Test format, time for, number of questions, etc, help req

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by scav_engr, Oct 11, 2005.

  1. scav_engr

    scav_engr Guest

    Hi, where on microsofts site can the technical details of a test be
    found? Below is what I copied/pasted from a cert site out there but
    some of the info is also outdated. (ie- the release date on 216 via MS
    is x/x/2002.) Anyway, I've got the MCSE homepage, the indiv test
    outline pages, but the format, pass score, question count, and time
    limit isn't included there. Figuring this info has to be somewhere
    official, where can it be found? -thnx

    sc

    ------------------------------------
    216
    Cost: $125 (US)
    Format: Standard
    Passing Score: 700
    Questions: 65
    Time Limit: 180 minutes
    Launch Date: 6/08/00
    -------------------------------------

    scav_engr, Oct 11, 2005

  2. scav_engr

    scav_engr Guest

    No reply? This thread has the stink of *dumba$$* all over it. hehe.
    But, I wanted to know and found out (which all you other folks must
    have already known) was that MS doesn't tell 'u' what the format for a
    test will be, how many questions, any of this. Any info found on cert
    sites is simply reported back by candidates and below is the reply I
    got from mcphelp-

    We are glad to assist you. Microsoft Certified Professional exams are
    administered in three general formats: Short Standard, Standard, and
    Adaptive Exams. You may receive any of these formats at any time for
    any exam.

    Short Standard exams contain 20 to 30 questions and last approximately
    one hour.

    Standard exams contain between 50 and 70 questions and last
    approximately 90 minutes.

    Adaptive exams contain 15 to 30 questions and vary in time allowed.

    Candidates are expected to understand the exam content, regardless of
    how it is presented. Therefore, Microsoft changes the exam format and
    questions from time to time. In addition, Microsoft does not identify
    the format of any given exam at the time of registration. Both
    practices help protect exam security and the value of Microsoft
    certification. To prepare for the exam, candidates should use the exam
    objectives listed in the exam preparation guide.

    Also, MCP exams often contain new testing technologies. Please visit
    the below URL to learn about these technologies and be prepared to test
    with them.
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/default.asp

    If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank
    you for contacting Microsoft.

    so there you go.

    sc

    scav_engr, Oct 14, 2005

  3. The answers to the questions MS will or won't answer with reference to their
    test can be inferred without them.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 14, 2005