way things work in newsgroups.
    My advice at this point is to stop posting until you have lurked
    longer and understand the lay of the land.

    "Rock" wrote

    gangle, Jan 1, 2005
  5. GSaM

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 06:53:57 -0800, "gangle" <> wrote:

    >No one was "obsessed." It looks more like you are both
    >uninformed and stubborn -- a bad combination. You were
    >informed that test posting belongs in a test newsgroup.
    >That IS correct information -- it's just simple netiquette
    >and common procedure. That "Dr. Hack.../GSaM" entity is
    >a troll trying to stir up controversy where none exits. As I
    >have already mentioned, your lack of understanding of this
    >NG has you answering that troll, while arguing with and
    >lecturing knowledgable people of good intentions who were
    >trying to educate you as to the way things work in newsgroups.
    >My advice at this point is to stop posting until you have lurked
    >longer and understand the lay of the land.

    From M-W:

    Main Entry: rock
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English rokke, from Old North French roque, from (assumed)
    Vulgar Latin rocca
    <snip>
    2 : a concreted mass of stony material; also : broken pieces of such masses
    3 : consolidated or unconsolidated solid mineral matter; also : a particular
    mass of it
    <snip>
    My own addition:
    4. Apparently, the contents of "Rock's" head.

    "HTH."

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Jan 1, 2005
  6. GSaM

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:56:19 GMT, Rock wrote:

    >Why is everyone so obsessed by someone posting a test page

    There are test groups in some the posts, might be flushed after a
    specific time.

    Using normal groups means the posts remain in any archive, like 24hshd.
    There is no point to archiving test posts. Most test posters never
    appear again. Some can't even find the test again, to check it worked
    and make several attempts. All of these posts propogate to every
    newsserver carrying the group.

    >GSaM <_INVALID> wrote in message
    >> Dedicated to the PRATS........ you know who you are, wish i could see the
    >> looks on your faces

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jan 1, 2005