    Ginnie Guest

    Does anyone know the passing scores for the MCSE or MCSA
    tests... Can you point me in the right direction???
    Ginnie, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Ginnie

    |{evin Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:18:02 -0800, "Ginnie"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know the passing scores for the MCSE or MCSA
    >tests... Can you point me in the right direction???

    What would it matter? You'll know if you passed or not when you finish
    the test. Knowing the magic number beforehand won't help you any.
    |{evin, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Thanks for nothing JERK!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Between 600 and 700, each test has a different pass score, some will show you the number at the beginning of the test.
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpayBLaXJ3aW4=?=, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Ginnie

    Dave Marden Guest

    What does 600 - 700 mean, is there a common percentage of
    the questions asked?

    Dave Marden, Jan 17, 2004
  6. Ginnie

    Dave Marden Guest

    I found this at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.a
    sp

    I hope this helps, it says that as of SBS 2003
    certifications you need 700 on all tests to pass, and that
    the maximum points possible on the tests varies depending
    on how hard the test is.

    Q. What does my score mean?

    A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows
    ServerT 2003-related exams, Microsoft will provide
    numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003,
    most exams will have the new score report format, which
    includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
    customers and testing industry experts to create an exam
    scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new
    scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all
    exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary depending
    on the complexity of the skills being measured.

    Dave Marden, Jan 17, 2004
  7. Ginnie

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Ginnie" <> wrote in message news:<06aa01c3dcc1$a95bcb30$>...
    > Does anyone know the passing scores for the MCSE or MCSA
    > tests... Can you point me in the right direction???

    For MCSE you need to get at least 7 passes.
    Don't know off the top of my head how many you need for MCSA, but you
    can find out at http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    If you search for "scores" in this NG via groups.google.com you might
    find answers to many, many similar questions.

    HTH

    Andy
    Andy Foster, Jan 17, 2004
  8. Ginnie

    |{evin Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:26:05 -0800, "JJ"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for nothing JERK!!!

    Anytime, assfucker.
    |{evin, Jan 17, 2004
  9. Ginnie

    Brat Guest

    wrong... I know Exhange 2000 (224) had a pass mark of 645... another had a
    pass mark of over 740 (70-219)

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 17, 2004
  10. On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:26:05 -0800, "JJ"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for nothing JERK!!!

    www.cramsession.com has a great break down on every exam including
    relative difficulty number of questions and allotted time

    Click the exam link you're interested in on this page

    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/microsoft/mcse-2000.asp

    good luck!

    "We require rigidly defined areas of
    doubt and uncertainty!"