Test Question

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by McKinley Morganfield, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
    thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    You are the desktop administrator for your company. The network consists
    of a single Active Directory domain. All users have Windows XP
    Professional computers, and all users store their data on file servers.
    No company or user data is stored locally on client computers. Users
    from the sales department have portable computers. When these users
    travel, they must be able to use company data files even when they are
    not connected to the network. Caching of offline files is enabled on all
    shared folders on the file servers. Offline files are configured on all
    computers used by employees of the sales department. Additionally, these
    users select several folders to be made available offline. However,
    sales department users report that when they are out of the office, the
    offline files are no available to them. You need to ensure that the
    offline files are available to the sales users, even when they are not
    connected to the network. What should you do?
    A. Grant the sales users Allow-Full Control permission on the shared
    folders.
    B. Change the caching options for the shared folder to allow automatic
    caching of documents.
    C. Add the servers containing the sales department files to the
    Exception list on the offline files configuration.
    D. In the Advanced properties for Offline Files, select the Notify me
    and begin working offline check box on each of the sales department
    client computer.

    McKinley Morganfield, Feb 24, 2006

  2. McKinley Morganfield

    Julia B Guest

    That sounds wrong. I would have chosen B also. Was this on exam 70-270?

    Julia B, Feb 26, 2006

    Yep 70-270

    McKinley Morganfield, Feb 27, 2006
  4. McKinley Morganfield

    Vai Guest

    They could've expanded on the question a bit further or made it a bit clearer
    in the configuration blurb.

    Looking at D. this is correct if it hadn't been configured to start with.

    The question does state that caching has been configured on the servers and
    that the users select the folders to be made available offline.

    Ques B. would sync all files that were previously opened by the user during
    a connected session.

    Vai, Feb 27, 2006
  5. McKinley Morganfield

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day McKinley Morganfield <> did cause the
    electrons to come together and form the follwing words:

    > I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
    > thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Any good pratice test would explain the reason behind their answer. Why do
    they say the answer is D? Alternatively, who is the publisher. If you
    really think they made a mistake, check their website for errata.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Feb 27, 2006