Test Prep...the CHEAP way

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Lee123, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. Lee123

    Lee123 Guest

    For less than $10 on the internet, I bought "MCDST exam" by Timothy Warner
    (ISBN 1-58450-355-6) and studied with it and the free resource on the
    microsoft website for about 2 weeks before taking 271. The book has a few
    errors in it but the price compensated for that. I also used my computer to
    follow allong with the instructions in my book, eg I made an unattended
    install answer file etc. And I offer to help my friends through remote
    assistance, etc.

    I paid $60 to do the test because i'm a student (you have to call in and ask
    for exams 072-271 and 072-272.) Remember 072 NOT 70, it is the same test, but
    072 is a special offer code.

    Even though I barely passed exam 271 (740 something) I'm now a MCP and all i
    spent was <$70 (plus gas to get to the testing center). When it all boils
    down a pass is a pass is a pass.

    I plan to take a similar approach to 272.

    --
    MCP

    Lee123, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Lee123

    Lee123 Guest

    Using the same book, I prepared for part two. And low and behold i saw some
    of the SAME questions (even the answer choices!) on the test. The only
    difference was the name of the company used. I passed the test.
    --
    MCP

    Lee123, Feb 10, 2006