    bit version?
    Thanks
    BATA

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFUQQ==?=, Aug 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QkFUQQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "BATA" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is their a download to see if your system and or programs will run on the
    > 64
    > bit version?
    > Thanks
    > BATA

    Do you have a 64 bit processor in your computer?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 27, 2005

  3. i really dont know. p4 extreme 3.2 ghz

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFUQQ==?=, Aug 27, 2005
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 27, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QkFUQQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "BATA" <> wrote in message
    >i really dont know. p4 extreme 3.2 ghz
    >
    > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
    >

    >> "BATA" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is their a download to see if your system and or programs will run on
    >> > the
    >> > 64
    >> > bit version?
    >> > Thanks
    >> > BATA

    >> Do you have a 64 bit processor in your computer?
    >>
    >> Bobby

    You have a chip based upon the old Northwood die. It is not a 64 bit chip.
    You cannot install Windows XP Professional x64 Edition on a 32 bit chip,
    which your is.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 27, 2005
  6. You can also download CPU-Z (by CPUID) found

    http://www.cpuid.org/download/cpu-z-130.zip

    Just look for the "x86-64" in the Instructions line. If you don't see it,
    then the processor doesn't have EM64T/x64 capabilites.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y21jYXJ0aHk=?=, Aug 27, 2005
  7. Thanks went to the intel web site and recieved the info.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFUQQ==?=, Aug 27, 2005
  8. You're welcome. I wish Intel made it easier to figure out.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    BATA wrote:
    > Thanks went to the intel web site and recieved the info.
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> The best way to find out what processor you have, and what its
    >> specifications are, is to use the Intel Processor Identification Utility,
    >> available from the Intel site:
    >> http://support.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/
    >>

    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> BATA wrote:
    >>> Is their a download to see if your system and or programs will run on
    >>> the 64 bit version?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> BATA

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 27, 2005